mcMMO - What do you like / dislike about it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by andrewkm, Dec 31, 2018.

1. nossr50

nossr50 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +27
    It wouldn't be too hard to do this if I added in a dedicated menu for players, which I'm now considering. It might not be a 2.1.0 feature, but at the latest 2.2.0

2. SynWannabe

SynWannabe Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +80
    I love mcmmo and have loved it since it was introduced to the server. I really enjoy the progession while doing mundane tasks (mining, farming, digging)

I dont really have any suggestions on how to make it better but I am excited to see what is to come from this <3

3. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    Is it possible to allow us to tree fell stripped wood as well?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I feel like the alchemy skill is extremely under appreciated. Now I apologize I do not have the greatest knowledge on this subject, but maybe find a better incentive to create potions maybe.

5. blgordon

blgordon ECC Benefactor
    ECC Benefactor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +181
    This plugin is perhaps one of my favorite ones.
    What I like about it:
    The wide variety of skills and things you can do to level them up. I don't think I would remove anything, (at least nothing I have been exposed to on ECC). I like that the mcmmo covers almost everything you do.

What I would like to see added to it:
    Perhaps a few more skill trees. Maybe one for butchering/cooking, you gain xp by killing edible animals. Could also give xp for cooking meat, wouldn't do wheat since that would be easily farmable. The perks for these could be as random as dropping 1 extra meat at level 1000.
    Could also do one for breeder, where you get xp by giving feed to animals then at level 1000 you have a chance to be able to breed without it using the feed.

6. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    Welcome back! Glad to see you are able to return.
    Thank you for thinking of us.

7. nossr50

nossr50 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +27
    Do you mean how Tree Feller used to not work on stripped wood? That should be fixed as of 2.0.0

I'm considering a new skill revolving around killing mobs, it would work a bit differently to other skills. At the time being I'm simply thinking of it as Hunting. New skills will be a whiles off as I plan to overhaul the existing skills first.

Are you saying Alchemy is too weak? Once again, this was one of few things added after I left the project 5 years ago, I basically designed everything in mcMMO aside from Salvage, Alchemy and Scavenging.

8. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    One more thing I noticed was some blocks aren’t affected by mcmmo skills and/or do their ability that should. For example, blue ice isn’t affected by xp or skill (and I think all of 1.13’s new blocks).

And iirc, prismarine items that spawn naturally give exp, but cannot initiate Super Breaker.

#28 Jdawger, Jan 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  9. AllThingsGo

AllThingsGo Chun-Li Moderator
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +703
    @Chundi_Jr

10. nossr50

nossr50 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +27
    Thanks for bringing my attention to this, I'll look at the new blocks before 2.1.0

11. Mochocrap

Mochocrap Lannister
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +778
    When using super breaker, if you run out of time mid way while breaking a block then the damage you cause is reset and you must try mining it again. This is the most apparent when breaking obsidian. Smoother transitions from super breaker to normal mining would be nice. I'm not sure if that's a configuration problem or a plugin problem. Ecc might but be doing that to prevent rubber banding to blocks you've previously broken with super breaker. Nowadays it isn't so bad, but in the past you would use super breaker and sprint through stone like butter, only to be rubber banded/stuck in a invisible block.

12. jmichael214

jmichael214 Back Again, Apparently
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,837
    There was a period during which I played on another (unnamed) server, where one did "jobs" to make money, and one of those jobs was "building." Which is my thing in this game. If you're considering adding at least one new skill, perhaps consider adding more than one? There are MCMMO skills for other types of crafting (alchemy), why not one for building, which one levels by placing blocks? As you leveled, perhaps the passive abilities would be faster demo while flying, or something along those lines. The active time-limited skill could be the ability to insta-break glass, which is the impossible dream of every major builder on this server.

Maybe not a workable idea, but while the books are open, so to speak, I would love a thing like that. Such a great plugin in every way, so nice to see you working on it.

@Nicit6 @ClarinetPhoenix @Jackson_G14 @Mendiboi @Jffsprs @BuildsByGideon

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  13. Thederpymaster

Thederpymaster Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    Its a nice idea of the mcmmo other skyblock do it too its not as easy which it seems .(I think you guys made it harder) Which is good since I was told its somewhat hardcore as some people mentioned.

14. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I mentioned earlier that some blocks for excavation and mining were not fully associated with mcmmo xp, skills, or abilities (and then mentioned that these were 1.13 blocks and prismarine). I actually found some older blocks that are not associated with the passive ability of treasure finder under excavation: Podzol, Coarse dirt (both confirmed does not drop treasure but is still affected by giga drill and I believe it does give xp); grass path and mycelium (I believe these didn’t drop treasure in the past, but I haven’t had to opportunity to test it since natural generation of these are extremely rare). It would be awesome if they have the same treasure drops as dirt or even grass :)

Edit: this was ECC side

#34 Jdawger, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  15. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    This would be a change made to ECC's specific setup, not mcmmo as a whole. I would make a suggestion for any changes to treasures.

16. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Whoops. My bad

17. nossr50

nossr50 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +27
    I'm not sure, I might be able to do something about that transition. I'll look into it. As for the rubber banding, that usually happens when there is a discrepancy between the server and client, this can be caused for all sorts of reasons, the most likely cause if server lag.

I'm actually considering adding around 4 skills right now, you can come to the official mcMMO discord if you want to ask me about anything in particular. As for a building skill which you level by placing blocks, it'd be hard to build a skill around that activity since it's so binary, but if you have ideas feel free to let me know. If glass breaking is something you can't do quickly in Minecraft I could consider adding it to another existing skill.

mcMMO is missing some blocks and they will be added, I will point out server admins completely dictate which blocks mcMMO interacts with so I'd contact the people in charge to get that sorted.

18. FFA_Jdub

FFA_Jdub Reformed Troll
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +894
    I wish super breaker and tree feller have like a 3 or 5 second countdown till it ended so you can know how much time you have left on it.

19. Zylo31

Zylo31 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +14
    I actually like the tree fell ability but it would make it alot easier to remove homes and such if the tree fell ability removed all wood blocks that were attached, kind of like it removes all of the tree.

20. nossr50

nossr50 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +27
    Hmm, some kind of alert to let you know something is about to end might be nice