+21
    In Game Name:
    Daconian
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Adding portals to town control++
    What are you suggesting:
    Giving the ability to set town portal links to players that have purchased town control++ or adding another feature purchase option for town control to allow the creations of town portals by themselves within their own town.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    We can already purchase town portals anyways through the forums but it can be inconvenient to wait for staff and fill out upwards of 10 plus portal links applications. I'm not sure how difficult this would be or if it is possible it would just be more incentive to purchase the features and more convenient for players who own towns and have town control already. It would also allow ease of access for towns to create quick portals within their own town for players to move around quickly.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. Pab_Jr Former Staff Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,151
    While I like the idea behind this having these applications for one takes money out of the economy, and to be honest the wait is not that long, a few years ago we had to wait up to 7 days for Andrew to do the application, currently an application is done within 24 hours on average, rarely any longer than that. TownControl and it’s various upgrades are already so packed with features that we could only have dreamed of years ago I really do not see a point in adding this.
    There is also the issue of possibly abusing something like this, as right now you can only do these features in towns you are the official owner of, adding to town control would change that which I personally am not in favor of.

-1 from me.

3. LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    Same argument could be made for towncontrol in its entirety? We used to have applications costing 10k each to set flags up in our towns but now we have the feature for it so we can do it on our own. Plus, hardly anyone actually sets up these portals so I'm not sure if it really impacts the economy.

But... isn't that again the same as the flag's situation again? Wasn't it like before where only the official owner could set a request for the flag but now we have it so anyone can go over and set the flag if they are owner rank in that town.

4. Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    -1 because portals are tricky to set up correctly and I don't want to see 1000 "why can't I make [some strange shape] into a portal" support requests/suggestions

5. Daconian ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +21
    while I agree with this I also disagree it would depend on how many actually get purchased and how much money gets removed. This also opens up a new economic trade amongst players for town control services as well as promotes teamwork amongst players who have features and dont. Adding it as a new feature category could also add to the server revenue for maintenance costs and upkeep.

I'll present the same argument as laggy on this one. Flags already have been implemented into towncontrol this wouldn't be much different it could even lighten the load further on the mods and game admins for not having to take time to do this when a regular player with the feature could do this instead and keep money moving around the server.

6. Daconian ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +21
    this argument seems more personally than practical there will always be players who ask questions anyways as a lot of features can be complicated adding this one wont change that fact.

7. LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    Thats what a wiki is for :p

8. Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,113
    This would be a total mess.
    Sorry, won't happen.

#8 andrewkm, Feb 12, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020