Accepted [Network Wide Suggestion] Ban alts

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nicit6, Oct 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    In Game Name:
    nicit6
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Network Wide
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Ban alts
    What are you suggesting:
    Ban alts
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Skyblock:
    Alts just get used to afk-automate a larger array of things. If we ban hacked clients because they give an unfair advantage, why allow alts? They just allow people to spawn more shit than a single person could normally

City:
    People use alts to get around the additional town costs, and get around the alt rules by using other people's alts. If people want extra towns they should either buy them from the server or from other *real* players, but as it is, the alt rules effectively allow cheap extra towns. We don't want there to be too many towns on city.
    Other information:
    like most things exceptions should occur in certain circumstances, but the tl;dr is SA approval for special circumstances
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  2. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    I understand banning alts from city. I dont think it should be allowed to use alts like we are currently seeing. Additional towns are more expensive for a reason and to just go around it by buying another user's alt mayor rank makes no sense. That shouldnt be allowed. But skyblock is basically automation and if you cant use alts like any other skyblock server i doubt we would get players that like skyblock to stay on the server. Different minecraft modes like skyblock and factions are based around using alts for things.

+1 for city alts to be disallowed for certain things
    -1 for skyblock alts as its one of the main things that occur with skyblock

3. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    @Nicit6 In a similar topic a while back about limiting Residents being able to sell there towns to Mayors. https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/...-mayor-in-exchange-for-the-town.160325/page-2 You yourself said that banning Mayors from transferring their town would essentially be a idea for limiting people to transfer/buy others towns, but go on to say that any rule like this would be easily skirted around, which is the same problem with what you are suggesting. Anything like that has such a grey area that policing it would just be fighting a losing battle. I'm sure you have seen over the years as a Staff Member (As i have seen quite a few over the course of my time as a member on ECC) where people appeal or respond to complaints to do with alts with 'sorry that was my younger sibling' or 'my brother/sister did that and didn't know the rules'. The whole being siblings or alts on the same IP is a grey area anyway and the only way you essentially know if they are either is if they tell you and i'm pretty sure people get away with it by simply lying.

Rather then just banning it, as it doesn't actually solve the issue, why not try to incentivise making towns the right way?

My Suggestion
    Remove Town Transfers, meaning you can buy towns, but you cant transfer them to put warps etc. which makes them less useful
    Meaning your own towns are unique.
    OR
    If you keep Town Transfers, make them cost more money to make the incentives of being able to make warps, heal signs etc. worth it.

I wanted City to change and i thought that City was going to be a fresh start where the problems of old main would be changed and modified to recreate a diverse, interesting economy. I don't know if thats still happening or whether its like Football Manager where its just a reskin of the previous version but nothing gets fixed/changed.
    Towns were worthless before, and this would be a small small step in the right direction. But then again, Letting people buy ECD pre-city (even though old hard earn't money cant be transferred, I guess USD speaks louder than loyalty) already dents that hope of an even, fair playing field where towns could be used within the economy as an actual currency.

tl:dr - Banning stuff didn't work on old main, it made it boring and 1 dimensional. Incentivise doing things the right way making avenues of an economy that has been lost for a long time.
    --

Cant really comment on Skyblock as I haven't really played it enough

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  4. Awesomah

Awesomah Me make big moni
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +98
    City part: meh, it seems true

Skyblock part: absolutely BIG potato. Like what the hell

5. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    I agree with Mission on this one. First, isn't it a little late to be banning alts on city at this time..what about all of the contracts that already have been approved for town purchases? Mission has this right imho... allow the alts, but figure out ways to make it more expensive to use.
    As for City being even @Mission001 - unfortunately it will never happen. With the ability to purchase ECD with USD, the rich will once again be the ones that will be rich, and everyone else will be poor and complaining.
    And what good does it do to not allow transfer from forum to City for 6 -12 months when forum ecd can be used to purchase just about everything needed?
    Towns? no problem
    Materials? no problem
    Work needed? no problem
    just use the forum.

6. Scamazon

Scamazon monkey
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,157
    As someone who has been inactive for some 8 months, it is incredibly clear that I am completely up to date with everything on the server and that my opinion is of great importance.

What I seem to understand here is that alts are currently a grey area in the rules. It's pretty difficult, from what I know, to determine whether a player on the same IP as another player is really an alt, another player, or a mix between both. In both city and skyblock, you'll almost always be able to use alts to afk in your advantage.

It is, however, pretty reasonable to say that alts are a good and mostly unfair way to get around paying more for extra towns. As long as you have full access to your alt, town transfers won't be all that necessary since you can just buy all town features with your alt. What I would suggest is maybe some sort of fee a player has to pay if they wanted to build a town near another player's town, thus counteracting the "discount" on a town that you can obtain with the use of an alt. This, of course, would probably bring a lot more issues with it but that's all I have for now.

7. LJKAzrael

LJKAzrael Freelancer | Ikigai
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +372
    -1 To entirely banning the use of alts
    +1 To more strictly regulating them

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  8. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    edit.

#8 jwpwns, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  9. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Because most people don't care about town transfers. Most people who do this want more land for their empire, and secured transfer rights to do so, but when it came down to it, most people never transferred the town. Preventing town transfers like this does not help.

as a server we have a long history of implementing rules that are likely ineffective and only harm people who get caught. It's honestly not that hard to illegally automate something and it be impossible to tell, if you know what you're doing. Yet we still have the rules in place to discourage it. I'm fully aware that alt accounts can be difficult to enforce but that doesn't mean we should just allow them free reign.

Not too late at all, if anyone contracted in that way they should just be refunded. Rules are already in place for the specific circumstance of "rule change makes approved contract now illegal". As I stated above, making it more expensive to use won't really solve the problem.

10. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan Sponsor*~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,065
    +1, people could still afk on skyblock with their main account.

I say staff get an exception for it though.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    +10000 something needs to be done to many alts on skyblock its become a afk gamemode eventually all money made will be funneled into main. And on Main using alts to get a town yes i agree something needs to be done it got out of hand on old main we had waaay to many towns.

#11 jwpwns, Oct 26, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  12. communism1

communism1 Kingfish
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    +1000 for city. The alt town stuff is getting borderline insane and is kinda cheaty imo

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  13. PyroTechnix_

PyroTechnix_ Professional Coffee Drinker
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +291
    City +1
    SkyBlock -1

14. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    SkyBlock alts are allowed.
    City alts are allowed (Resident rank maximum).
    You cannot rank up a City alt account past Resident.
    Only your Main account can have a town on City.

Anyone caught with an alt account in possession of a town on City server will have both accounts permabanned.

Town transfers are now 500,000 EcoDollars to prevent buying off another persons Mayor rank to avoid EcoCityCraft's price scaling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Attention. All staff members take note of these changes!

@STAFF-01 Moderator
    @STAFF-02 Super Moderator
    @STAFF-03 Game Admin
    @STAFF-04 Server Admin

Attention. Wiki team please make the relevant changes across the ECC Wiki where needed. (I've changed the application and wiki front page already). There may be other sections however, including rules.

@TITLE-02 Wiki Team
    @TITLE-03 Wiki Team Leader

#14 andrewkm, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.