Denied [Main City Server Suggestion] Increase crop prices

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by THCOOL, Oct 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THCOOL

THCOOL SolarNation Founder and Ex-smod
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +781
    In Game Name:
    THCOOL
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main City Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Increase crop prices
    What are you suggesting:
    I am suggesting that we increase the /sell hand price of crops such as:

Wheat
    Carrots
    Potato's
    Beets
    Sugar Cane
    Nether Wart
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    My reason for this is simply to add variety in ways to get money. I know the city server is still new, but I don't see any of the crops listed above being planted. The only crops I've seen being planted are cocoa beans and melons. A little variety would make things more interesting.

Also, with the server being much more p2w than ever, players who have paid and have somehow already obtained star tools are so much more ahead than the rest. The gap between rich and poor is at its highest point and that gap is only going to continue to increase due to the server being so fresh and new. There is no middle class and having a middle class is critical for maintaining a healthy economy.

I understand why this would potentially get denied as it has many times in the past back on the archive server, but I am hoping this is different and people will be more open minded to it since this is a fresh new start for the server. I miss the old days where there was actual variety and a builder rank could build themselves up with just a proper wheat farm. Yes that is still technically possible, but it is much harder and like I said, the gap between rich and poor is much more evident.... we have players who are just now getting their max tools vs. players who already own 3 star tools.... and its only been 3 days since server opened. We need variety and we need a middle class. I believe this will help build that.
    Other information:
    I do not have specific price increases in mind, however, if this were to be seriously considered, then I will go ahead and run some tests and suggest a real price increase.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    N/A
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

#1 THCOOL, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  2. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    Some of us still have iron tools, although I have worked up to a (non-enchanted) diamond pick now - thank you very much! :p
    In the "old" days, the very best way for builders to earn funds have always been mining, and then farming cocoa beans. I have no idea what the prices are for beans, but they may still be a great alternative.
    I really thought it would be a few months before the whole - Rich get richer while the poor get poorer - the good news is that all of those that complained about players that dedicated years of time and contribution are exactly what they wanted. Poor.
    It is staggering how huge the gap is for the server just starting. I remember it took me months before I was able to get star tools before, and I see no hope of ever achieving any more than Mayor and hopefully will be able to work up to some max tools again in a few months at this pace.
    That said, it is doubtful that andrew will raise many prices at this time since that normally just helps the rich with star tools just get rich much faster.
    I actually am liking the fact that my new goals are much simpler now. Get me a Mayor town and then be able to take a minecraft break for a while - I have spent so many years grinding with nothing to show for it except awesome memories. I wish there was an easy answer for andrew to be able to balance the budget and yet still be able to afford to run the server.
    Long live ECC!

3. communism1

communism1 Kingfish
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    +1 Think increased crop prices would be nice

4. THCOOL

Ratings:
    +781
    That is exactly why I am suggesting we raise the prices of crops that do not require any star tools or many features. If we increase the price of suggested crops, it helps out the poor but has 0 affect on the rich (those with star tools).

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    My old grampa brain took a nap for a minute there - thanks :D

6. DrowningInPizza

DrowningInPizza Always Drowning In Something
    EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,226
    It would be nice to see a variety of things you could do for money, instead of just the normal grinds.

+1

7. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    #bringbackpumpaxes

8. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    I’m neutral on this one- won’t increasing prices at the bottom just have the effect of everything getting more expensive? (But then again I know nothing of economics)

#8 LaggyTryHard, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  9. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    +100 pay to win has taken over even more new people need a way to keep up.

#9 jwpwns, Oct 31, 2018
  10. THCOOL

Ratings:
    +781
    Hmm well in a perfect competitive economy, in the long-run yes it would. But you must remember that there are also many other factors that play a part in overall pricing and more importantly, this is minecraft. Ecocity's economy runs much differently and breaks many of the basic principles that are taught in an IRL economy.

This economy runs much differently and to give you a small example, well look at the current exp market. Ive been seeing max pickaxes being sold at 18k... this is cheap af as its only slightly above $1000/1000xp. The server is new as shit and exp supply is way down while the demand is sky high which in a perfect competitive market would result in an increased price. The price will be high at first but will eventually settle down because supply will increase with time and demand will decrease a bit as well.... BUT, this is minecraft and we have a thing called p2w in which people can donate irl $ and get a ton of exp to themselves. That's not the problem though, the problem is that rather than looking at this and realizing that they can be selling at much higher price points, people are just sticking to the same old prices we had back on archive which is wayyyyy too cheap. You can argue and say that they will eventually run out.... but we dont see this happening as there is always another person grabbing their credit card and buying more :D. This can be due to a variety of reasons such as people simply being dumbasses or there being too many children and simply not understanding this and immediately going to the cheapest price possible which pretty much ruins the fun for everyone. Cheaper is not always better. Anyway.... this is just one of the many examples of how EcoCity's economy cannot be compared to and is much different than IRL. Mini rant over lol.

To answer your question directly, I dont think it will due to the main reason above in that this is not an irl economy. All this will do is give the poor some extra cash to spend which will actually help and aid the overall economy.... but prices will stay the same. People are just too dumb to raise the pricing and I do not see this inflating the economy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #10 THCOOL, Oct 31, 2018
  11. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Feel free to suggest crop price increases once we are 3 months into City.
    I am not happy with making "increase" adjustments this early into City.

Once players settle in and we can examine earnings carefully, decisions will be made.

• List
    #11 andrewkm, Nov 1, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.