Denied [Main Server Suggestion] Add 5x leaf drops to magic shears

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Enegek, Jul 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enegek

Enegek tbone199205 in the house
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +345
    In Game Name:
    Enegek
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Add 5x leaf drops to magic shears
    What are you suggesting:
    I'm suggesting that 5x leaf drops be added to the magic sheers.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    The magic sheers, as they are now, seem like a complete waste of a magic item. By adding 5x drop rate to leaves, they might actually be able to make a decent chunk of money. Leaves currently sell for $0.07, so each leaf block would have a value of $0.35 (not including prestige's).
    Other information:
    Could also add a second enchantment level that would drop the leaves straight into your inventory like the melon sword. Or make it like the magic shovel, and have it trim leaves in an area per level of magic applied, except have it drop the leaves instead of deleting them.

Edit: Just harvested leaves for 15 minutes to get an idea of what the p/h could look like, and if my math is right even buffed it would only come out to ~4.2k an hour. Definitely not profitable, but it would add some more utility to the magic sheers to make them only slightly less of a waste.
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

#1 Enegek, Jul 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  2. MisterxMerc

MisterxMerc President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +3
    +1 magic shears are straight up bad

3. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    +0 this won’t help make the shears better if I’m being honest. With the mcMMO perk that insta breaks leaves, not to mention the abundance of leaves, nobody will use the shears for this purpose and won’t change anything imo

4. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    Jdawger is right, you will 100% be able to get more leaves by literally mining ores and buying them then the amount you will get via this change.

5. Enegek

Enegek tbone199205 in the house
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +345
    I agree that my idea isn't the greatest, but I also haven't seen anyone stopping to discuss how to just how bad the magic sheers are. Aside from buffing prices, what would you guys do instead to improve the magic sheers? I've also edited my post to add the idea of making the sheers work like the magic shovel, but just not to delete the leaves. If my calculations of p/h were right, giving the sheers a breaking radius of 3x3, 4x4, or even 5x5 would boost the profitability substantially. Assuming perfect conditions, the 3x3 would be boosted to 37.8k, 4x4 would be boosted to 67.2k, and the 5x5 would be boosted to 105k. So instead of just saying the idea is bad, what could we do to improve the idea?

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    We will not be adding this as we have no intention to focus on new magic tools/items at this time, specifically these which really wouldn't change much gameplay wise.

#6 andrewkm, Jul 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.