Denied [Main Server Suggestion] Economic Diversity

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Fattydwarf, Oct 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fattydwarf

Fattydwarf Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +18
    In Game Name:
    Fattydwarf
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Economic Diversity
    What are you suggesting:
    I am suggesting that staff do a rebalancing of the economy because currently, the only two viable options of moneymaking only scale into the late game with donation features. The ECD/Hour of anything but mining and melon farming is trash. Take some time to make other moneymakers balanced and viable. Cutting trees, making cookies, shearing sheep, slaughtering pigs, baking cakes, etc. Building a method of creating mass amounts of cakes, for example, is challenging and requires a lot of infrastructure so you should make more ECD/Hour than something simple like just planting wheat. Not only does it require more resources to set up, but it also takes time to move all the materials to an area where u can make the cakes, it isn't stackable. so u cant instantly make 64 cakes with the click of a button.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    This is a good addition for ecocitycraft because it will make it fun for players to play on eco and stay on eco. Currently, the path of ecocitycraft is log in, sit at level 14 until u can afford a pickaxe, stay at level 14 some more until u can afford to rent a better pick/msword. Beg for erep's the whole way or donate. Finally, after spending years in a hole or farm u can finally afford to get resident. Then the grind to mayor starts. You finally get mayor and are excited to have a town with a bunch of players and build a community, but you are disappointed because all the players are in a hole at level 14. ur town is empty and you quit Ecocitycraft.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  2. welikeike22

welikeike22 Dean Martin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +987
    +1

Diversification is incredibly important, and at present time, the grind at early game is extremely hard for people to get used to. I have had several friends who I've invited here in the last few weeks show interest in staying, but the grind is so overwhelming for most that they have all choosen to leave. This, combined with our enchanting system (which, tbh, I believe should be reverted to the standard enchanting system and remove the extraordinary expensive enchanting signs at spawn) makes it hard for the average MC user to join and get accustomed to the way we do things compared to almost every other MC server.

My question, though, would be what new sources should we allow people to make money from? Should we increase the sell price of things like uncooked and cooked meat? What other money-making methods can we introduce that aren't already covered by the "big tent" of farming pumpkins, melons, or mining? (Remembering, ofc, that cocoabeans lag the server just as much as kelp at times).

(If we increase the price of cakes, we'll need to remove them from the MCMMO drop table.)

#2 welikeike22, Oct 16, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  3. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    There are a ton of ways to make money other than just mining or melon farming <- this is how the server generates money for players, but its much faster to earn money by user interaction.

Starting a business is probably the number one way to get a lot of money. It also encourages a lot of user interaction. If the staff do re-balance the economy, why should they focus towards a way which encourages solo playing (which isn't what an economy server is about), as you said- making cakes etc.

I think the server is at a pretty good point as it is rn! Of course not everyone agrees but what can you do other than minor tweeks.

Btw, what I mean by user interaction is the buying or selling of services/goods to other players.

Hopefully I've presented my thoughts and concerns in a clear way!

#3 LaggyTryHard, Oct 16, 2019
  4. welikeike22

welikeike22 Dean Martin

Ratings:
    +987
    Yet nobody buys melons, pumpkins, etc; but they all have an astronomical server price because we recognize that there has to be a way to "generate" money before its transferred between people. I may be wrong, but I believe his suggestion centers around the concept of diversifying how new (and old) users can make money in general.

#4 welikeike22, Oct 16, 2019
  5. Chundi_Jr

Chundi_Jr Ex-Rebecca
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,994
    +1 mindlessly melon farming gets old really fast. Even for an experienced player, it would be nice to have some diversity in how we are able to generate money. Also, making it easier to generate money right off the batt would encourage more builders to stay on our server. I think this would take a lot of time to incorporate and decisions would have to be made on the price changes by the SA's, but I think it would be great for our server and the economy. Great suggestion!

6. Zedoker

Zedoker ~|Huggable Ex-GameAdmin & Ex-Tomkfc Lover|~
    ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,303
    While i do agree with buffing some items, we are a hardcore economy server: its supposed to be hard and achieving things like towns and star tools is a grind, its how its been for years

7. welikeike22

welikeike22 Dean Martin

Ratings:
    +987
    Yes, nobody is asking to make it easier to make money; they're asking for more WAYS to make money, like mobfarming cows or making cakes, etc.

