Mods need to take more action!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xxdawsonisepicxx, Jan 4, 2014.

?

Should mods take action in wild griefs and other problem tht are relative to the wild.

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. No ( Explain why )

55 vote(s)
    91.7%
  1. xxdawsonisepicxx

Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +47
    ok first of all do not lock this MODS! every single time I say something it gets locked! now Before u read the rest of this go here to see why I am saying what I am saying: http://ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/complaint-on-tanstaafl.81602/#post-398186

Ok so You have read it correct? Good now ... lets continue, You see a builder that does not have locks on their chests in the wild and their diamonds and other stuff gets grief or stolen and their house gets griefed, I cry because they lose everything they worked for there and they go ask mods if they can help,
    they say that we cant ... then they go on forms and complaint about it then the mods lock it and don't do anything, well It makes me so mad! cause it shouldn't happen ! Now , mods can literally do anything on the server fix grief's, do roll backs , ban , etc. But when they say they wont handle grief in the wild! but they can handle it in towns! what the frick! I bet the builder is so heart broken when the mods refuse to help them just cause its in the wild. it... its just so sad because the mods refuse to help them if its in the wild ... I expected more from the mods and I am very very disappointed in all of them ... I think they should take action. they can make nether pvp but not the wild and they say its not pvp bla bla bla so we cant do anything. that don't mean u cant take action and help them and see who griefed their house and warn the person who griefed them! One time when someone griefed me in the wild and the 5 of us there that lived there was ticked off cause they saw the person griefing us as we stood there and I had to msg a mod they told me they cant do anything! they just stayed there and watched him grief us. I will repost this next week to get ahold of more ppl on this post this is not for locking this is for the people off ecc to tell the mods what they have to say ! DO NOT LOCK THIS IS NOT FOR THE STAFF OR MODS OR GAMEADMINS!!!

~~xxdawsonisepicx~~

2. skittlesbanana

skittlesbanana Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +55
    It is called the "wild" for a reason...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. miniCLH

miniCLH President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +397
    Just no.

If the builders took the tutorial or read the rules as there supposed to they would find out the wild is an unprotected and unsupported place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. GeneralZach

GeneralZach Builder

Ratings:
    +7
    Moral of the story: Hold on to whatever you think is valuable
    Mods shouldn't have to be on grief patrol, that's why they offer lwc, honestly a builder shouldn't aquire so much valuble stuff that they refuse to sell that they would need a chest to keep it in untill they own a plot which range from 500-1k for really cheap ones. I understand grief is annoying but it is easily preventable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. voiD_yO

voiD_yO Builder

Ratings:
    +180
    We don't handle grief in the wild because it is unprotected area; it is not owned by anyone in particular and therefore is a 'free-for-all'. We tell new users to look for a plot in a protected area and if they read the server information, they would know that is it risky to build in the wild.

Just gather some money by voting and buy yourself a 10x10 plot.

The /lock command on chests containing valuables can also be used.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #5 voiD_yO, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  6. DrSyrup

DrSyrup Builder

Ratings:
    +44
    I understand where you're coming from, however, the wild is different and it always has been. The wild is an open world free for people to mine, cut wood, etc. You need to understand that when Moderators state that they can't do anything about it, that doesn't mean that they don't want to. It's simply that it's apart of their job. It's not against the rules to grief in the wild, thus the Moderators have nothing to do about the grief. They can, however encourage the users that were griefed to try join a town, but that's about it. The Moderators aren't to blame for this if indeed you are blaming somebody. This rule has been and I'm positive always will be put in place that it's not illegal to grief in the wild.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #6 DrSyrup, Jan 4, 2014
  7. xxdawsonisepicxx

Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +47
    idc idc idc it is still very very sad that the mods wont do anything about it! its just sad . and whoever was griefed is just so upset!

8. DrSyrup

DrSyrup Builder

Ratings:
    +44
    You're right that it's a little sad, but there's nothing the Moderators can do, really. The actual best they can do is give the user that was griefed some advice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. rockboy2000

rockboy2000 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +310
    The fact that you don't care and are not being open minded leads me to believe there is no point me explaining my point of view.

So no.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. miniCLH

miniCLH President

Ratings:
    +397
    OK... Promotes Dawson to mod

Now go patrol the 5000 by 5000 area that you want to, reminders people hide underground and above the ground enjoy.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. xxdawsonisepicxx

Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +47
    lol lets not get of topic and stop being funny this is a serious post

#11 xxdawsonisepicxx, Jan 4, 2014
  12. xxdawsonisepicxx

Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +47
    I just am so flabbergasted by all of your negative responses I thought we would all think about this ... but no no one on ecc likes me everyone hates me so say what u want to say

13. miniCLH

miniCLH President

Ratings:
    +397
    1. Vote
    2. Buy a plot
    3. #Winnar

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. KMaxwell

KMaxwell Crazy Cat Lady that Crochets
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,614
    Are you only concerned with the main world? Because Builders most often make homes in the mining world, which is also free for all, without the LWC capability, and also gets reset about every 4 weeks or so. What about all those users who have their belongings deleted with the old mining world? Or, does your concern not extend to them?

