Accepted [Main Server Suggestion] Lower Mythic Sword Price

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RealRichNixon, Jan 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matrix_rep

matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,451
    Yes. Keeping the price the same and not doing anything before it's too late would keep the cycle the same. By raising the price of the "END GAME ITEM" you are getting ahead of inflation.

2. skymaster200

skymaster200 ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ sad and dank ~Team Obey~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +495
    yeah he incentivized it by doubling all the magic hours bought

3. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Server Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Team

Ratings:
    +966
    By your own statement earlier, inflation and constantly increasing prices is part of the cycle. The status quo suits those who already have absolutely everything just fine, obviously.

Those of us who do not have 10 prestiges and haven't been consistently grinding for years, and who have never bought a single God drop to sell tolls upon tools for millions realize quite well that 30m was not "easy." Regardless, this argument is going nowhere.

4. twistedjonny

twistedjonny ECC Investor
    ECC Investor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +184
    I got what I got because I could literally "buy" it via real money. I gambled to get what I have. I've done that for the 8 or so years I've been on the server. That will always be a thing.

5. RealRichNixon

RealRichNixon Pres. Richard Nixon by day, GameAdmin by night.
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +395
    I think it's worth highlighting that before the most recent economy reset, we had the same economy for 8+ years, if I recall correctly. Careful, calculated decisions were made regarding the nether star market. Now, we have many more variables like magic tools, prestige, etc. and there is no balance. We've had this economy for a fraction of the time we had the previous one, yet this one took no time to dismantle. Sad!

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  6. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Building Fanatic
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,755
    This. +1 - It's ridiculous that this is constantly happening and then a reset is bought in under the guise of other reasons. The cycle is occurring again and its being allowed to happen, time after time.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #26 OlympiansAreGods, Jan 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  7. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    100% this. It’s no secret that magic tools were the main cause for an economy reset the last time. When the new economy came out this past summer, the way we had magic tools was pretty good all things considered (24hrs every 15 days). Purchasable magic hours I got used to (hated at first), but it seems this is abused now. Magic kits I still don’t agree with, but I digress.

The issue I see is the use of magic tools for good money. We should still allow magic tools, but we should limit them more and really not have purchasable ways to get more magic time, especially when those with a ton of irl money can use and abuse it (this kind of goes back to the root of the problem we had that resulted in an economy reset). Making things more expensive isn’t going to really help if it isn’t going to change those with a lot of money from purchasing them, it will bar those others from doing stuff.

30mil is a lot of money that a lot of players really cannot even achieve, even with magic hours. 60mil bars even more people and especially makes people not want to get the sword since all the tools that they want are significantly cheaper.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
    #27 Jdawger, Jan 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
  8. coow_coow

coow_coow Shiny Staff
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +568
    This

9. SirSpuzzy

SirSpuzzy Wandering Shulker Salesman
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +242
    +1 60m is rough
    As i doubt magic hours will be removed from the shop. Putting a cap on the total hours that can be purchased in a month maybe? To help limit damage in the future

10. xdogx

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +45
    +1, bring the price back down. I believe the issue is the Incentives to purchase magic hours, something that was already controversial. When the reset happened I remember there being an announcement about no longer having huge discounts codes. Now we have a 50% off discount code, a raffle at the end of the month to win a mythic sword for every $100 spent, and to top it off, a large amount of the magic hours Koko bought were during additional promotions to double the hours bought. Just let the economy live a natural life instead of occasionally injecting it with things that cause instability.

11. TheOxiCleanGuy

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15
    +1 As someone who has just gotten a mythic, I think a 100% price increase is a bit extreme. Honestly it comes off as punishing the server for one player's actions. It seems really unfair to those who were close to being able to buy a mythic to have a sudden and drastic change in price. At the very least, if the price must be increased, I believe a fair warning is in order. Give players who are close a good two weeks or so to finish the grind before the change takes place.

#31 TheOxiCleanGuy, Jan 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  12. AusRoona

AusRoona Tycoon
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +25
  13. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Response via Discord News. <3