Denied [Network Wide Suggestion] Add Bedwars

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SisuJaSalmiakki, Dec 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OniFox_

OniFox_ Long live Valaria
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +572
    I agree with some of your points, when you weren’t attacking me. Bedwars would be a great addition to the server and it would be fun I’m not arguing that. What I’m arguing is literaly what you just stated, there are barriers in place that would need to be addressed. Sg died off because it’s not advertised or stated as a major impacting factor on our server. Other servers have open world pvp where it’s not limited by time or objective it’s tracked by kills in 1 life as well as kills over all, which is the current interest for most Mc players, constant fighting without limits. My point here is with SG not being advertised and new players not knowing / showing interest, I see bedwars dieing for the same reason. Our server is advertised via economy and not for the game’s on the server so people wouldn’t even know we had it if we got it and it would die.

It would need to be properly advertised and I don’t see ecc advertising mini games I just don’t.

#41 OniFox_, Dec 29, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  2. SisuJaSalmiakki

SisuJaSalmiakki Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +30
    You've just earnt yourself a follow :)

3. OniFox_

OniFox_ Long live Valaria
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +572
    @xboyfernz

Basically I agree with the main point of lack of advertisement for the games. If we had more I agree, they would flourish. Just don’t see that happening without a lot of convincing to Andrew that people would keep it active.

4. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    Okay first and foremost.
    @xboyfernz @Darth_Hydraxis @S_Bend_To_Blind

Lets try to keep it civil. This is a suggestion not a flame war. Post your opinion and unless you have something productive to add, stop posting and yelling. Yelling "Just ignore trade chat" and then "How dare you suggest I ignore trade chat" Back and forth for 2 pages is not productive.

Now, that is out of the way. My own opinion. Which hopefully will be received respectfully.

1) Whether we are or are not meant to be a mini game server is irrelevant to the fact that no one plays the mini games. We are an economy. I was one of the big advocates for the return of SG. It used to back in 2013 and 2014 be a big deal and lots of people would play all of the time. Now-a-days it is a small group of people who spend a lot of time trying to get others to go play it. I would argue it is our current population size that has caused this. We used to average 300 players on at a time. So more players meant more people who might want to SG. Further more, we now have VMR and Skyblock as alternative game modes for those who don't feel like the daily grind. So adding ANOTHER mini game to spread out the population of people not on the main server would just lower the number of people in each mini game. Which please note, is already an atrociously low number of people.

2) It isn't even as simple as asking about oversight costs for another server to be placed for a map. You also have to consider the cost of the plugin itself, and the upkeep of the plugin, and if theres any custom shit we want to do to the plugin. Cause lets be serious. Lets say hypothetically this gets approved and added. A week from now the same people who want this will be making suggestions to change parts of it. And then Andrew has to pay someone to go make those changes if he choses to do them.

3) At the moment I suppose my general attitude is, "Why?" We would be better off spend the servers time and money and resources getting advertisements up and limiting the bugs that 1.14.4 has cause and 1.15 might cause when we update to it. So my suggestion is that we wait until we have a shit ton of players to play these things and then try asking for more mini games. Then it will be justifiable. Right now, we can't even fill an SG map without Andrew yelling "God Key".

Thank you for taking your time to read Revan's opinion for the day. Please keep your hands inside the moving suggestion at all times and avoid flames. We don't want anything to get out of hand.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  5. OtterInAOnesie

OtterInAOnesie Owner of Otter Farms
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +320
    I gave a rough estimate, like I said in my post. I used a website that offers cheap hosting. Odds are almost 100% that the hosting we use is a premium and therefore costs a lot more. also $28/month adds up and is a lot of money for something that has been made very clear by most of the playerbase that it is not wanted.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  6. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    I dont think the idea of the minigame is what people are against, its the time that would be needed to implement that mini game into the server and make the cash connect and all that. I think people would rather have andrew focus on the main network since there is always so much to do.
    If it was as easy as clicking a button, every server would have bedwars.

7. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    You're basically asking for a server that's dead on arrival - You can't possibly expect ECC to compete in a gamemode that's already monopolized by a 50,000+ player server.

We aren't a minigames server, nor do we intend to be. Not happening.

(also a bit interesting that based off of the replies here, the ECC community itself doesn't seem too thrilled with the idea of such a gamemode, but that's aside the point)

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  8. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    We are an Economy server. Please visit our /main and /mainnorth game modes to see what we offer.

Adding pointless mini games has nothing to do with retention. This is not how Minecraft server hosting works. We have far more important things to focus on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #48 andrewkm, Jan 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.