Accepted Make Grief Reports a form to fill out

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by a_man21, May 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a_man21

a_man21 a_manda
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,311
    Minecraft Name:
    a_man21

Suggestion:
    Instead of giving players a "blank canvas" where they need to copy and paste the proper syntax for the grief report into a new post, either make it similar to filing a user complaint, where several questions are answered then the post is created, or loosen the requirements for what information needs to go into the grief report.

Reason:
    This grief report and this one are perfect examples. Those reports, and many that I saw from my time on staff as a SuperMod, people don't always understand what they need to post in a grief report. Whenever the proper syntax isn't followed, a SuperMod has to take time to contact the mayor of the town (or whoever filed the report), tell them what needs to be changed and why, and have them fix their report or file a new one, which allows more time for the griefer to keep going and causing more damage to the town, or for a week or so to pass and to have the block logs wipe. Yes, many people's questions are answered in the grief report instructions post, but it would still be easier if there was a button that said "click here to file a grief report" along with a couple questions that would be simple to answer. For the two reports that were mentioned above, I'm not sure that the edits that were requested are really necessary. Yes, the player never used the proper format, but I was still able to visit the town that had been griefed and it was fairly obvious what block edits were considered grief and what wasn't. If a form were to be filled out to file a grief report, those edits probably wouldn't even be necessary in the first place because it would be much more simple to file the grief report.

That brings me to the second part of the suggestion, if, from the information provided in the incomplete report, you are able to tell what is grief and what isn't, why ask the town mayor to edit the report? If there is vital information required then that is one thing, but in Tacocity's grief, blocks were placed and destroyed all over the town, so why is it necessary in a situation like this to nitpick and ask for details that frankly aren't even going to make much of a difference?

I guess the point I am trying to make is that grief reports without the proper format should be handled on a case to case basis, if a staff member is able to tell without any trouble what is considered grief, then why request more information? I understand if necessary information is missing, but in many cases not all the information in the proper format is really required for it to be possible to process the report, so why ask for information that you don't need?

Other Information
    :
    None
    Link to this plugin/Is this a custom addition?:
    N/A

2. oootopia

oootopia Utopian
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,954
    +1 would help some users out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,132
    I'm lazy. Of course +1!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. CatLLC

CatLLC Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +88
    good idea! +1

5. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Suggestion Accepted!

All grief reports must now be submitted through our grief report form.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.