Denied [Main City Server Suggestion] Bring back SG

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by _Sharpy, Dec 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +912
    It’s fine if you want it brought back but it was flawed and broken with kits.. also a lot of work for something that will just die soon after once new players realize how OP kits are. I just don’t see the value in the time needed to relaunch it.

Edit..
    Now if it’s no Kit SG then absolutely.. then we are talking.. that would at least be fun

We need Kit PvP now on a separate dedicated server which will likely be an issue without Jamie. Would need Andrew to trust someone to take on the project which is probably going to be tough but possible if he gets someone good to take it on..

Just not worth the effort in my opinion.. but whatever. I would hate to see Kit PvP bumped for it is all

#21 ajp79, Dec 30, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  2. RazorRimz

RazorRimz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +646
    First of all, kits have been nerfed so much. Second of all, it’s 50% chance of no kits every game.

3. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    SG was fun but

SG later in its lifecycle isn't something I really ever want to see on ECC again. I just don't see the value add from allowing people who donated hundreds several years ago to senselessly destroy newer players. It'll scare the newer ones away from a server they might otherwise like for no reason at all.

imo the best solution would be remove all the kits and go from there

If we had to have kits I think the best solution would be to allow only one per game and only after some amount of time in play (2 minutes?).

tl;dr
    Good SG, yes
    Bad SG, no

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Bangpopfizz

Bangpopfizz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +106
    +1 but like nicit said, please remove p2w kits that give donators massive advantages over other sg players, it just makes the games unfun for both players, one beats the living crap out of the other, newer players no longer play, then just the same 2-3 donators playing against one another for eternity.

Adding on to what nicit said about removing all kits, maybe make some more cosmetic themed kits/features for sharing such as fireworks appearing when u kill someone or die, or have trails enabled on them, all make donators stand out but give them no combat advantage, it worked in tf2 why wont it work here?

Or maybe have something you can buy from the shop that increases the rewards for everyone in sg for a certain period of time.

#24 Bangpopfizz, Dec 31, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  5. _Sharpy

_Sharpy Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $348,740
    Ratings:
    +652
    The issue I see with removing kits altogether isn't that I necessarily want these kits in SG, it's that at the time, they were as it was called "pay to win".
    The issue at hand is that there would be uproar if you remove all the kits and don't do anything to compensate everyone who has spent hundreds on these. I couldn't care less if you take away my kits and give me my money back, but that isn't gonna happen. I'd just appreciate some form of compensation from their removal.

6. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    That's why I suggested what I think would be a mostly fair compromise that imo would solve an amount of issues.

7. wolfspy7

wolfspy7 Builder

Ratings:
    +408
    I do understand kits were annoying. Why dont we just add SG back, 100% kit free, this will ensure builders and other players have equal chance. This therefore will probably increase the population as a lot of members liked the SG side of ecc alone.

Alot of members enjoyed the SG times, and alot of members left or play less because of it.

SG is not for some, but I dont see why people who do enjoy it cant have it. Friendships formed around SG, sg clans and teams.

As for kits, we all did "donate" so we are not entitle to a refund, however I dont see why we cant be compensated via ingame ecodollars.

#BRINGBACKSG

Thank you.

8. Bangpopfizz

Bangpopfizz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +106
    I agree that if andrew does think to bring back sg, we need to remove kits all together, no compromises. I think either donation coupons or ecd would be a good way to refund players that payed for kits previously.

#28 Bangpopfizz, Dec 31, 2018
  9. alpert3925

alpert3925 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,086
    I don't think ti would be fair to allow one per game. I paid hundreds of USD under the assumption the I would be ale to use every kit every game with no cool down. Thats why I bought++. Without reimbursement of gift cards (which I can safely assume is not a thing) there, is no way around it. SG should just get scrapped or add a Kit pvp where the kits are still relevant in some capacity.

We all know that just about everyone would use MIQ or buffer each game. Unless Andrew wants to just take away all sg kits (which could work), and create a real survival games that is balanced w/out OP kits or kits at all. I'd much rather see sg stay gone and leave eco city the way it is.

