LWC Limit Error

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by NickySan99, Jul 2, 2020.

1. NickySan99

NickySan99 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +12
    Minecraft Username:
    NickySan99

Brief Description:
    Losing LWC protections. ( /climits is not displaying the correct number of /locks being used, thus unable to use all of my available locks)

Instructions:
    1. Place a chest and lock it with /lock
    2. Break the chest (I used a god axe)
    3. Sometimes it will not say "Chest unregistered" in the chat

How many times did you recreate this?
    I believe it happened 10 times total, but it has a very low percent chance of happening and I was unable to recreate the problem on purpose. (also didn't try a lot since I have a limited number of locks)

Result:
    The /climits number shown will be the same before and after a locked chest is broken.
    I am unable to use 'that lock' even though the chest has been broken.

Expected Result:
    As an example: If I were at 100/100 locks, and broke an empty double-chest (both of the chests), then my /climits would display and stay at 100/100 and I am unable to use /lock on a new chest since it says that I have exceeded my allowed number of protections. The expected result is the /climits decreases by one and I am able to use /lock on one more thing.

Evidence:
    I don't have any screenshots since they won't really show much, and I didn't screenshot when I broke a chest and it did not say that it was unregistered. (I wasn't really paying attention and didn't think much of it and I am too scared to attempt to do it again because of the risk of losing more locks)

To explain my situation: I was just moving chests around my plot, placing new ones at a new location, moving the items, and then breaking the old ones. I don't believe I locked anything in the wild and was in my plot the whole time. Basically after counting the chests at the end, they don't total to the proper number displayed in /climits. At first there was 1 lock not accounted for but I just thought it was something missing in the wild, but after moving my items it went to 5 un-accounted locks and then 10. I made sure to also count trapdoors, furnaces, etc on my plot. I also tried to test if /climits was just displaying the wrong number and I could still make locks. I did this by re-logging and also made a bunch of extra chests on my plot to get to the max number of locks (in-short, I was only able to lock 90 things on my plot even though the climits said i had 100)

About mid-way through moving my items I decided to use /unlock on the chests before breaking them, and this seemed to fix the problem since I didn't 'lose' more locks after that. BUT the persisting problem is still that I am 'missing' 10 locks.

2. NickySan99

NickySan99 Builder

Ratings:
    +12
    After looking into the problem more, I checked out the LWC website (https://minecraftonline.com/wiki/LWC) and found this:

Permissions are applied to the block, not the object itself, so if you protect a chest and then break the chest, the permissions remain set on the empty blocks. It is possible to remake the chest, or whatever, in that same location and it will still be under LWC protection.

I guess this means I am going to have to attempt to place chests in all of the previous locations and /unlock them before breaking them again. I'm still not quite sure why sometimes it does remove the lock permission. Nevertheless, I will add another reply with my results when I try this method.

(I guess I could technically remove all locks and just lock whatever I need; I'd rather avoid this method if I can)

#2 NickySan99, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  3. killrdarknes

killrdarknes The Final Act
    ECC Sponsor EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $93,445
    Ratings:
    +1,171
    Curious if you have any chestshops?

4. NickySan99

NickySan99 Builder

Ratings:
    +12
    I do not have any chestshops.

I was able to lower my /climits by 8, I'm still missing 2 of my locks.

I basically filled my whole plot with chests and some of the chests were already locked right after placing them, so I used /unlock and then destroyed them. Can't seem to find the last two 'air blocks' that are locked.

5. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    I cannot reproduce this with a god axe.
    You can always up your rank to get more protections added to your account. (Mayor, etc.)
    As well, at the end of every year we do an LWC cleanup which searches for void protections. This happens in December.