Accepted [Main City Server Suggestion] Mayor's Permission Edits

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aaron0119, Jan 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron0119

Aaron0119 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +10
    In Game Name:
    Aaron0119
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main City Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Mayor's Permission Edits
    What are you suggesting:
    Mayor's should be able to revoke permissions to an individual who is griefing your town IMMIDENTlLY if you have evidence of the individual griefing either by eye witness w/ investigator or the use of investigator itself. Once the player's perms to the town are removed you must IMMIDENTLY file a report on the person for griefing and then go through the process of getting the person banned/evicted from the town. You may not affect the chests or plot in which the person stayed in during the griefing in order to still protect the individual's property.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    This allows Town owners to not get totally pushed over by others griefing. This allows town owners to quickly stop and prevent further griefing of their towns, which would also lower rollbacks from being commonplace.
    Other information:
    All is mentioned in the Suggestion above
    Plugin or custom addition:
    N/A
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

#1 Aaron0119, Jan 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  2. NinjarakuPwnz

Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +78
    i fully stand behind this suggestion and would feel this is a great common ground for both the mayors and members of a town to prevent players from causing more potential damage,
    1. the town owners must still allow the player/griefer to access any/all lwc'd items within their designated plot but can revoke town permissions after an investigator + screenshot of grief/theft is found.
    2. players who join a town must adhere to agreed upon town rules when joining and are fully-bound to follow the set town's rules.

i think we should post our town rules on the forums, this way rules can't simply be changed by breaking a sign. this will provide a "edit/post" time and date stamp for when the rules were last set/changed. to prevent town owners from changing rules to give themselves an advantage to removing some ones permissions

3. Aaron0119

Aaron0119 Builder

Ratings:
    +10
    The issue with " players who join a town must adhere to agreed upon town rules when joining and are fully-bound to follow the set town's rules." is that the rules they agree to can be unfair and they just wouldn't know it. Another reason not to make that a thing is because it is hard to draw the line between what is fair and what isn't in regards to a person's point of view.
    Then the first comment you brought up was addressed in different wording above.

#3 Aaron0119, Jan 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  4. Unnbearable

Unnbearable Slightly Bearable
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +171
    I agree with allowing us the ability to temporarily removing a member pending a staff investigation.
    The only issue I am seeing, is that the rules, staff's stance, and the Investigator Feature Description kind of conflict with one another. The description of the investigator feature hints that removal of a member of a town using the Logblock tool is part of the appeal of the feature itself.
    This is great for town owners who are tired of waiting on grief reports to be handled and want to find out who did what in their regions immediately so that the specific user can be removed from their town upon investigation in a timely manner suiting their needs << This statement is the sole reason I included being immediately removed from my town in my town rules section.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #4 Unnbearable, Jan 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  5. NinjarakuPwnz

Ratings:
    +78
    Exactly, on both griefings i provided screenshots of the investigators i hired stating the name of the player who did the damage, yet was told this still was not enough to remove the players permission to build/edit within the town,
    it's worth noting even if their perms are removed they can still access their LWC'd items. literally only removed permissions to prevent further griefing until the player could be contacted about the issue for resolution.

6. FrailDK

FrailDK Machine God Clergy
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +197
    I am backing the Idea of town owners more tools to on sight and instantly stop on Going grief and prevent further grief from occuring.
    As is you can file them for a temp. Ban which is only effective if a staff member is online ( that is Pretty Much always tho.. almost ).
    In the case of property rights it would be the town owners responsibility to safeguard the temp. Lost belongings of the accused until authorised people look Into the matter.
    Griefers to my experience are Very often builders. And would see no harm in giving ranks a little more oomph as the difference is negligeble atm in regards to protecting your town while still not wanting to live in solitude.
    Not sure if this goes anywhere but id like more power to the mayors! Hehe :)

7. Aaron0119

Aaron0119 Builder

Ratings:
    +10
    Thank you for all the feedback. Bump

8. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    -1 Eh, I disagree. As a SMod, we try to handle reports ASAP.

Plus, to cover a few of your points:
    I feel this would be abused honestly. To try to regulate this abuse, They would need to file an eviction notice before a grief report so we have logs of why he was removed from the town in the first place. That’s double the forums they would need to create just to avoid risk of potentially more grief. Honestly, players griefing the same town after initial grief before they get banned is pretty rare. )(Only seen it maybe one time in five years). What I have seen a lot of is premature, unlawful evictions that had no logs/reports to justify their claims.

The reason for the current settup is because staff can lawfully deal with the situation in a fair manor first.

TL;DR it is going to be a huge headache for everyone that has more possibility for more chaos.

Not everyone would do it immediately I can assure you that. Plus, people forget or would be too used to the method that we had for years and would forget to do the report (I honestly have done something similar before).

Edit: was less distracted and had more time to rewrite this. Please read again lol.

#8 Jdawger, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  9. Aaron0119

Aaron0119 Builder

Ratings:
    +10
    If someone does abuse it though you can just revoke their right to own a town or give them strikes. Aren't commands logged as well? like you could see when someone was revoked from a town and when the post was made.

10. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Yes and no. To make short, it would be a lot more work on staff. I fleshed our what I meant in my initial post.

11. blgordon

blgordon ECC Benefactor
    ECC Benefactor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +181
    @Jdawger can smods revoke members permissions immediately if they are griefing or breaking rules, if they refuse to stop? There were some discussions in VIP chat last week and the impression left was that if a member of your town starts griefing you that there’s nothing that can be done until the 3 day eviction notice has expired.

12. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    Supermods cannot mess with town permissions, they can however act upon active grief and will do so.

This is not true, if a user is griefing they can be removed from a town before the 3-day eviction notice is up If and only if the user in question has been warned or banned as a result of a grief report.

From the Main City Rules
    If a user is actively griefing, call over a staff. All staff may handle active grief, if the user doesn't stop griefing under witness of Staff they will mostly likely end up banned.
    However should this be the case, you still need to file a grief report to get the full damage assessed and then you may remove the user from the town after the report is completed. As the user is now banned, you don't need to worry about them continuing to grief the town.

If a user griefed but is not actively doing so, get a grief report up asap. Once it is processed you may proceed with the eviction.

tl:dr, you don't need to wait 3 days to remove a griefer, you simply just need an official report processed first. The sooner you file, the sooner it gets handled and you remove the problem user from the town.

On the allowing of users to revoke permissions from towns based on personal investigation use. I do not agree. I can see it causing a ton of conflict and is also prone to high abuse. There are ways to handle active grief(call over a staff), and our smod team is pretty on top of grief reports, should you not catch the act in the making.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. NinjarakuPwnz

Ratings:
    +78
    what makes work for staff is when we have to file a grief report when some noob decides to start making entrances through their neighbor's walls after reading and agreeing to town rules.
    most of the players i reported for griefing are now un-banned, so 2-3 reports staff has to deal with. Minimum

in real life, an eviction, normally, would allow the player to move within a timeframe from their land/house but when rules are being broken and you are trashing the entire community, you'd be hauled off to jail right then and there.

All players are required to follow server rules, there should not be a "grey" area knowing town owners aren't just clicking the ground with gold shovels to get their town, it's designed to be a multiplayer community but when there is cause for removing their permissions i honestly see no issues with removing perms, especially knowing 4 times now rollbacks have been denied because item value is based off /worth and not the player market prices, again another loophole for builders to use. but hey, when they're unbanned they're already halfway to resident right? yeah... not happening in my town. the players agree to the terms when they join. the rules for my town are posted on the forums.

if every town owner decided they only allow resident or higher rank players to join their town due to the griefing loopholes currently in place, there will be a lot more builders just quitting after spamming global for a plot, there is no-where else for them to get a place to live or store things/build protected. which again, is giving a grey area to allow griefers to get away with it. then 2 have people getting mad at one another in global because "i thought griefing wasn't allowed here" staff: only if you join a town.

no people, even if you join a town, server rules are telling us we have to allow it to go on for 3 days, and with blocks usually being worth next to nothing,
    griefing is griefing and it's bright as day when you see it happening, town owners shouldn't be forced to let players do it when there is investigators and screenshots involved

Lets face it, all us town owners could just refuse to accept builder rank players, and we can just eat popcorn while we watch them flop around in global spamming for a plot.
    whelp, sorry, we're not willing to take the liability, ask staff where you can get a place to live until you manage to save up 15k for resident while having no protected place to build a house beyond locking your chests... =p

14. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan Sponsor*~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,065
    That's a very toxic way to go about things. And it wouldnt work because some people who have been owners of builder towns before know theres risk and reward in it. Theres always gonna be some towns.

The only flaw in this is usually the cops have to witness it or cameras have to capture it for it to be an immediate arrest thing. Other wise an investigation, even small, takes place. Its the same way with staff and grief reports. If you see the person griefing and grab a staff member in time and they see it, they can act on it. If its after the fact, well... we gotta do our little investigations then. It all gets handled though.

Also speaking from experience as I helped with massive builder town projects... grief will happen. At some point. It's usually not that hard to fix though. Rebuilding might seem intensive but from my experience 90% of my grief was fixed within 15 minutes. The other percent I usually could get help from the community.

I also want to point out that this is an economy server. Everything comes with risk. Everything. And rewards.
    My example is
    Risk: griefing the town
    Reward: finding a chest full of nstars from a builder that's gone massively inactive. (That was a great find)

If you dont want to take the griefing risk then I guess you dont have to. But you also wont get to find any treasures hidden away.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. PyroTechnix_

PyroTechnix_ Professional Coffee Drinker
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +291
    Stopping certain ranks from coming into your town isn't going to stop grief at all, thats not how it works in any circumstance. The system we have now is perfectly fine. Staff are active and usually 99% of the time have the grief report handled within 48 hours. There is no need to change the way we are able to deal with greifers just because someone can't be bothered to wait. As @strongpelt said, grief will always happen, it's just how it works on a hardcore economy server. You really should have the sense to know who you can trust and be prepared to take the consequences which are usually pretty minor in the first place...

#15 PyroTechnix_, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  16. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    don't really see a reason why not, honestly. I don't see the argument that it's 'prone to abuse', the potential for abuse is already there and we're not changing actual permissions. Good faith breaches of eviction rules don't go anywhere anyway.

+1

17. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    I'm inclined to agree with this. @ClarinetPhoenix please make rule changes allowing removal of users griefing. Obviously include the fact their chests/items cannot be touched whatsoever until the report (that of course must be made ASAP) is dealt with. As well include information regarding town mayors risking serious bans if their report turns out false and abuse of this ability is found.

Marked as "In Progress".

18. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    I have added rules to allow this in the Seizure of Property and 3-day Eviction Notices right after the section that talks about how to properly evict a user.
    https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/wiki...eizure-of-property-amp-3-day-eviction-notices

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.