Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Benefactor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,198
    In Game Name:
    Videowiz92
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Spectator Mode for Investigator+
    What are you suggesting:
    Add Spectator Mode to the InvestigatorPlus feature that allows users to go into Spectator mode with a command, and upon exiting Spectator Mode, will put them back to the same location where they initiated the command.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    With InvestigatorPlus adding things like checking other player's balances and inventories, why not allow users to spectate them as well as checking their inventory with a "fake" inventory while they spectate them.
    Other information:
    I would personally like this addition as well as a means of finding caves in my town to fill any empty spaces underground. This wouldn't be abused like xray since only exposed ores would be shown and you would still have to dig your way into the cave to get to it.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. Loowaa ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +91
    Just make sure it doesnt show "f3" info if this happens, or it will ruin for everyone farming spawners by letting people know their locations

3. Mika8117 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +10
    -1 Don't really think this would add anything other than just stalking and messing with people.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • List
  4. LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    Would be extreeeeeeeemly useful when building... doubt its gonna get added though.

5. PyroTechnix_ Professional Coffee Drinker
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +310
    Pretty sure with the vanilla spectator mode your are able to see a sort of 'Xray' vision when using it inside of blocks. Not too sure if you can modify it so you can't go through blocks etc. If possible then +1, otherwise -1

6. LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    Hmmm, i used spectator before, you arent able to see ores or anything unless they are exposed like in a big ol cave.
    But yeah thats the only real concern.

7. Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Benefactor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,198
    Totally understandable, given the permissions you can block teleporting to other players, which would bring my other option for the plugin for just finding caves/holes which would be no different than finding the player in the case of spawners.

Chunk loading could also possibly be disabled for players in spectator mode so it could be purposeful only to the immediate area.

8. Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,356
    As someone who constantly builds in this server (including many underground rooms in Cydonia), this would be great...

...however, the realist in me says otherwise.

My suggestion for this to be good:
    - Disable /whereami when in spectator mode (doubt f3 can be disabled)
    - ONLY have it be exclusive to rising (and any other future worlds you can place towns in). Mining world would be too OP, especially when you can find spawners, caves, and any underground structure with it. Yes, you can theoretically do this in rising, but spawners/exp are disabled in rising, and a some of the land has been either claimed or mined out in the past year, so it’s almost not worth it anyway.

9. LameMan The Lamest
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +295
    This would be used in mining to find stuff such as mineshafts, strongholds, diamonds in caves, etc etc. -1 on my end.

EDIT: Actually, if F3 could be disabled, this would be a great idea, +1 if so.

#9 LameMan, Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  10. Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,114
    This will never happen for undisclosed reasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.