Denied [Main City Server Suggestion] Fix the Paradox

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 12345shane, Nov 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,132
    In Game Name:
    12345shane
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main City Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Fix the Paradox
    What are you suggesting:
    The paradox is as such:
    A quote from Mr. KM: "If you look at it in the long run, this is nothing compared to the hit City Server would take if it allowed withdrawal 12 months in," and yet the solution for what is essentially inflation is to continue to sell ECD for rates completely out of line with the 10% rate on bank withdrawals.

Let's say I have 5mil, which according to the provided data is something only 17 users have obtained. Transferring that to the server would provide 500k with the current 10% rate. Or, I can go to work at McDonalds for a single day and buy that amount of ECD instead with $100. This makes absolutely ZERO economic sense. You want to solve inflation, yet you actively contribute to it and REFUSE to change it? Fine, you want money for the server, I get it. Save us the guise of preventing inflation at the very least. You can't have your cake and eat it. It's either saving the economy and preventing inflation, or earning money for the server. I'd appreciate the respect of sticking to one ideology or the other, because they do not work in tandem.

Now, on to the main part of the suggestion, actual solutions to this issue.

1: Reduce the USD:ECD rate, preferably to $1/1k usd or less. The demand for ECD is very high at the moment, and money would still be earned to run the server. This solution would be much more in line with the 1:10 ratio currently on forum withdrawals to the city server. This would also be an actual excuse for saying that we want to reduce the inflation on the economy, as well.

2. No ECD/EXP purchases or ECD withdrawals. In essence, a true fresh start. I very much dislike calling City a "fresh start" because that couldn't be further from the truth. Sure we lost all of our stuff, and apparently 90% of all the money we've ever earned, but the ability to purchase ECD/EXP completely negates the idea behind a "fresh start." This would be mutually beneficial to everyone. Not quite Communism, but a lot like what ECC would have been like in the true beginning.

3. Delay ECD withdrawals to an undetermined point in time where the economy is stabilized and the withdrawals would make a negligible impact. This one may be the hardest one to implement, because deciding when that point in time is could be quite difficult to choose. It could be years from now. I know it took years from the beginning of ECD for the richest player to earn even 10mil.

4. Change the 10% withdrawal rate. The rate would be difficult to determine, and in all honestly the one I prefer the least. I absolutely agree with the 10% rate. However, I cannot stand by it in any capacity when it is in tandem with the current USD:ECD rates. They are not compatible in any situation. If you want to cut down years of work to 1/10th of what it is truly worth be my guest, but I ask that you don't disrespect us by waving these overpowered USD:ECD rates at us at the same time. A person can spend $38USD and have almost an identical amount of money to myself with the 1:10 ratio. Do you know how insulting it is to know that my hours and hours and hours of work has been considered to not only be worth $38, but worth $38 to someone that DOESN'T HAVE TO DO ANY OF THAT WORK.

5. This is the point I'd like to highlight the most, as the most realistic solution. Stop all USD:ECD and EXP purchases for a period of one month from today, until December 1st, 2018, but preferably even longer. Allows the economy to catch up, keeps the 10% ratio, doesn't change any prices on the ECC shop and prevents overinflation of the economy in the early stages of City. This would be an effective (temporary) solution and would be in line, at least for a while, with that "fresh start" attitude. I realize some people will be salty about this one as they may not have had the chance to take advantage of its current availability, but in my opinion it should have been done from the beginning.

Conclusion:
    Decimate the USD:ECD rates or change the 10% system. They are incompatible in a world where the players are trying to be convinced that this is a "fresh start," when the reality couldn't be further from it.
    I get that the server has to be run, I do, but it seems like absolutely nothing has been learned from the mistake of star tools. Oversaturating the economy in order to benefit the profitability of the server has drastic consequences. I do hope that fact is never lost on anyone, and it would be to everyone's benefit if a compromise could be found. 10% is not a compromise. It is an attempt to appease the people who are too blind to see that it is a diversion from the reality of the source of the economic inflation: the EcoCityCraft shop.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Stated above.
    Other information:
    I'd like to address the fact that Andrew said he wouldn't reduce ECD rates any more. I'm ignoring that. This is extremely important to me, and I'm going to suggest this regardless of the fact. I believe at the very least starting a discussion would be extraordinarily valuable to our server.

I'm aware Andrew put his foot down on changing ECD rates. I know I'm preaching to the quoir here. This suggestion is extremely important to me, as ECC has been my life for years. Andrew went back on Jwpwns's suggestion, and I'm hoping at the very least he reads the entire thing and actually considers what I've mentioned. If I'm lucky maybe he'll post a detailed response. I understand the server needs to be run, but the idea of this being a fresh start is negated entirely by the very existence of purchasing ECD with USD. The server obtaining money through unpopular means have been supported in the past when Star Crates were a reality, and we all know how those no longer exist. I'd argue they were even a catalyst for the very creation of City, due to an oversaturation of tools. It's not much different now, just instead it's an oversaturation of the economy. You can keep the ECD for USD purchases on the shop, I don't care. They're just completely misaligned with any intention of preventing inflation of the economy at the moment, and must be reduced in order for that statement to be true in any capacity, or switched with an alternate solution.

At the very least stop claiming that we want to prevent "inflation". It's simply not true.
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #1 12345shane, Nov 2, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  2. Mcguy65

Mcguy65 Dirt
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +631
    First of your suggestion is on point. Great work! +1

Second, You can buy enough exp right now from the store to buy a star item, and PICK WHAT ITEM you want. what is it 130-140 bucks? Star crates were 100 or something? they varied I just cant completely remember the prices (cause I didnt buy them)
    So now in the current time we are in of ECC, you can pick whatever star item you like, if you got the credit of course. BUT! now you HAVE TO MAKE THEM INTO STARS! 3-5 mins extra of work? Are star crates really gone? I just think they have improved..

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  3. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    1. Far too low of a rate.
    2. No. Hosting and operating isn’t free.
    3. Too late & community is against it.
    4. This is just #1 & #2 reworded, and would cause inflation if offered at over 10%
    5. No, as you mentioned, it’s nothing but a temporary solution.

Conclusion, USD:ECD rates have already dropped once. I may lower them further in a while, not at this time though and definitely not at 1:1k. USD:EXP rates may lower to match the drop in USD:ECD rates.

PS: I read your entire thread in detail @12345shane, twice actually, once again as I just woke up. Unfortunately I don’t like any of the proposed ideas and there are issues with all of them.

#3 andrewkm, Nov 2, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Updated response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.