Accepted [Main City Server Suggestion] Add invincible flag to TownControlPlus

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Videowiz92, Jan 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Videowiz92

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Benefactor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,183
    In Game Name:
    Videowiz92
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main City Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Add invincible flag to TownControlPlus
    What are you suggesting:
    Adding the invincible flag to TownControlPlus. The feature even mentions "any overpowered flags we add to Town Control will be added to this plus package."
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    There are some towns (mine for example, has lava replacing all water) that are hazardous to users without certain features such as fly, pyro plus, or water plus. This flag can be enabled for users that want a creative look to their town without having to worry about random users going into their town and dying unexpectedly.
    Other information:
    Sure the argument can be made that the user that dies "unexpectedly" in a town full of hazards shouldn't have been poking around in the town at all - but I would rather leave the creativity of town owners open to whatever they want. I'm not sure if there's any sort of exploit caused from adding this feature to towns, but something probably would've been found in spawn if there was.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    WorldGuard
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Mochocrap

Mochocrap Lannister
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +778
    As long as this doesn’t interfere with the skyblock server :) +1

Though, you can buy/make armor which practically does the same thing. :p

3. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    Out of curiosity: How could it?

Not exactly "the same thing".

Assuming my calculations are correct:
    • Enchanted armor (either full Protection V or a combination of Feather Falling IV and two Protection IV) can reduce fall damage by a maximum of 80%, so any fall of at least 103 blocks will be lethal, no matter your equipment. That could be an issue for sky-themed towns (floating islands etc.)
    • Respiration III can keep your oxygen bar above zero for one minute, after which you have a 25% chance of taking damage every second. (Slightly problematic for underwater towns, especially with the fancy new 1.13 aquatic building materials.)
    • Lava deals four hearts of damage per second. Enchantments (4x Protection IV, 3x Fire Protection IV or 4x Fire Protection III) can reduce damage by 80%, leaving you with 12.5 seconds to get out of there (which isn't much considering swim speed in lava, and a bit less if you factor in fire damage after leaving the lava pool).
    If we include potions, only fall damage remains. If we include features, none of those sources remain (excluding damage types like poison or hunger, which I decided to ignore here). Still, such a flag would certainly be useful for anyone who visits the town.

IIRC spawn used to have a similar issue to the Nether (i.e. granting worldwide invincibility), but I haven't been able to reproduce that bug in a long time. Even if it still exists, you're right - we already have one invincibility region, so more of them shouldn't make a difference.
    (The only scenario I could imagine is that you could teleport someone into a PvP area inside a town where the invincibility flag only applies to members/owners, but teleport-killing is already covered by the server rules.)

4. Mochocrap

Mochocrap Lannister

Ratings:
    +778
    I said practically. And I meant as long as it doesn’t affect skyblock as in if they shared the same configuration for the plugin. Basically, this would obviously be op in skyblock but I support it on main.

5. Mochocrap

Mochocrap Lannister

Ratings:
    +778
    But also, feed would have to removed, otherwise people will warp there to feed for 5 seconds and then just leave. :)

6. Videowiz92

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Benefactor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,183
    It would work the same as teleporting to spawn, which to my knowledge doesn't fill your feed. I think you're thinking of god mode which does fill feed.

7. Videowiz92

Ratings:
    +1,183
    Perhaps the flag could be restricted to global use instead of assigning groups being possible. If not I don't see why a rule can't be implemented that enforces the flag only be enabled globally.

8. stevenjr05

stevenjr05 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +41
    +1 i am building a cocoa farm and when i hire people they have often fallen and died. also it would be great with builds in the sky or with lava.

9. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    Fair point; I was mostly interested in using that quote as an introduction to my math post, not as something to disprove.
    Ah, I see. No, IIRC each server has a separate configuration. (And even if it didn't, we don't even have towns (i.e. WorldGuard regions that can be modified with /rg commands) on SB, so it wouldn't be possible to apply that flag to regions anyway).
    Video is right; the invincibility flag does not refill your hunger bar. But it does prevent your hunger bar from dropping while you're inside that region, which is a nice side effect.
    I'm pretty sure WorldGuard permissions don't allow such fine-grained control per flag (although I may be mistaken), but I see no issues with making it a rule.

10. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Like they could already potentially* do with /warp spawn?

Not sure how that's an argument to remove a feature everyone has paid for lol

11. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.