Denied [Main Server Suggestion] Buyable town claims

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by strongpelt, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan Sponsor*~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,065
    In Game Name:
    Strongpelt
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Buyable town claims
    What are you suggesting:
    I'm suggesting to allow users to buy more town claims, kinda like how we can buy additional towns.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Because yeah we can always make unlimited towns however some of us would rather buy a town from a user and use a claim on it to secure it. After you reach ecolegend you are limited on your claims. Once you run out its tough luck. Yes you can buy claims from other people but those aren't really yours. You cant really apply for features I think when you use someone else's claim.

Also more money will be taken out of the economy :)
    Other information:
    n/a
    Plugin or custom addition:
    N/A
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Town transfers are for that, though

3. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan Sponsor*~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,065
    Oml I must be tired. I forgot town transfers were a thing

4. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,269
    The idea of buyable town claims is a +1 from the greedy EcoLeader who “claimed” a total of 6 towns

But from the realist EcoLeader, it wouldn’t seem 100% fair to those new Tycoons who cannot claim decent towns because EcoLegends claimed dozens of those towns. -1

So overall, +0

#4 Jdawger, Jul 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  5. communism1

communism1 Kingfish
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    +1 ^what jdawger said

6. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Town transfers exist for this

7. OniFox_

OniFox_ Long live Valaria
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +572
    Interesting concept I must say, i do agree that town transfer exists for this reason however, it would be interesting to be able to, for a USD price, purchase a town claim but idk if that's even viable or a point to it.

8. block_crusher

block_crusher Prestige 6, Ex-Ecolegend, $ EcoLeader $
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +979
    I want to claim a town I am the original owner of however I am not listed as one of the owners and the owner has been offline for over 12 months. I think this suggestion would be beneficial for situations such as this as a town transfer application would not apply. +1

9. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Depending on your circumstances you can probably just ask for the town back from the GA team. If it would otherwise be eligible for claim and you're already the original owner then I can't see why they wouldn't give it back.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. communism1

communism1 Kingfish

Ratings:
    +355
    I like this idea, because town transfers do not work when you want to purchase a town from an inactive user.

11. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,269
    To add on my last point, I am an EcoLeader, but I “claimed” a total of 5 towns so far. If you really want a town claim, find a Tycoon+ who doesn’t want their claim (there are many of them out there. I found three of them :p )

12. communism1

communism1 Kingfish

Ratings:
    +355
    Yeah. It's just kinda more irritating than just say paying 500k to buy a town claim.

13. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Limits the amount of claims people can do unless you are willing to be in a involved effort to actually interact with others who dont want theirs.
    And the reasons above as well about the whole point of town transfers.
    Its not that hard

Sure may be harder to find people willing to sell theirs atm, but if you are actually pro active in looking, it really isnt that hard.

14. communism1

communism1 Kingfish

Ratings:
    +355
    Honestly for me, the limited number of claims is kinda like if you could only have 1 town per rank, so you had to get other players to secure towns and use town transfers. Just seems kinda backwards how it is rn, IMO.

15. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Its keep the supply and demand at a stable level.
    You make town claims purchasable, you might as well get rid of EcoLeader, EcoMaster and EcoLegend cause thats all the extra things you get from the ranks.
    Id rather add some as incentives for those two/three ranks then get rid of them.

16. communism1

communism1 Kingfish

Ratings:
    +355
    Alternate thought (give me some opinions on it):

What if town claims were like this, instead of all ranks above and including tycoon getting 1 each, it went like tycoon (1claim, 1 total), ecoleader (2claim, 3 total), ecomaster (2claim, 5 total), ecolegend (2claim, 7 total) OR something like this? Just a thought. Would definitely give more incentive for higher ranks which are kinda expensive, lol.

@Mission001 , opinions?

17. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,058
    What if we only allow EcoLegends to buy them? That way you still have to buy the ranks before you can outright purchase them, just like you need to buy President before you can get additional towns.

Also though you can't say there's no point to EcoLegend after the addition of Prestige (but I digress)

18. communism1

communism1 Kingfish

Ratings:
    +355
    I'm probably just biased because I'm an ecoleader, but EcoLegend already has plenty of incentive, imo. What if anyone above tycoon, or ecoleader could purchase town claims? Currently these ranks don't really have much incentive, imo.

19. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,269
    @bobthegnome1

Let’s be honest here, since the addition of SB, ECD is not really an issue anymore and can get mass amounts of it fast. For example, 6 stacks of prismarine grants 15 levels, or 15k. Do that every hour in addition to some sort of main server grinding and that yields somewhere between 25-35k per hour. To level up from president to EcoLegend is 9 million total. With that method, and at least 5 hours of work a day, at 25k per hour, that’s about 72 days of work. (At 35k per hour and an increase of 8 hours online a day, it’s only a month).

TL;DR, increasing ranks has never been easier. I’m sure you can find a president that would be ok with getting their Tycoon rank paid for in exchange for their town claim (for the price of 500k, which was your suggested price) the only difference is someone ranks up from it.

20. communism1

communism1 Kingfish

Ratings:
    +355
    I've never played SB, so idk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.