But for my ultimate reason against adding SG back altogether because at the end of the day it was really the BIGGEST shit show ever. It caused so many issues from people getting DDOS'd during tourneys, crazy beef / arguments between players and various groups. Overall it created a very negative and cynical aura around the server because of the anger the power of the kits provided to experienced players, constant and never ending hackusations in chat that never could be very rarely be resolved due to lack of evidence because its really hard to prove if someone is hacking.

• Potato Potato x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. alpert3925

alpert3925 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,086
    really doubt a gift card give back would be possible. ppl have spent wayyy to much money on kits. just scrap em

11. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    So you would be angry with not having a kit every game because you bought ++, but you would be happy to have nothing at all for the money you spent?

12. Mochocrap

Mochocrap Lannister
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +778
    https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/new-sg-suggestion.176503/#post-991949
    Andrew’s Thoughts

If I’m not mistaken, Andrew has said multiple times that we won’t be getting SG back. As of now, the 500$ people have spent on kits (using myself as an example) won’t currently be refunded. Instead, we will be having our kits transferred over to the new mini game we will be seeing later on.

My Opinion
    That being said, as an avid SG’er, I don’t think Sg should come back. The games were filled with hacusations, people were constantly reporting each other (remember _oink__oink_?), and if you didn’t have kits on a non-kit-free game you’d stand little to no chance to those who would use spy to camp till the end just to shred with buffer, perfect fit, and Miq. Not to mention the teams (who also usually have kits).

Hacking
    People would play with kill-aura and blame it on latency. Tracers, and blame it on hunter and particles. Criticals, and blame it on buffer or the smallest jump. It was way to hard to sort through the honest people and the cheaters.

Those Who Bought Kits
    I don’t think scraping the kits value from the players (ie I’m out $500) for something they specifically bought over other features is the way to go. And I also don’t think giving out $500 gift cards would do the economy any good.

Solution
    So, I propose those who have kit money (money spent on kits) should be able to direct message Andrew to explain/prove/find how much money they have in kits, and tell him what you would like that money transferred into. Example: I have $200 worth of kits, I want: $60 fly+, $100 exp, $40 SkyBlock spawners, etc, etc. Or you can not do that, and see what other minigame comes out in the future.

No, current sales will not be taken into consideration when applying this proposal. This prevents those who got 30% off when purchasing a kit to receive an additional 30% off (totaling 60%; meaning I spent 40$ for a 100$ kit in the end [after transfers]).

This also prevents gift card sales so the economy won’t flexuate all that much, and you can put a cap on exp as well as money purchases. Obviously a case by case situation, like if I wanted the exp to buy a star tool, that’s some $230 for 2000 nStars ($100 for 480k exp). But Andrew could also deduct $230 and spawn a star tool (this prevents the sale of nStars, but doesn’t prevent the sale of a Eff7).

#32 Mochocrap, Dec 31, 2018
  13. Mochocrap

Mochocrap Lannister

Ratings:
    +778
    Let’s just add spleef. :artist:

14. kodicraft4

kodicraft4 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    +1 It was a great way to pass time and winning money

15. Capbo_

Capbo_ Reformed Scammer
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,348,456
    Ratings:
    +3,040
    +1 SG = Fun

16. jmichael214

jmichael214 Back Again, Apparently
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,837
    And here you have the dilemma. People have kits, which were paid for, but which contributed to the ruin of the game mode. A certain type of player would lurk in SG and slaughter every new player who tried to play, to make a few hundred or thousand ECD, then complain that no one played SG any more ... then be outraged at the thought of having to give up the kits. Kits + old players = SG that is dead on arrival. The choice is not really "do we want kit SG back?" It's "would I rather have SG with my kits gone, or no SG at all?" Those are the only two real choices.

17. FoxBLP

FoxBLP Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +110
    Doesn't matter what pvp minigame andrew brings back there will always be accusations and hackers in any games you play that's just how games are lol.

18. Mochocrap

Mochocrap Lannister

Ratings:
    +778
    How would you feel losing $500 worth of features?

19. jmichael214

jmichael214 Back Again, Apparently
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,837
    Terrible. I'm not devaluing how you feel at all. That's why I called it a dilemma.

20. FoxBLP

FoxBLP Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +110
    I have over $300 worth and I honestly wouldn't care if I lost them lmao

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.