The point of "the wild" is to survive. If you don't learn about the tools you have (LWC, buying plots in towns, etc) is it really surprising that there is no support but apologies and advice on how to avoid a repeat situation? It's like falling and skinning your knee. Do you stop going outside to play? No... you pick yourself up, dust off, and keep going.

Sorry to seem heavy-handed, but, it's rather like making a mountain out of a molehill here. There is a limit to what can and cannot be done by Moderators in every situation, and I'm sorry that you feel everyone hates you simply because they do not agree with this suggestion you have made. (I would also advise against making repeat threads on this, even if this one is locked, since that is in violation of the forum rules... just so you know in advance.)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. rockboy2000

rockboy2000 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +310
    We are not supporting your idea because we think it is not one that will benefit the server.

Yes, we understand how annoying it must feel to get griefed in the wild, many of us have experienced it first hand. But you must understand that staff have better things to do. There are plenty of other options to secure your items. The first thing is to /lock checks and doors. You can also buy a plot in a town, in the main world. That way you are protected and if grief does occur the felon will be dealt with accordingly.

I am sure that no everyone hates you. I do not hate you and neither do the people who have replied to this thread. We have all thought about your suggestion and given our views. You should not be so dismissive simply because we do not agree with you. Try to think from a moderators stand point.

16. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,132
    No. This will benefit nothing. The exp market will become so low again that exp will be 0.30/orb. Spawners are the only way of getting exp, and if we keep them the exp market won't change at all. This is why players break spawners. They want the exp price to rise.

17. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    We already have our hands full on grief reports in towns, imagine the hundreds of builders griefing each other and us doing their grief reports and then having ANDREW roll it back. Imagine the amount of work that is.

Now, if builders don't want to be griefed or anything, our wiki with the rules AND our tutorial area explain in detail how it works on the server, if you don't read the wiki or look at the tutorial then it's YOUR OWN fault if you lose your items to other people.
    Instead of complaining about users being griefed, educate the users and have them look at the tutorial.

18. Original_Jackson

Original_Jackson ♕ Ecoleader ♕
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +901
    From the server rules:
    Grief in the wild is frowned upon, but allowed. Staff will not take any action in the case of wild grief.
    Please keep in mind that the mining world does not allow LWC locks, and therefore anything you leave in chests in that world is free for all.

You agreed to the server rules when you applied for resident, therefore you have read this part. You should have known.

19. _Mendiboi

_Mendiboi President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $36,278
    Ratings:
    +451
    I recognize that change will never come to the system, but I've still decided to entertain this idea and challenge those in favor of the current protocol. Allow me to nullify the idea that the staff's declarations are ethically moral by their own authority. I will construct my argument against the staff's moral authority using Plato's ancient dialogue, the Euthyphro. Plato's teacher, Socrates, who in most of Plato's works is given the leading role, asks the overconfident Euthyphro whether actions are right solely because God declares them to be right, or whether God declares them to be right because they are right. Essentially, Socrates was inquiring whether actions are right by God's fiat or whether God was subject to moral standards. If actions are right because God declares them to be right, then anything that God commands will be right by God's authority. Had God commanded murder and theft, then surely murder and theft would be right under this rationale—unsettling and to many an unacceptable answer. Granted, one may choose to support this discomforting view, but they face another difficulty. If the good equates to what God commands, then saying God's commands are good is basically saying that God's commands are God's commands, a mere tautology! In this case, the possibility of meaningfully praising the goodness of God would be forever lost. Plato was essentially arguing that if God's commands were good solely because God declared them, then the 'morality' of God would be defeated, thus proving that if God exists, then he must be subject of moral laws in order to be worthy of praise. Now, lets replace the word “God” with the phrase “ECC's staff” and rephrase Plato’s argument. If the rules are good because the staff created them, then saying that the staff's rules are good is saying that the staff's rules are the staff's rules—another mere tautology! Insofar, I've proven that the staff must be subject to moral standards in order to be good.

I now turn to the tradition of liberal philosophy particularly the works of John Locke. Locke was an English philosopher who greatly contributed to the liberal idea of property. Locke argued that humans are endowed with a specific unalienable right to their life, liberty, and labor. Locke believed that not only could these rights never be alienated, they couldn't be signed away using a contract or a 'disclaimer,' but that they could also derive other rights. The right to own the works of one's hands, the right to own property, is derived through the right to own one's labor. Locke proposed that when one builds something he joins his unalienable labor with the constructed object creating something that is necessarily the creator's property. To damage or steal a property is to infringe on the creator's right to his own labor, an action that is morally reprehensible.

The staff, by their unwillingness to protect the wild, is promoting immoral behavior, and is thus, at least partially, responsible for the actions.

My question is this,

Can a staff that forms policy which promotes immorality be considered good?

#19 _Mendiboi, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  20. Gernen

Gernen Prime Minister
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,113
    they are supposed to read the tutorial when they start out, which will teach them everything. Plus the wild is huge. -1

No comment. Who told you we don't like the idea because we "don't like you"? It would just be a huge amount of work for the moderators and you seem too naive to understand that.

#20 Gernen, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014