Main City Network - Discussion Thread.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by andrewkm, Jun 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Your solutions will not be implemented. I appreciate the long post but we are moving forward with the plan outlined in the news post. Your solutions have several impossible to implement scenarios, as well your post considers certain things issues that I don’t necessarily consider issues one bit. This is the exact same kind of forecasting speculation we had for the Main reset.

You are welcome to hit the suggestion section 6 months following MN release.

#21 andrewkm, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  2. xlqeyed

xlqeyed Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +11
    I understood that you need flyplus for North rising is that correct?

3. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Please re-read the news post or have a friend assist you in understanding it.
    I am avoiding answering questions that are clearly answered in the news post as it will do nothing but cause more similar questions.

4. xYoyoOG

xYoyoOG Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +20
    We can try and reduce the amount of players discontinue playing on ECC as a community simply by recommending them to join MN instead of M, in the long run staff will probably do this and explain to new players why they should start up on MN right away. But as soon as this system gets released we as a community should all try and keep new players playing on this server since the server concept is probably the best there is, its just that we need more players for it to become even more fun. The more the merrier I'd say!

5. hazardousgrvy

hazardousgrvy Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +6
    Also one last question would there be a way to move myself to a server that's not full. Like if I'm on M but I want to go MN (for any given reason) and it's not full would I still need to be a supporter or no.

6. xYoyoOG

xYoyoOG Builder

Ratings:
    +20
    Think that is probably going to be available to do, yes.

7. FuryFudge

FuryFudge IDK ask Fury
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,325
    Only if MN is full would you need supporter, switching to MN when there are still spaces open would work all the time.

8. S_Bend_To_Blind

S_Bend_To_Blind going wild for heads, renting farms, trades nstars
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $3,000,000
    Ratings:
    +85
    ok, i think i understood it.

everyone logs in on main. when main is full, a second mainserver starts, main north.

as long as there are free slots on main, everyone will be connected to main.

but what happens when for example:

there are 102 players, 100 on main, 2 on main north

now 10 players on main disconnect.
    will these 2 on main north stay alone, until main got filled again ?

it wouldnt nearly be possible to run an active , fair economy on main north when there is noone to trade with^^

other question:

im a new player. mains full, so i get logged into main north.
    lets say while an on-peak.

i get a great start and build something / farm something i wanna go further.
    but it happens a bunch of time that i get connected to main, cause main north isnt on.
    that would rly suck.

would be enough to quit the server, if i never knew how to progress, or if i even get a chance to progress.
    this could stop some huge projects perhaps.

9. xYoyoOG

xYoyoOG Builder

Ratings:
    +20
    I think MN will always be available to play on, and when the 10 players on main disconnect, the 2 people dont get forced over towards main, they can IF they want because there are 10 spots left over in Main

10. xYoyoOG

xYoyoOG Builder

Ratings:
    +20
    Same thing here, I don't think people get forced over to Main if the servers have spots over, so people can grind out on Main North even if Main isnt full.

11. xlqeyed

xlqeyed Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +11
    While there is no ETA can you give a very rough estimate. for example 2 weeks, 1 month, 3 months?

12. xlqeyed

xlqeyed Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +11
    I believe andrew on the limits. He wouldnt make these new NESW servers if he didn;t have to.

He could make it so new players autojoin NM though I have no doubts.

This also won't be great for builders so we as a community everytime the welcome message appears someone needs to convince them to join MN

#32 xlqeyed, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2019
  13. wolfspy7

wolfspy7 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +408
    whats going to happen to market stations?

14. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    ... The same way you move around servers now ...
    Literally the same way you move servers now:
    /server mainnorth
    /server main
    The second main server will always be on. It doesn't simply spin up when a previous one is full.
    Those 2 players on main north can freely use /server main.
    Main north users can come to main to participate in that economy as well. Further more people will be bouncing between servers as they wish.
    Main north is always online, it doesn't just go down because Main has free spots.
    Sorry for the messy answers, but you didn't provide numbered questions or anything, so yeah :p
    Exactly.
    Correct.
    I've ignored the post by @mypolopony as it had no actual project related direct questions and was filled with stupidity and accusations. The user clearly has zero experience in running Minecraft communities and needs to spend some time doing so before knowing what is and isn't possible. Absolutely 100% entitled and demeaning actions by them towards myself and upper management for weeks now.
    Nothing.
    I believe at first the only market will be on Main City. We may eventually have another market on Main North.

#34 andrewkm, Jun 19, 2019
  15. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Sorry if any of these questions were awnsered in the original post.

I assume Money will Transfer between Mains?

Do you keep your rank when crossing over, if so wont that lead to a Main2 not having that many towns, as who really wants a town on Main2 where people don't really play cause they wanna play Main1?

Do Mining/Nether/End worlds share or will each main have separate worlds?

Will there be a replica spawn on new Main? if so, any plans on how your dealing with Spawn Towns? Competitions, Giveaways, Bidding or just Whoever gets in first? :p

----

In Regards to Mining/Nether/End worlds for each Main, wont that be quite a considerable downtime redoing these every month? Or will they be staggered in some way to prevent everything being down with relinking world etc?

#35 Mission001, Jun 19, 2019
  16. xlqeyed

xlqeyed Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +11
    Read the post lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  17. EtherealSquid

EtherealSquid Former ServerAdmin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,155
    All of these are answered in the thread :p

https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/project-main-city-network.185139/#post-1020503

18. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    ---

Can both be interpreted as un-awnsered as they have second points to them, even if more bringing up a concern over a question. :p

#38 Mission001, Jun 19, 2019
  19. GeekGuy432

GeekGuy432 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +22
    Will mcMMO carry over from Main City to Main North and vice-versa?

20. EtherealSquid

EtherealSquid Former ServerAdmin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,155
    Ranks will be the same. If you've got 4 towns on Main City and you want a town on Main North, you'll be charged for Additional Town 5, unless Andrew decides to change something, I guess. From here on out I suppose you'll have to plan a bit as far as setting your towns, but keep in mind that Main City will always be the priority and highest-trafficked server. There will be significantly less towns on Main North compared to Main City until we really get a strong 200+ person playerbase going, and that's fine.

AFAIK, creating a new mining/nether/end is actually a pretty quick process - it's relatively easy to spawn a new multiverse world. The thing that takes time and lags the server is chunk filling - essentially, chunks are pre-loaded and all their blocks determined inside the world border to keep the server from lagging if someone decides to load chunks with reckless abandon. It does all that new player exploration slowly and carefully without a player, and that's why the server lags for a few hours after world resets. I'm sure Andrew will test whether it's possible to fill both servers' worlds at the same time without tanking the TPS, but if it does, he can always stagger them by a few hours and it should be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.