8. Fattydwarf

Fattydwarf Resident

Ratings:
    +18
    I'm not saying you should make other shit OP. Obviously donation's should be the most OP. Im just saying that staff should take time to try other methods and make them balanced so they can be utilized by players. It's not that hard to try tree farming and realize u make fuckall. its not hard to say well i cut 23873 logs in an hour so if i make logs worth .5 each thats like 15k an hour. its pretty easy to rebalance the economy. All u guys need to do is figure out how much of X item a player can get in an hour and set the price to reflect what the ECD/Hour should be. Anyway, its not about making melon farming or mining obsolete. Its about giving more options to the player to earn money. Other shit should be viable. it doesn't scale into hundreds of thousands of ECD per hour like donation options combined with MCMMO and that fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  9. Pixel75

Pixel75 Lucky EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +435

#9 Pixel75, Oct 16, 2019
  10. NinjarakuPwnz

Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +78
    Essentially it breaks down to the fact that per hour, even with a large setup, wheat, carrots, potatoes, ect. have a base value, and that i understand because with a decent setup it can still barely put a dent in what solo farming does, but EcoCityCraft itself currently has the end game of solo-play, mindlessly chasing rows of melons instead of doing something that's lucrative only when you have a group to help you, Hired Players. at the rate of where farming is, even selling to players with prestige is the lowest it has Ever been, where people who build farms to harness the actual potential of something, it's profit margins are tossed in the garbage as a thank you. derp mode for profit if you will.

and the profits considered were taken into account at max potential, Not at what a new player to the server is looking for, the Economy needs to be Diverse for All types of ways to make money farming, with of course more lead-way given to melons because of the melon sword existing, but other crops shouldn't be nearly 10's of thousands less per hour, "that's purely senseless to me, to the core." @xpurexcorex xD

it's really closed minded knowing this is an economy server played throughout the globe, and we don't promote multiple ways to make money be crafting items, it creates a chain of market demand, yet act as if a few cents for crafting an item that took longer to obtain because you had to use MULTIPLE resource types is going to create an eternal rift in the hamster on the wheel's being. flat out ridiculous and again creates a redundancy in your paid feature that condenses/crafts the items so it's also a downside for your donor perk. But what do i know? =D

flat out, at the rate plant able crops are worth and pointlessly crafted items with zero additional value for what they took to make. you can't afford to hire some one to plant the size farm you can afford to pay them with. bottle-necking the economy for things that promote community

And in addition, players taking over towns and paying for the player's rank,
    #1 there are huge towns claiming land that isn't being used for months, if even ever used. becoming a land grab and making normal expansion, as a normal expanding economy would.
    #2 Some do just want the rank, but again, this defeats the normal ranking system of the server, the player if anything, should only be allowed to connect their towns, obtained through the normal ranking system. to promote players to be in the community, if they're going to take the rest of the community space. towns are at the point where plots are free, defeating the purpose of selling plots which Used to be a major goal of owning a town.i think players should have to own their towns for at-least 3 months before actual transfer is allowed.

the economy is just to be honest, really narrow minded. there are players willing to put in the effort to make profitable farms but there just isn't barely profit to be found, we're only asking for a 5-10 cent raise and crafted items be even a cent or two worth more than their materials used. 10 cents for a log? what builder is going to get resident off logs? and this is just considering players who can only play 3-5 hours a day, but even players that put in much more than than a day, can see the fact it's insanely below what's worth doing, and forcing players to not have it as an option if they broke some ones msword, or if they're saying for their next town or rank up.
    it literally kills the options of what you're able to do to make money by expanding an enterprise, to the point where it's pointless.

11. Libbyyjo

Libbyyjo Mother of Cats
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +213
    +1
    I do think more diversity is needed, but more like the cake or cookies, not necessarily something as easy as shearing sheep, I think we need something that's not as mindless and doesn't require startools

12. Fattydwarf

Fattydwarf Resident

Ratings:
    +18
    Anyway, creating new jobs requires some staff testing and staff to agree on what is fair ecd per hour at different points in the game. Currently, Mining earns new players around 10k per hour with an Effi V pickaxe. Coolman makes about 24k an hour with a Msword farming melons and not chatting. At that rate it would take Coolman 387 hours of efficient melon to make it to ecolegend (9.28m ECD). If you treated Ecocitycraft like a full-time job it would take him about 10 weeks of running in a line hitting melons. Given that ECD/Dollar rates are at 7500 per dollar from players and peak at 6000/$1 from the shop, that means the MSword is worth $240. $240 just to earn 24k an hour... Now consider that for a new player to even get a melon sword they would need to mine for 180 efficient hours. Doing everything as efficient as possible that means a new player needs to play as a builder for 180 hours to get a msword and unlock what theoretically should be the best money maker in the game. Once they finally finish building their melon farm they would need to play another 387 hours just to get ecolegend and "win".

Making the economy fun to play is simple. I could do it in a week with only an excel and minecraft open. I could create a diverse economy with various occupation trees for players to follow so that they could achieve EcoLegend. If I can do all that staff can too!! :D

#12 Fattydwarf, Oct 16, 2019
  13. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    We don’t take suggestions related to our Economy. I am quite happy as to where we are after 10 years.

We are sorry if our economy and setup does not satisfy certain users. We wish those users the best in their future gaming endeavours. :)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #13 andrewkm, Oct 16, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.