Denied [Main Server Suggestion] Restrict Magic Shovel

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by OConner1279, Jul 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    In Game Name:
    Oconner1279
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Restrict Magic Shovel
    What are you suggesting:
    Restrict Magic Shovel use to magicdays
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Magic Shovel is currently extremely strong because it has no time opportunity cost for use outside of magicdays. That means that it creates a massive advantage for players who brought it over, and basically are required for all clearing projects.
    The magic shovel was already a strong tool prior to reset, I don’t see why it should now have a special status when it can and is being used to make money outside of magicday.
    Also, this kills the cost to large scale clearing projects which usued to require lots of hiring and wage payments that allowed newer players a way to make money different from whatever the current grinding meta happens to be.
    An alternative suggestion would be to restrict magic shovel mode swapping to it’s /owner outside of magicday, but since that might require most custom work a blanket restriction is my primary suggestion.
    Other information:
    Flehx? More like Flex
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Magic
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Thonk Thonk x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #1 OConner1279, Jul 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    The Eff 5 pickaxe also makes money outside of magic day. We should restrict that too. In fact, every tool makes money, so let's restrict everything!

Seriously though, huge -1. The magic shovel is a tool that is used to build. I tested my L3 shovel with mining against standard efficient methods of mining (strip in ocean biomes as well as others) and the magic shovel barely made more per hour to warrant a change. Even at L3 power, you need to go even slower to not destroy any ores

#2 Jdawger, Jul 10, 2021
  3. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    This makes 0 sense. We already restrict every other magic tool, “because it makes money”, the point isn’t that ECD is being made, the point is that the tool is extremely, extremely powerful compared to other tools, like eff5 pickaxes or even star tools.
    I agree that absent (ab)use of town flags, the magic shovel makes only a modest amount of ECD, but the speed at which is clears land for “building” should realistically be viewed as it making you money through either saved time or labor costs that you would normally incur by clearing towns. I don’t see why a tool that is just as good, if not better, then any other magic tool should be unrestricted because it provides it’s benefits in a somewhat different manner.

4. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    That was sarcasm FYI.

The point of the sarcasm is that just because something makes money doesn’t mean it needs to be pruned. The reason magic tools were restricted to one day every X days is because they make literally absurd amounts of money. The shovel, while it does make money, makes money that is closer to star tool level.

Hell, the star hoe makes more money than the magic shovel. To use my same sarcastic comment, the star hoe makes great money. We should restrict that.

My point is, yes the magic shovel makes money (every tool that exists from the wooden hoe to the mythic sword makes money), but it doesn’t make enough money to limit it to magic day. If it made actual absurd amounts of money (Like 50k/hr) similar to other magic tools, then I would agree to restrict it, but it doesn’t. Literally two (arguably three) star tools at least and even the Eff 5 pickaxe with certain features makes more money than magic shovel methods. The benefits for land clearing outweighs the money making.

Trust me, I tested these things because I thought it could make some great money, but it didn’t compared to other methods at my disposal.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #4 Jdawger, Jul 10, 2021
  5. Xdutchless

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +96
    I believe the magic shovel shouldn’t be bound to a magic day. For the reasons jdawger mentioned.

Besides that I think it he magic shovel is not gonna be used then, because it will be better to farm for money and let other people clear land.

The magic tool doesn’t generate money on itself. It still has it’s disadvantages because all items are lost.

I understand it is a powerful clearing tool, but everyone can use it on non magic days.
    of course the people that own one have a advantage but there is no difference there with other magic tools.
    And like all other magic tools you can rent a magic shovel from others.

And yes I do own one myself.

6. Pixel75

Pixel75 Lucky EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +435
    -1 I need to clear!

7. Flehx

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +59
    -1 The sole reason for the Level III Magic Shovel was for land clearing. You cannot make money off this tool literally. The only way would be through rentals but even that is not enough.

8. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    This

9. kenny0011

kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816

Builders already have a bad enougth time, having to spend considerable money to gather materials for large projects, as well as time planning and actually building stuff. Despite being a "hardcore economy" server, im all for reducing the amount of grind for the sake of grind.

And anyway, things change and people adapt. People are still going to want land cleared. It's just now the tools used are better. People who land clear are now able to just rent out their magic spade, or even be paid to do it then selves in less time, allowing them to take on more clearing projects.

10. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    -1 Only real way to make money with the magic shovel is the whole town flag excavation method (which you would either need to get more towns or move your town which cost ECD whenever you run out of an area to dig) or renting your shovel.

Leave the magic shovel alone for those that need to clear for builds.

11. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    Based on pretty much everyone's opinion above, no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.