+161
    In Game Name:
    oPriam
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    ALL main servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Making Tier 1 features more available
    What are you suggesting:
    this is a bit of a wild one, but I am suggesting that tier 1 features become available to buy with ECD / Nstars in game. The current tier1 features include:

Back
    ExtCommands
    ExtCreations
    Feed
    Flying
    HeadMaster
    Investigator
    McMMOBonusPlus
    McMMOPlus
    MultiHome
    Nickname
    PlayerVaults
    Pyro
    SmithMaster
    Stealth
    Teleport
    Tombstone
    TownControl
    TownPolice
    TravelBag
    UnlimitedLWC
    Water

NOT SUGGESTING ALL OF THESE. JUST COPIED ALL TIER 1 FEATURES. ID SUGGEST JUST ADDING A FEW

EDIT:
    I would suggest giving players the option of having 3-5 of the following:

Water
    Pyro
    Fly
    Tombstone
    Town Control
    travel bag
    back
    multi home

maybe:
    extcomands
    extcreations

not all of them have to be added, however I think this could create a new reason for new users to play. when I first started I had the basic features (water, pyro, fly, tombstone) pretty early as features were cheap to buy. this definitely made my ecc experience much better and kind of gave me a reason to grind.
    however now with features being 50k/1USD no new players are able to purchase any features, meaning they have a huge disadvantage. this probably ends up with a majority of them leaving.

making features available to buy with ecd or stars to the server would allow new players to have an incentive to heavily grind. I would suggest these features could be bought at 10-20k/USD depending on the feature. this would save new players ALOT of money, and once they have the tier 1 versions they will keep wanting more. this would result in them purchasing tier2+ features using gcs from other players or directly from the store.

this also generates a sink for some ecd/stars to be removed from the server. instead of millions just being stored in players balances, money would be able to be spent and removed from the economy.

I would suggest that, like ranks, players would apply on the forums for their features or there could be a new option to buy tier1 features in /buy.

I know this would mean, initially, less USD is being spent by new players... however once players have had a taste of features, they will want to keep buying more and this would result in them purchasing more features than they would have prior to this addition. 1 step back 2 steps forward is still 1 step forward.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    in my opinion this would really improve the experience for new players, and create a better experience for them, which would further generate a connection to ecc, resulting in them becoming a long term player.
    I already stated why I think it would be a good addition above so I don't want to waste your time by repeating myself :D
    Other information:
    n/a
    Plugin or custom addition:
    n/a
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • List
    #1 Nstars, Dec 17, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  2. kkha Norwegian Country Man
    ECC Benefactor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +150
    So, what will happend with all those hundreds of USD's people spent on those tier1 features? This is a no-go for me, as there's people who buys features to others for ECD.

• Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Nstars Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +161
    t
    times change. we need to adapt with new times. if the ecd/usd rate was not 50k/per then I wouldn't be suggesting. but at the moment there is no way for new players to get features

4. OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +626
    +1 The suggestion is absolutely necessary. Newer players are completely unable to afford previously available feats that are now vital to moneymaking. At the same time a lack of money sinks means that inflation is rising, and while some players may contend that a degree , even a high degree, of inflation is good for the playerbase, the current trends towards 600-700% inflation while even with the new soft cap on earnings the players in posession of ecc and magic tools are the only ones able to effectively match the preinflation 30k/hour rate of money generation. The end result is that new players struggle to gain the tools to be on equal footing qith players who had the simple lick of being earlier to find ECC.

Although the suggestion may not be perfect, the solution of creating an expensive, but still viable money sink for a limited number of core feats solves the problem of player participation in the server. Most importantly, it provides players woth the tools (fly and tombstone) they they need to start earning cash, while increasing their retention rate by making sure that they have goal to work for in their time on the server. This suggestion is also an effective way to counter the massive wealth disparity that exists on ecc without resorting to other extreme measures.

This criticism ignores the reality of the situation.
    1. Many of those first tier features were bought ecd to usd when rates were in fact around 8-12K/usd, meaning that the current suggestion, which sets a rate of 10-20k/usd would in fact still make it slightly more difficult for new players to get feats
    2. The current rate for ECD/USD created a huge barrier for entry for players. At current rates, it can take a player up to 100 straight hours of grinding just to pirchase ereps when the best of the best coupons are available. That is simply indefensible, particularity if one considers the (relative) ease of acquiring those same feats only a few months ago. If you are concerned about an abstract notion of “fairness” then it should look both ways.
    3. “Think of the older players” is not a defense of the status quo, and your comment says nothing about why it should be consodered a reason to deny the suggestion. Times have changed, so should the server.

I also want to stress several things, first and most importantly, the entire suggestion does not have to be accepted at once. For example, maybe rejecting the addition of unlimitedlwc, headmaster investigator, travelbag, stealth, smithmaster, nickname, mcmmoplus and bonus plus, and extcreations is all justified in the eyes of the administration.
    That still leaves numerous other features that can and should be made available for purchase, and is not a reason to deny the entire suggestion.

Other limiting principals could be used, perhaps players should be limited to a choice of three features total, forced to choose what they want the most. This isn’t obeying the letter of the suggestion, per se, but is still something that can and should be done as opposed to marking the suggestion as denied.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • List
    #4 OConner1279, Dec 17, 2020
  5. Nstars Resident

Ratings:
    +161
    those are just all the tier 1 features. was just listing them all.

I completely agree. 2-3 is enough to get started for a new player.

6. oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    I think a good start would be Fly, Pyro, Back, ExtraCommands, ExtraCreations, Water, and Teleport. Otherwise +1. Echoing OConnor's comments.

7. Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,354
    I will state right away Im indifferent about the idea +0

As someone who has most of these features (even buying some during the eula era for straight ECD) I would kind of agree with with some of them. The ones I defiantly don’t agree with are as follows:
    This is more of a luxury feature, so I disagree with the addition (plus, many people including myself give heads for free, so what’s the point of it tbh)

There is already a free /tpa, so I believe the unlimited should stay exclusively in buycraft.

Huge disagreement. There is a free travelbag already. Plus, many people just get the first tier since playervaults or cheats are cheaper. Also, many people who bought it before it was free with cool down weren’t too happy with that change, so this would piss them off more I think.

Saying no to this one just because it might make people not want to rank up (iirc, it’s cheap anyway).

All the other ones I’m pretty much indifferent about.

• Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Nstars Resident

Ratings:
    +161
    Just so everyone knows I wasn't suggesting all of the features I listed. I was just listing all current tier 1 features. in suggestion I said not all of them have to be added, just some :)

9. WallaceWest Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +144
    +1

It would benefit the economy greatly to have a direct gold sink.
    Andrew has spoken about his earnings from ECC being negligible so it would be nice to see Andrew make a tad less money in return for a stronger economy in game.

• Informative x 1
    • List
  10. yandyyyy Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +212
    Water
    Pyro
    Fly
    Tombstone

back
    multi home

+1 for making the above purchasable, wont happen tho lmao

11. Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    We won't be making this change.
    We have other plans that makes this suggestion unneeded.

• Optimistic x 6
    • Agree x 1
    • List
    #11 andrewkm, Dec 17, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.