Netherstar Price Discussion

Discussion in 'Economy & Market' started by Nicit6, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    netherstar price thread I guess

#1 Nicit6, Sep 1, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  2. matt8865

matt8865 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +40
    1.4 million in cash

3. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    500k down, 190k a week for 8 weeks

4. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Looking for 2.2m cash in hand

5. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,058
  6. mypolopony

mypolopony Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +38
    Not that it really matters, but I purchased my eff7 only about a month ago, and I think I paid 1.85m.

But netherstar prices are super volatile so it's a bit hard to appraise. . .

• Potato Potato x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Natelev

Natelev Skyblock Mod
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,031,351
    Ratings:
    +290
    Netherstar prices aren't volatile, and I really doubt prices will go back to what they used to be in the near future. I wish people would get that idea out of their heads.
    Nether stars are worth more now than they were two months ago because:
    • A lot of nstars were taken out of circulation by andrew
    • The cost of buying exp from the server shop went up
    • Nstars are now also used for cross-server item transfers
    Before these changes, the price of nstars were stable for a long time.
    Since the price increase, nstar prices have actually been very stable (except on mainnorth, but that's a different story)
    The last two factors are permanent changes, and the nstars taken out of circulation by andrew will take a long time to replace.

These aren't signs of a volatile market - this is a long term price increase in response to certain market conditions changing.

The price of nstars isn't going back down, and bringing up old nstar prices is irrelevant when the market itself has changed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #7 Natelev, Sep 4, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  8. mypolopony

mypolopony Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +38
    I totally agree. Apologies, I misspoke rather flippantly.

There seems to be some consternation from other people about, omg why are the prices so high, omg will they ever go back? I don't expect the price to decrease at all in absence of, as you mentioned, structural changes or intentional monetary policy. To the degree that someone wants to bring back the old prices! in that context, I agree, it's the wrong angle to take. And anyway, I'm not one of those people.

I'm not an economist nor do I study markets of any kind. But I think my misuse of volatility was mostly because I made no reference to any particular time period. As an example, the intra-day volatility pales when looking at a week, fluctuations per week disappear month-to-month, and multi-month fluctuations are certainly blips in the long term trend, which I assume is up.

Plotting the average price of netherstar auctions (presumably an indication of it's true value), I do in fact see stability on both ends of this time period from June to September, and a phase change / adjustment period between the two. So that would confirm your narrative.

I think, perhaps, all the fuss is likely because of that transition area in the middle where no one was kind of sure what was going on, and then there was another increase (for legitimate means, as you said), so there was probably some loss of confidence in the market. . . at least for this period of time, to individual stockholders who don't sit on the Board of Directors (which is fine).

On an emotional note, a perhaps awful analogy: Imagine going to the bakery, looking at all the croissants and pannenkoeken and brioche, and then there, on the shelf, is this beautiful loaf of bread, and you say to yourself, damn, I'm gonna have one of those someday. So you do your toiling in the cave mines (mine caves?), or you till the field, slaughter animals and such, fight off fish that are clearly not fish, and you finally scrounge up enough money to go to back to that bakery, stand proudly and say: Hello Sir! I would like That Bread Right There! And the clerk says, oh, no, sorry, the price is actually double now . . womp womp. The reasons for the changes are valid, but it can certainly feel really demoralizing, on a personal level.

Anyway, I hope this helps to make things a litter clearer. . . at least, it does for me.

P.S. This is all from logs that, I think, Minecraft outputs by default. If anyone is interested in adding their logs, it would paint a really good timeline. So, if you are just pm me! pef838 likely has some additional data, and there are lots of other cool things to learn. I also have the similar plots for other commodities, I'll try to share them maybe in another thread. if anyone is interested (you shouldn't be)

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Potato Potato x 2
    • List
    #8 mypolopony, Sep 5, 2019
  9. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Building Fanatic
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,755
    Title Changed & Thread moved upon request :)

10. Natelev

Natelev Skyblock Mod

EcoDollars:
    $1,031,351
    Ratings:
    +290
    The year is 2025.
    Nether stars are worth 200k each, after andrew increased the price of /kit exp from $500 to $1000 USD.
    Star tools are regularly raided by ECC's five co-owners and thrown into lava, to "keep the market in check".
    One of these co-owners doesn't like the state of things, so they quit, and soon enough, most of the staff team has quit along with them.
    But that doe
    sn't matter. It's time for ECC's second main reset.
    Andrew presses the nuke button, archiving city and leaving it on version 1.34 forever.
    The instant it took and
    rew to archive ECC and wipe out the entire nether star market leads people to question the concept of assigning value to a virtual item in a video game. People begin to question what the basis of an item's "worth" is at all, if that worth can simply be taken away with the press of a button.
    However, after two months of skyblock and hardcore factions being ECC's only gamemodes, andrew launches a new main server.
    This new main server is known as "nation".
    People flock to the
    ECC store to buy exp, stocking up on nether stars for a chance to buy an elusive star tool on the new server.
    However, due to the n
    ewly increased prices, no one can afford the 50,000 nether stars required to buy an eff7.
    Certain groups begin to
    form, who pool all of their nether stars together in hopes of one day buying a star tool.
    These groups agree to then share their star tool equally among all members, once they have bought it.
    Fast forward several years, and these groups have developed life-long bonds.
    They never managed to get enough nether stars to buy a star tool.
    But maybe that do
    esn't matter.

Maybe the true value of nether stars comes from the friends we made along the way.

Thoughts, @mypolopony?

[​IMG]

#10 Natelev, Sep 6, 2019
  11. mypolopony

mypolopony Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +38
    Sounds good to me

12. twistedjonny

twistedjonny ECC Investor
    ECC Investor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +184
    So with all of that said, where are the prices at now? lol Haven't been on main in a while. I've been hoarding stars :p

13. S_Bend_To_Blind

S_Bend_To_Blind going wild for heads, renting farms, trades nstars
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $2,985,000
    Ratings:
    +85
    A few hours ago they were advertised in chat with 1100 - 1175.

In auctions some were sold for 1k or above

14. TheCravedOne

TheCravedOne ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +49
    Currently Nstars are worth anywhere between 800-900 due to blgordon selling two dchests @warp sell at 900 and 875. since then the star market has dropped drastically

15. blgordon

blgordon ECC Benefactor
    ECC Benefactor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +181
    @TheCravedOne I didn't sell two dbls of nstars. Not sure why some users are saying that but it simply didn't happen. Maybe you are thinking of a certain other player who got drunk, bought a lot of exp and was giving away stacks a few days ago?

16. TheCravedOne

TheCravedOne ECC Sponsor

Ratings:
    +49
    Back again, current nstar prices are 750-850

17. Natelev

Natelev Skyblock Mod

EcoDollars:
    $1,031,351
    Ratings:
    +290
    lmao how is this thread still going and how did it turn into an actual nether star prices discussion thread

18. TheCravedOne

TheCravedOne ECC Sponsor

Ratings:
    +49
    because I want people to be notified of the current price

19. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,058
    my thoughts seeing this thread at the top of the economy forum

20. TheCravedOne

TheCravedOne ECC Sponsor

Ratings:
    +49
    Star price rising @ 750-900