Mob stacking broken

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by yandyyyy, Oct 23, 2020.

1. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    @iSneaky if you figure this out please let us know. :)

2. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Can confirm this is still happening at my /home spawner on mn. I was using the setup as normal then did /warp to get to another location. Next, I did /back and the bug happened.

3. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    @UnitedStates2 - since sneaky is currently gone for a while, can you mess with this and see if you can try to reproduce it properly.

4. iSneaky

iSneaky This is a local server for local people
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,256
  5. matrix_rep

matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,451
    no clue if this would do anything but maybe try to replicate it on an alt that has no moderator permissions, no clue if there will be a diff just brainstorming

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    This would not have any effect in this scenario.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  7. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Is it not worth the try considering staff have attempted again and again to replicate but failed?

8. MocaBear

MocaBear Just a Dog
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +410
    I am staff, and it has happened to me so it is not a staff rank problem. It just needs to be videod/documented. I’ll try to replicate and post video if I can!

9. SirSpuzzy

SirSpuzzy Wandering Shulker Salesman
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +242
    I have found if i leave an alt at the spawner when i go to sell i have no issues with my spawner when j go to sell. If i dont have had it do this 4 or 5 times during a day

10. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,684
    I have found this too. It is the action of leaving the spawner and returning to load the chunks that causes this bug.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,684

server: mainnorth
    /home spawner

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. HypeDav

HypeDav Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +56
    The video above is also happening to me on my setup on main east at /home spawner.

13. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    RIP I was just about to investigate this but we reset MainNorth.
    If you get another spawner setup, don't worry about the video, just let us know the location and I'll go see if I can reproduce using your steps.
    I'm pretty positive though that polar bear is now stacking properly but glitched god knows where. Perhaps in a wall above somewhere, etc. Have you tried looking around?

As well after a fresh butcher does the bug fix itself for you, or does your spawner setup end up dead forever?

14. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,684
    I'll make a new setup probably on Tuesday on MainEast. Will let you know if the bug continues there.

I have not checked that, tbh. That setup was underground, but idk if there were caves around.

It takes about 2-3 butchers for the bug to resolve. If you chill at the spawner, eventually the polar bears stack as normal again.

#34 oxwood2, Nov 29, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  15. Arhinman

Arhinman Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐

Ratings:
    +146
    Considering I was using the same setup I will give my point of view too.
    No polar bears around, I broke many blocks around to check, and used the sound : no polar bears. The weird thing about this is that disappeared polar bears will stack to the new ones once the bug is naturally fixed (as explained in a previous post in this thread)

I don't feel like a fresh butcher solves the situation. The bug is fixed randomly after some minutes (sometimes only 5 min or so, sometimes few hours)

16. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    Ok, thanks.
    Hm, interesting.

17. yandyyyy

yandyyyy Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +212
    can confirm all of this, the bug will last anywhere from like 2 minutes up to an hour+ and persists through butchers, ive found that a majority of the time it is the passive mobs that get bugged not hostiles

18. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    Once I get a new location from someone, I'll try to reproduce again.

19. NessXXIII

NessXXIII Pushing the Envelope
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +568

3297 66 1397 MN

At around 2:34 i state that there is one stack, but there was in fact two stacks already at that time.

The fact still stands that one stack that isn't seen was being killed while the other stack was growing.

This is not a duplication but literally two stacks in one.
    Whether there are two stacks at 150 each or one stack at 300 this does not change the amount a tool will kill at a time. Piercing 10 on an xbow will always kill the same number of mobs according to the health per mob, regardless of stacks it hits. This can be proven with two stacks of the mob being shot at the same time resulting in less kills per stack but the same sum total being killed.

For example, shoot one stack of passives and 10 passives die, shoot two stacks of passives and 5 from each stack will die.

I'm assuming this has to do with a limit that was placed on mob stacking when the sheep exploit was discovered and reported as these issues began immediately after that exploit was patched.

When a mob stacks over 500, this also breaks the stack. If you attack a stack of mobs over 500 they will simply disappear.

I also believe there is in some way a phantom stack that ends up being created when you leave the set up. So the mobs are technically stacking but only to a stack that cannot be seen or interacted with. (This is unsubstantiated)

Not sure how relevant but set up wouldn't break when i would use /back when unvanished and vanished, but did break when I used a warp while in vanish.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    #39 NessXXIII, Dec 5, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  20. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    This is in my todo list to properly investigate, however it will definitely take me some time to get done.
    Thanks for the continued information from everyone!