Denied [MainWest Server Suggestion] Featureless West (Hardcore Eco Server)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NessXXIII, Sep 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Except we know that cosmetics don't sell. Many of us were around during our attempt at EULA-compliance. We know that people didn't actually buy cosmetics.

More to the point... I'm not sure why players would be interested in moving to main after playing on this featureless server? Your best reasoning there is "maybe they will want to fly"?

2. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Another thought: this is looking an awful lot like VMR. It would be confusing for new players to see two largely similar vanilla-esque servers, so perhaps we aim to merge the two together by adding some features of both. Just food for thought.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Yeah 3,4 years ago? Times do change you know. You can try more than once you know.

I mean, some people like to build big things, pretty hard to do without fly, other things like bridges and gates are nice feats to have when.
    Perfect place to do such things would be the current servers.
    But the new server would have builds more built towards survival, which some people do actually like to play.

#23 Mission001, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  4. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    These servers are still completely distinguishable, this shouldn't really be considered until after a possible launch, as its straying from a concrete idea into complete speculation. Still good food for thought.

5. Videowiz92

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Benefactor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,183
    If this launches, it can’t be called MainWest as that wouldn’t make it distinguishable between the other main servers that would have the paid features, maybe something like VanillaEco or HardcoreEco.

Or perhaps similar to archive’s rising/legacy worlds we could make the current 3 mains LegacyMain, LegacyMainNorth, and LegacyMainEast and the new RisingMain would be the cosmetic only server.

#25 Videowiz92, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  6. OConner1279

OConner1279 President

Ratings:
    +624
    That’s probably true, VanillaEco would be a better name for the server while still allowing the other main servers to be considered the “main” focus of ECC.

7. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    i just skimmed over this, but i got a feel like vmr...but in seasons instead of weeks.
    also server hardcoreeco or /hce

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #27 FuriuosGeorge, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  8. Zedoker

Zedoker ~|Huggable Ex-GameAdmin & Ex-Tomkfc Lover|~
    ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,312
    The one thing i feel with this is the seperate ranking system, its going to get confusing (especially on the forums). More ranks can lead to more confusion and kinda pointless.
    It could like [HCBuilder] or [HCPresident] but i feel like that would be confusing for newer players.
    An alternate solution would be to just have 1 rank on a new server, but I feel like that defeats the purpose :/
    Overall im not against the idea, i just dont want it to be hella confusing with the ranking system.

#28 Zedoker, Sep 9, 2020
  9. OConner1279

OConner1279 President

Ratings:
    +624
    I don’t think adding the rank to a person’s forum profile is necessary, particularly because we would probably have a lot of people with “HCbuilder” Because they simply have not played on the proposed server.
    As for the new player problem, I again believe that speculating on the difficulty of explaining the existence of multiple game modes isn’t very helpful, but you obviously have more experience then me on this subject. Are there any solutions that you could think of to help reduce possible confusion?
    The proposal has towns, applications, chestshops, and no resets. I don’t see how people are going from no feats and star tools to a weekly resetting world where hacks are allowed. :/

10. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    This is actually a nice idea.
    I'm marking it denied as it won't immediately happen, but it's definitely given me some things to think about. Thanks for the thread! :) We may see something big by the end of the year / beginning of 2021! :D

• Like x 8
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • List
    #30 andrewkm, Sep 9, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.