Denied Make Shouts Network-Wide

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by zevzero, Oct 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zevzero

zevzero Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,847
    I think /shout should be displayed network-wide instead of only on the main server.

Why?

Because right now global chat is network-wide and shout isn't. That defeats the purpose of using /shout, since half the server won't hear you. The point of shouting is to be heard by the entire server. No one wants to spend $1,000 and only be speaking to half the server. It doesn't make sense.

To be honest, I think it's kind of silly when people are saying "No." to this, because it's listed in the wiki as being server-wide. That's because we were only one server back then! Of course it's listed as server-wide. This should be changed now that we have 2 servers.

The real purpose of /shout is to broadcast a message to everyone, not half the server.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. 314

314 Irrational Moderator, former ServerAdmin
    Moderator EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,909
    Question: Why should /shout affect servers on which you can't even access /shout?

In my opinion /shout is a feature of the economy server because you need ECD to use it, therefore it should be limited to the server it's meant for.
    Actually, one of the main factors of using shout is/was probably the ability to use color codes before the Patron rank was introduced. Global chat won't reach everyone (due to /leave g), but neither will shouts (*Cough* Shoutignore macros *Cough*).

3. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,102
    Shout is a Main server feature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.