Denied [Main City Server Suggestion] 5 Year Member Prestige

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by dgam02, Oct 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgam02

dgam02 ♫ Shitposting Ex-SA ♫
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,377
    In Game Name:
    dgam02
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Main City Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    5 Year Member Prestige
    What are you suggesting:
    I'm suggesting that a new prestige be introduced that rewards long time members on the server. There are some of us who have been an active part of the community for years now and have contributed on numerous occasions to help better the server. It seems logical to reward people with prestige for their loyalty and dedication to the server. A lot of us have played on this server for years, however we don't have the time or money to grind up for the current prestige requirements.

I'm suggesting that players who have been registered on the forums for over 5 years and were ranked President+ on our previous main server should be allowed to apply for this prestige rank. I believe the rank requirement is something that can be debated amongst everyone however this is a solid benchmark rank in my opinion.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Firstly, it acts as a sort of substantive reward to the players who have made the server what it is today rather than the simple anniversary medal we get on the forums. I know a lot of us would love the extra boost so that we can continue to play and be apart of the server we love.

Secondly, it helps older members return and get back on their feet so that they can get to their previous rank from the previous main server. With our new server it can seem very discouraging to many old returning users that they have essentially lost all of their ranks and assets from the previous server. Giving them the extra money making boost can possibly stimulate these players and encourage them to return to the community.

All in all, I think it's a strong incentive that not only helps current player retention but also encourages old players to return and become involved.
    Other information:
    None
    Plugin or custom addition:
    None
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree x 6
    • Winner x 4
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Potato x 1
    • List
    #1 dgam02, Oct 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  2. Chundi_Jr

Chundi_Jr Ex-Rebecca
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,994
    +1 This is a great idea! Especially for players who don't have the time required to get the high level achievements from the other servers.

3. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Building Fanatic
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,755
    +1 I think this would be a nice addition.

4. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Andrew's not going to give away prestige for free

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #4 Nicit6, Oct 29, 2018
  5. Olinova

Olinova Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +185
    +1 Good idea, most players don't have the time to invest that's required for prestige. This would be a nice way of giving back to players who've been loyal members for a long time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Is that a dare?
    :p

7. block_crusher

block_crusher Prestige 6, Ex-Ecolegend, $ EcoLeader $
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +979
    Good Idea. But I think I agree with Nicit..

8. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    Speaking as someone who's going to reach his 5 year ingame anniversary in about a month and his 5 year forum anniversary in April: Absolutely -1.

As Nicit said:
    Maybe I wouldn't be looking at this suggestion so negatively if Prestige were simply a decorative rank. But it isn't, it's a way of increasing your hourly profit by 10%, which IMO is pretty substantial if you consider that players who haven't been active in years would have the same privilege as someone who spent millions of ECD on ranks or the medal, or spend many hours in VMR or Skyblock.

If I waited another 1.5 years, even Pivillean would be eligible for Prestige - someone who has never contributed anything to the community and spent his whole existence collecting data for me. He'd receive Prestige 1 for doing absolutely nothing.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • List
    #8 314, Oct 29, 2018
  9. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream ex smol bean

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +313
    +1, as a player of 5 years I think this would be a great addition. I know we get the anniversary medal on the forums as @dgam02 mentioned but he makes an excellent point. This would truly reward old players for sticking around.

I understand the points other players are mentioning as well. Maybe there would be a system in place to account recent activity or something along those lines? That way the real and genuinely active players are the ones being rewarded.

#9 Dare2Dream, Oct 29, 2018
  10. communism1

communism1 Kingfish
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    +1 I think some kind of recognition for time spent, decorative or functional, would be dope!

P.s. As for 314s point about Pivillean, alts could simply be disallowed from this.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #10 communism1, Oct 29, 2018
  11. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    You’re suggesting to just give away prestige based off the fact someone signed up a few years ago. I’d say people have to put effort into getting it.

• List
  12. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. block_crusher

block_crusher Prestige 6, Ex-Ecolegend, $ EcoLeader $
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +979
    What if instead of adding a prestige for being a 5 year member we add a forum medal or something..

That way there is still some sort of decoration for being a veteran but no overpowered, and "free" advantage to the game?
    (Just a thought)

14. dgam02

dgam02 ♫ Shitposting Ex-SA ♫

Ratings:
    +6,377
    There’s people who play today that signed up a few years ago and who will never be able to spend 10 hours a day on a Minecraft server to get those prestige ranks. Something like this can be seen as a thank you to those same players who have kept the community alive throughout all of these years. It also incentivizes old users by giving them an extra boost when they realize they have to start all over again.

This suggestion is less about just giving them prestige for the hell of it because they’re old and more about retaining and rewarding old players through the extra incentive. Believe me, I don’t want to just inflate the economy, but I feel that there’s a certain playerbase that deserves to be recognized for being a consistent part of this community for so long. Additionally incentivizing old players to return and be apart of the community again is something that this server desperately needs these days.

I think most of us old players could agree that being awarded a medal is pretty worthless. I understand where you’re coming from completely, but realistically a medal means nothing in comparison to how much some users have contributed to the server.

15. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +912
    Free??

I would hardly call it free..

16. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +912
    I actually debated this in my head for a good while..

I see both sides of the argument, but for there is something to be said for the loyalty some players have had to this server.

For me the memories and the fact that I was here for just about everything in the past 6-7 years is enough. It’s been a heck of an experience!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    While I see where your heart is, I fear that andrew has so far shown that the server is focusing on the new players and that the older players are not likely to be rewarded for their dedication in the past. I understand this as many of us have spent about all the money we can on every feature that was available and have spent years grinding and contributing. In order for the server to survive, it needs "new" money and new excitement to continue for another 7 year cycle.
    Long live ECC!

18. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    ^

#18 andrewkm, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.