Denied [Network Wide Suggestion] Force /nick on players with inappropiate

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gluupor, Aug 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gluupor

Gluupor Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +125
    In Game Name:
    Gluupor
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Network Wide
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Force /nick on players with inappropiate
    What are you suggesting:
    Force /nick on players with inappropiate names in case they cant just straight out change their name instead of straight out banning them. Unless they misbehaved its way over the top of anything remotely reasonable.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    because its a pointless rule that does nothing but upset players that actually did nothing wrong.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. Logannnnnn

Logannnnnn Alaska シ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +651
    I agree, this is an appropriate way to handle this problem. We don't want to ban the few members we have left / joining.

#2 Logannnnnn, Aug 4, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  3. Gluupor

Gluupor Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +125
    i will have to add that the decision was actually made inline with the rules so it cant really be called "misuse of power" or even abuse.
    yet again i strongly disagree with how the situatuation was handled.

4. LeosZombie

LeosZombie Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +20
    This rule would be a good way to help stop enragement among the population about bans for slightly inappropriate usernames. As well as give the user potentially in question the time they have until they can change their name again.

5. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    +1
    The situation was handled a bit harshly, but it does say in the rules that names need to be appropriate. This name was on the line, for people who can’t change their names tho, they would be told to wait cause they can’t play on an alt until their main is unbanned. So sadly he’d have to wait. I feel forced nicknames in this situation would help out a lot and if they don’t change their names within 7 days of being able to, then they can take the ban.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    In many cases this isn't feasible as too many plugins broadcast usernames as opposed to nicknames (skyblock challenges, lottery, etc)

That being said I've seen ridiculous username bans recently... They really should only be banned if they contain like actual harsh swears or slurs. Banning names like "ballsack" because they could mean something inappropriate is a joke

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Unfortunately this isn't feasible due to the forum integrations we have. They require the forum usernames to be the same as the in game ones. This means someone could have an extremely inappropriate username, that we cannot mask on the forums.

Aem did not have the level of integrations we do, and unfortunately we cannot match the same protocols.

That said, I'm not against changing the inappropriate name protocol.

8. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    @STAFF-01 Moderator @STAFF-02 Super Moderator @STAFF-03 Game Admin @STAFF-04 Server Admin
    I'd like the inappropriate name protocol to be changed.

Honestly, flat out harsh AF swear words should be banned, but things you find touchy or offensive, just leave it alone and message me if needed. The full blown out right banning because a name is bad in your opinion needs to stop. @STAFF-03 Game Admin 's please discuss this with the team.

We cannot force /nick due to basically what @JamieSinn mentioned, thus I'm marking this denied since that was the suggestion, however I do want staff to discuss what I mentioned above.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #8 andrewkm, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.