Denied [Main Server Suggestion] Shorten time needed to claim a town

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ishanv, Mar 21, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ishanv

Ishanv King of Trivia
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +176
    In Game Name:
    IshanDJB
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Shorten time needed to claim a town
    What are you suggesting:
    What I am proposing is to shorten the amount of inactivity time needed for a player to claim a town. Right now, it is 6 months of inactivity in game, but rarely any players are actually inactive this long as all it takes is just logging in one time every 6 months to preserve your town and items. This causes players to eventually leave the server, thinking that all their stuff will be preserved if they take a very long hiatus. What I am suggesting is to shorten this to 2 to 4 months, as it incentivizes players to keep playing rather than logging in once every 6 months.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    This will also give more value to ranks such as tycoon, ecoleader, ecomaster, and ecolegend, because as of right now they are pretty much useless because there are not really any towns to claim. I believe this implementation will help bring more players back to ecc and help take money out of the eco at the same time as more players will be ranking up to be able to claim towns from inactive players.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Potato Potato x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    -1, I propose making it where ingame activity is all that matters. Why should visiting the forums keep your ingame towns from being claimed due to inactivity? This would make "unclaimable towns" more of a requirement aswell.

3. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    This won't do anything to increase activity tbh.
    If people are gonna be inactive they're gonna be inactive. This system has worked well enough for the past 9-10 years Town Claims have been a thing - I don't intend on changing the inactivity requirements and pulling the rug out from under anyone who is currently inactive.

Also the only reason town claims have gotten a bit of the short stick is due to the map migration - I'm not allowing claims to be used on Archive, so realistically towns that were transferred to the current map required the owners to be active to apply for the transfer. This will slowly resolve itself over time. It began to resolve itself since we hit 6 months post-migration in November of last year.
    If you are finding a lack of towns to claim this means that the majority of town owners remain active enough to prevent claims and that is a good thing.

Since it is not a for sure thing that it takes six months for a /seen to be missing and we cannot assume a player's activity with a missing /seen.
    In any case the forum activity only takes precedence when a /seen cannot be found.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.