Mods need to take more action!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xxdawsonisepicxx, Jan 4, 2014.

?

Should mods take action in wild griefs and other problem tht are relative to the wild.

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. No ( Explain why )

55 vote(s)
    91.7%
  1. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    Indeed, making grief in the wild illegal would do 2 things. It would lower the value of plots in towns due to a smaller demand for them.
    And second, it would kill supermods+. Trust me, I've been on the server since before it was made illegal, while the whitelist was still on. Every couple of days andrew would have a no-whitelist day to advertise the server and have new players join and get a taste of the server. The amounts of grief we had to deal with on those days is a on such a large scale that the grief we have in towns with hundreds of people joining every day becomes nothing in comparison. And mind you, back in the day we only had maybe a hundred new players on those days and they griefed EVERYTHING to bits.And that was an insane amount of work for us staffmembers.

2. JazzBeam

JazzBeam Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +151
    Now I can conclude that ECC has Real Estate for a different reason than in real life. Because in real life, plots cost money because there is a limited amount of land on our planet, but ECC on the other hand, there is unlimited amount of land, infinite amount of land, and the only reason why it costs money is because it has towns that have plots be protected. And the wild is just free, open space, that has no privacy, nor protection. And when you are buying a plot in a town, you are paying for the protection and privacy of your blocks and structures on your plot.

3. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306

There is not an unlimited amount of land on ECC. There is a boundary. The main world is 30,000x30,000 blocks

#63 Revanrose6, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  4. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,132
    If ecc was unlimited some desperate builder would travel 500,000 blocks to a place no one has ever been and make a home that no one would ever find.

5. Starleana

Starleana Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +854
    Reading most of the long comments I know that every aspect has been covered as to why this isn't a good idea, but I would like to have some input in the matter.
    The ammout of grief reports that would come in would be so immense, the moderators would not be able to handle them all.
    It's life. Like revan said once, life is fair. It gives wonderful things, but it can take them away in an instant. We will not always get what we want.
    Sure it is sad, but if they didn't read the tutorials or rules, then they will learn the hard way.
    And roll backs, oh gosh andrew is already busy carrying the server, let alone doing little roll backs for builders that will probably quit with in the month.
    P.s. Just because we don't agree with you, does not mean that we hate you.

6. Twinsfan5

Twinsfan5 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +66
    Ok, if greifing isn't allowed in the wild, what's the point of towns?

7. _MegaBilder_

_MegaBilder_ Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +27
    Its not protected so no i see where the mods/andrew come from.

8. Dewsy92

Dewsy92 Ex-Staff Team Troll
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,643
    On a more practical note, how would having protectable buildings/houses etc work in the mining world considering it is reset every month? It would be contradictory for the Staff to protect things in the mining world only to then go and wipe it completely from the server.

Rather than finding a balance between giving people fair warning of a reset (which would be a bad thing for many other reasons), I believe it makes more sense to have a clear rule that there is NO protection whatsoever. As others have mentioned before me, there is an abundance of cheap plots, so the rule in its current state doesn't result in newer players having no opportunity to have a protected plot.

#68 Dewsy92, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  9. JazzBeam

JazzBeam Builder

Ratings:
    +151
    Oh, I didn't know that.

10. catman797

catman797 Builder

Ratings:
    +7
    Why don't we focus on something like cactuses

11. JazzBeam

JazzBeam Builder

Ratings:
    +151
    What is the issue with cacti?

12. catman797

catman797 Builder

Ratings:
    +7
    Absolutely nothing. We shall talk about their perfection

13. JazzBeam

JazzBeam Builder

Ratings:
    +151
    Okay.

14. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
  15. catman797

catman797 Builder

Ratings:
    +7
    • Purposefully derailing a thread after being warned not to.
    chugga chugga chugga chugga *train hits cactus* O CRAP WE BE GITTIN DERAILED!

16. JazzBeam

JazzBeam Builder

Ratings:
    +151
    Wait a minute! A cactus can't grow on train tracks . . . Unless kuke was standing there!!!!

17. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306

Keep on topic. As Kuke already said, we will not allow this thread to be derailed. If you don't want to talk about the topic at hand, don't chat here.

18. SnDxCH4RG3R

SnDxCH4RG3R |Technical Tycoon|
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +899
    I don't mean to sound harsh or to put it bluntly, but the wild is the wild where grief is permitted. The builder could have taken advantage of the /lock command. Yes of course the person could be nice and not take from the chest but he does have every right to. This is a hardcore economy server and hardships are to be endured. Tans being a well educated player did nothing wrong, and the builder should have known, if he doesn't already by now, known he was in jeopardy of grief or theft because it clearly states it in the rules and the tutorial of the server.

19. Sharpi3loko

Sharpi3loko Lotto Losing Champion
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +11
    Mendiboi In reguards to Plato you have good point. morally its wrong to allow grief in the mining world, as im sure the ECC staff is aware of due to the fact that they quote it as being frowned upon but not illegal. However, if you were to imagine the Mining World as protected, it would fail to be an efficient "gathering world". Protecting the mining world would mean massive confusion. In Dawnson's case here what gives him the right to call the spawners his own? Because he THINKS he found them first? What if _TANSTAAF was the previous "owner" of that spawner? What sets the standard for a grief? By breaking any single block you'd risk damaging someone's front yard and being reported for griefing. What defines a home? Couldn't any cave be considered someone's home? Mining would be inefficient if you'd have to dodge everyone's personal property which seeing as to its being a "WILD" would imply people could consider limitless amounts of area as "their home" or 16 people claiming ownership of the same spawner. What would stop others from kill mobs from "your" spawner? How would you know if the spawner you found already has an "owner"?

As for Locke... same as above... to avoid destriction of another's labor would you just have to stay out of the mining world altogether? or maybe file for permissions on the area to make sure no one "owns" it? How would you define one's labor as property? Does that mean that chunk I've mined in belongs to me? It's my labor... does that not give me right to own it?

And finally, if standing idly by as immoral behavior is occurring is all it takes to proclaim someone as immoral themselves, then are we not all immoral? Or could someone truly claim that they've never allowed immoral behavior to take place in the world around them? doing so would be hypocrisy and thus be immoral in itself. Can we truly judge another as immoral based on their inability to protect a no-man's land? Can we blame an officer for not arresting a criminal in a crime that's out of his jurisdiction? Wouldn't him taking action outside of his jurisdiction be considered immoral?

Just found myself in a ranting mood...

20. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    Nice rant.