Accepted [Main Server Suggestion] Auction Second Ring of City Spawntowns!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jmichael214, Oct 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmichael214

jmichael214 Back Again, Apparently
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,837
    In Game Name:
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Auction Second Ring of City Spawntowns!
    What are you suggesting:
    I suggest that the "second ring" of City spawntowns be auctioned off to the highest bidder, meaning the 16 towns which will immediately surround the "first ring" if all towns are placed adjacent to each other.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    For a number of reasons:

1. If you don't come up with a plan for the second ring, it will be a free-for-all, and the first person to place a town 16 blocks away from the existing towns will mess up the whole grid. As it stands, nothing prevents that from happening.

2. The drawings distributed the first ring in an unusual way, which is great -- but you have a lot of players who would value a spawntown who were left out. You want the second ring to be owned by motivated players, too, and some of your finest builders (including me) did not win one. Whatever you auction the second ring for, you have a large, motivated pool of potential bidders.

3. This is an economy server -- the raffles distributed the first ring in a way that didn't follow the economy, and the players who can bid the most for a town are those who play this server as it is meant to be played. While it is fair to distribute the first ring in a way that eliminates the advantages of those players, it would be equally fair to distribute the second ring the old-fashioned way.

4. City is to bring players back to the server. You've got at least eight players now who have a huge stake in it succeeding -- you could have 16 more.

5. You could limit the bidding, such that any one player (or their alts) could only win one second ring town. That will prevent empire-building so early on, and it will eliminate one wealthy bidder when each auction ends ... meaning that even less-wealthy players could benefit, once the Nicits of the world are out. 15 auctions down, the 16th auction would likely have no @jmichael214, no @Nicit6, no @AdmiralD, no @ClarinetPhoenix, etc.
    Other information:
    I think the reasons above sum it up.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    None.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  2. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    If i recall, andrew said he had a plan for the surrounding towns, so they wont just go to the first people to buy mayor. He didn't mention what he was doing but he has a plan.

3. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    I love the idea of this and actually think a third, or even fourth ring would not hurt.
    Not sure how you are thinking the bid would be handled since it may be weeks or months before any player will be able to grind enough to purchase these towns since no funds from the beginning of the server are able to be used on City for a very long time. andrew has made it clear that this is not going to be the same economy server any more and that there will be no way to have much money for some months down the road (except with major grinding or major usd purchases).

4. BobbyBlack

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    perhaps you can bid using your bank balance, idk

5. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    The only problem with that is that the concept of this new server is that everyone is even which is why is restricting bank balance transfers for months to City. Would not see him allowing bank balance for this as it would just bring us back to the rich (those that have spent years grinding and donating for funds) being ahead on City.

6. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    thats probably the worst way of determining who can get the towns.
    The entire point of city is to start over- bringing in 20mil from your bank balance isnt supporting any of that

7. BobbyBlack

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Well how would you hold an auction for the outer ring towns when no1 has money? It would be pointless to hold this auction if the towns went for 100k each lol. I would see the auction as a means to empty peoples bank bals from the server.

8. jmichael214

jmichael214 Back Again, Apparently
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,837
    I don't know the answer to this question. I would imagine there is a way to make it work -- for example, this could be the only thing old balances can be spent on.

The whole point is to start over ... except for eight people who own spawntowns. This is not so much different. After all, eight people were permitted to bring in something from the old server -- this would just be sixteen more.

9. Natelev

Natelev Skyblock Mod
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,031,351
    Ratings:
    +290
    Except the eight people who won spawn towns didn't get them for their status or wealth on the old main server. I think having some system to deal with the second line of spawn towns is a great idea, but it wouldn't be honest to say that letting the highest bidders buy them is the same as how the first spawn towns were given away.

Anyway, even if this isn't "officially" implemented, we could still organise a system for the second line of towns. All we would need is the agreement of the eight spawn town owners to allow the winners of each new town to place their second line town next to the spawn towns. I'd be happy to go along with that if all the other spawn town owners agreed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    starting to close in on a sizable fraction of the people who are actually gonna play on city

11. block_crusher

block_crusher Prestige 6, Ex-Ecolegend, $ EcoLeader $
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +979
    I want one :p

+1 to this lol

#11 block_crusher, Oct 14, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  12. communism1

communism1 Kingfish
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    -1 let andrew do what he has planned

13. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    Accepted.

Auctioning them now among the people who didn't win the original raffle yet had a ticket.

#13 andrewkm, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  14. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.