Denied [Main Server Suggestion] Prestige Sell Limits

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nicit6, Dec 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    In Game Name:
    Nicit6
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Prestige Sell Limits
    What are you suggesting:
    An hourly* limit** to the /sell bonus from prestige. Limit should be high enough that average play is not impeded but larger volume (prestige shops) isn't feasible.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    There are three main benefits to this:
    1) Limit Inflation
    Without profit shops, it goes without saying that most players will be forced to sell using their own native sell prices instead of those with the highest prestige. These prices are lower.

2) Encourage further prestige
    Right now the "market" rate on profit shops is 30%, equivalent to a MASSIVE 6 Prestige (only 3 users have at least 6 prestige, currently). Players wishing to earn more will now have to actually go earn prestige themselves. The process is also more rewarding for those who do, since they see an actual 5% jump in earnings (what's the difference between 10% and 15% /sell when you can sell for 30% either way?)

3) Helps builders!
    With less money being earned overall, we can potentially undo some nerfs to builder/new player favorites for earnings. These players often don't know about profit shops, favoring regular /sell. This means they'll be both unaffected by this change, and will see more money overall.
    Other information:
    *I'm suggesting hourly as it is the hardest to game. Daily limits could hurt those who play normally for many hours and allow too much leeway to those who don't.

**The baseline rate I'd set would be 10% above the anticipated hourly earnings from melon farming. This is trivial, though, as long as it doesn't greatly exceed the most efficient means of earning.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    custom
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Potato Potato x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. LameMan

LameMan The Lamest
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +295
    -1 Prestiges are difficult enough to get and implementing a system like this would mean no point in grinding towards prestiges as most would want to set-up a prestige shop.

3. JTx1085

JTx1085 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +35
    Can't figure out why quote isn't working on my phone but as you can see here, andrew isnt accepting economy suggestions; he's quite happy with where we are at the moment.

(-1)

#3 JTx1085, Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  4. WeirdBuilder

WeirdBuilder Former StrangeAdmin
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,055
    This suggestion is more related to the effects of prestige as opposed to the economy overall.

As for my take on the suggestion, I agree with the concept up to a point.

Point 1:
    Although I do agree that the inflation effect on the economy isn't necessarily healthy long-term, I don't think that such a strict limit should be set. Maybe more like a 50-100% cap to profits above the estimated hourly rates, as opposed to the proposed 10%, would be appropriate. If players discover uniquely efficient methods and techniques that outpace the "Expected" hourly generation, they'll just get slapped in the face with a hard limit. Furthermore, most prestige shop owners do their sales en masse currently, though they could theoretically get around this hard limit by spreading their stock sales across multiple hours anyhow. I recognize that this is significantly more effort on the shop owner's part and unlikely, but people are going to try to game the system regardless.

Point 2:
    I definitely would like to see more interest overall in prestige, as many players currently disregard the state of their own prestige, instead opting to use another's. Most chose to ignore it entirely, given that they can walk down to the prestige shop of their choice for maximum profit with minimum effort.

Point 3:
    I definitely agree with this take, but I personally believe that there needs to be significantly more earlygame options for making money. I don't necessarily think that preventing prestige shops is the answer, but I do agree in concept.

#4 WeirdBuilder, Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  5. SUBYT

SUBYT Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +298
  6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,113
    No.