Denied [Network Wide Suggestion] Debt Forgiveness

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kenny0011, Jan 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny0011

kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816
    In Game Name:
    kenny0011
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Network Wide
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Debt Forgiveness
    What are you suggesting:
    Forgiving all debt bans issues before a certain date (1st Jan 2020)
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    At the moment, debts from pre reset are effectively forgiven, with bans issued being removed on submitting a ban appeal in vague english. This is due to a variety of reasons (pre-reset money not being particularily relevant, users inactive, fresh slate for all, etc)

What I'm suggesting is moving this forgiveness date to the 1st of Jan 2020, as a "pre magic-tool" date, however I believe this could be changed after discussion.

As the economy has suffered from serious inflation due to magic tools, most debts from before this date are trivial amounts of money compared to current balances, and many users who the debt are owed to may not even be active anymore.

As such, with the 10 year ECC aniversary coming up, it gives people a potential second chance to actually come back and join in in any potential celebrations, and ultimately, might bring some users back into the fold.
    Other information:
    Could mass email current banned users saying that forgivness on any debts has occured, as to really advertise that people can come back easily.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Unbans
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    +0 Maybe forgive the debts of those who owe non-active members or other banned players, but I'm sure active players still want their money.

3. Commander_HK47

Commander_HK47 ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +29
    I am +0 to -1 on this.

I think this will send a bad message to people that do decided to come back and or new players amassing debit. It would signal that ECC is OK with people bailing on their debits if they just wait a period of time. I think in some cases if the situation warrants an unban for legacy debit, then they can make their appeal in the ban section if they aren't forum banned and the admins want to take on the extra appeals too.

#3 Commander_HK47, Jan 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  4. kenny0011

kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816
    Im not saying a complete unbans for all. Users would still have to file an unban. It would just be treated how loan scamming bans from before the reset are currently handled (as in, they are pretty much straight up unbanned, and not required to may back money)

5. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    If most debts are trivial compared to the economy nowadays, then it won't take them very long to earn the money anyway.

I don't like the precedent this sets. I also think the last thing the (as some call it) "troubled" economy needs is instability on whether loans can be collected.

6. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    -1 If the amount if trivial players/administration should be fine letting payers pay it off.

7. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    The fact that most of this debt has been effectively inflated away defeats the point of debt forgiveness - There already has been debt forgiveness. There'd be a stronger case for server intervention in this if there's been substantial deflation, but we've had just the opposite.

There's also the overriding concern about the sanctity of agreements. Contracts should be voided in the most limited and exceptional of circumstances (such as a server reset). Changes in pricing for various things doesn't, nor should it, affect whether contracts are enforced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.