Denied [Main City Server Suggestion] Require spawnshop eviction notices

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by zjkhan, Dec 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zjkhan

zjkhan Arridian Emperor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $917,943
    Ratings:
    +654
    This. If I don’t pay my rent irl there are severe consequences. Hence I don’t miss rent. Ecc is a server, and as much time, dedication, and effort as I put in it, i sometimes zone out to focus on things, in the real world, for a few days and loose track of things on ecc. @Nicit6 you bring up how you paid millions for your shop therefore you never forgot, when I bought my prime shop I paid the equivalent worth (inflation adjusted, probably) for my shop too. Yet here I am having forgotten it because I decided to put my computer away for a few days and spend time with my family for the holidays. And it’s not like other people, even active people, don’t forget. You all have brought up such ludicrous arguments that it takes up too much of staffs time, but if they have to check everything to make sure a shop owner needs to be evicted, they can take the next 10 seconds and mention a user in a post. There’s absolutely no reason to make it such a process, and I would do it myself, but clearly I’m not the most trusted member to do it, because I myself forgot. Staff have to be active to do the jobs they do therefore it’s only logical that either A. Staff takes that extra 10 seconds and tags a user, or B. We automate the entire damn shop making process.

#21 zjkhan, Dec 26, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  2. communism1

communism1 Kingfish
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    Exactly. It seems like something that should just be part of "the process" of handling shops.

• Potato Potato x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Pab_Jr

Pab_Jr Former Staff Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,151
    I have owned multiple spawn shops, I definitely do not see any issue with adding an addition 10 seconds to the process of evictions. I would make a post for each spawnshop, and simply a week before payment is due a member of the game admin team tags the user who owns the shop. Once a new payment has been posted they would then make a post along the lines of shop payed next payment due on xxx
    No new thread to be made when users change, but that way it is there.

4. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    Staff are not your personal assistants. You forgot to pay your rent (which is crazy considering you come from a family of landlords who remind all their tentents to pay their rent), so now you want other people who could also forget to go out of their way to remind you of a choice you made. Maybe if you had set some reminder yourself, this wouldn’t have happened? What happens when staff forget to remind you? Having this staff’s job is completely ridiculous because they are humans too and I see nothing but problems in the future. Btw, if you put your computer away to spend time with family, what good would a notice that you have 24 hours to pay your shop rent have done?

+1
    I agree a notice would help people remember, but only if it comes from something automated because staff are human and can miss things spending time with their families too.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Imaginex

Imaginex Living in a Daydream
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $5,655,100
    Ratings:
    +1,244
    Doesn't auction shops, only has rent/buy options. IDEK if we use Vault, and if we don't there could be issues with it clashing with different custom plugins we have. Staff will still have to check to make sure that shop regions are in compliance with the rules, aka number of chest shops or activity of the person that owns it. The autorenew feature SOUNDS cool, until you're stuck with someone who hasn't been on in a year yet still has the bal to be renewed.

It looks like multiple buyregion/rentregion signs can be set in a single region, which is super weird. In addition, they all seem to work to some degree, according to the page you linked:

I highly doubt that staff would put down more than one sign in a region, but if players can make the signs then I see a LOT of potential issues. Also, 'probably' leads me to believe that the author of this plugin hasn't even tested this option.

I don't even see the command to set up warnings for evictions. I'm going to have to assume that it doesn't exist? Which is weird, because that's the one thing you're really pushing for...

#25 Imaginex, Dec 26, 2018
  6. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    -1 as many people stated, landlords do not remind tenants to pay rent, it is up to the person renting it.

Also, the government doesn’t remind people to do their taxes, so why should this be any different.

Plus, what good is it if you don’t even check the forums. If staff does remind you (which would be on the forums most likely), it would be just as easy to check the thread. I’d recommend bookmarking it.

#26 Jdawger, Dec 26, 2018
  7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    • Winner Winner x 13
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #27 andrewkm, Dec 27, 2018