Accepted [Main City Server Suggestion] Shop Rules

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by EraNow, Nov 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EraNow

EraNow President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,311
    In Game Name:
    Iticip24
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main City Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Shop Rules
    What are you suggesting:
    Make them but don’t increase prices beyond the past 5k/month. We need the market to remain alive, and avoiding incredibly high rent is important for that. The higher the rent, the less profit you make, the incentive there is to run a good shop (it’s a hell of a lot of work, all the time).
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    We need market rules.
    Other information:
    Rent really doesn’t take that much out of the economy. It needs to be there, for sure, but I’d personally prefer to see changes made to actual shop use rather than rent (unless rent goes down).
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +912

Spawn Markets should come at a higher cost to keep things in check and force players to maintain them to keep profits. Having spawn towns sit unattended just because you paid a lot initially is not good for the economy and sends a bad message to newer players who start there. Rules are harder to enforce where this makes it back or white.

Owners of these shops are more then capable of making significant profits if properly utilized and maintained even with a higher weekly rent cost. If you are not then you should probably sell the plot ASAP!

This also allows more competition in the market system keeping prices reasonable. The better the spawn shops operate the better it is for everyone. Making the rent cheap just means an owner can sit on it.

3. xHigh420x

xHigh420x ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +46
    Im still waiting for the new shop rules. They said we would have them after all the shops so but I havent seen them. Nothing on how to renew a shop or how much. Just the old server information.

4. EraNow

EraNow President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,311
    If you don’t maintain, you don’t profit. 5k in profit (vs selling to server or other stores), not revenue, is actually a solid amount.

There are other ways to make sure a server store is in check. Higher rent doesn’t neccisarily stop shop camping by the rich, either.

5. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +912
    That’s the point. The idea of having strict rules and forcing players to maintain a spawn shop for profit is the whole idea. Having a higher cost to own the shop ensures players maintain it. If the rent is cheap there is more incentive for players to be more neglectful.

I understand that spawn shops are not cheap, but the profits can far exceed the cost if properly maintained.. Rules can help but require enforcement and can be watered down. The high weekly cost ensures the shop remain active.

This was a major problem with spawn shops in the last server.. I just don’t want to see history repeat itself.. These shop come with a certain level of responsibility and will/should require a lot of a players time to maintain them.

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.