Denied Lower the price of additional towns.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kukelekuuk, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DD71

DD71 Mayor of Nashville
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +591
    I think that 250k for all towns 3 and up would be more than reasonable. People that are paying this much money for a town are more than likely going to be contributing more to the server by putting more work into their town than a resident getting a town mainly for the rank. I think its a win/win if it is lowered because 1. It is easier for presidents+ to get more towns to work on (and be official owner) and 2. More great towns are being built for the server.

Due to the current prices, once it costs 330k to buy a town, you'll just purchase from a resident. This means that for only 85k, a new town and mayor is added to the server, however, it is a big hassle for the new town owner because they are not the official owner.

This may even help bring more money out of the economy because presidents+ will be buying additional towns instead of mayor towns so that they can be the official owner and the resident will have to use their own money to rank up.

2. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,483
    Im all for lowering the price but you saying the pres+ might buy additional towns rather then mayor towns is puzzling.

I doubt most president+ who are buying Mayor towns for 60-80k will be convinced to get a additional town instead by dropping the price to 250k....?

3. donkey5k

donkey5k •| The Legendary Donkey |•
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +492
    Good Reasoning so +1

4. GStoner3

GStoner3 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +364
    Mission, I think the idea of making the "beyond #2" towns cheaper would make it more attractive and easier for presidents to make nations of original owner towns, instead of groups of towns bought from other mayors that can't be upgraded (warps, portals, etc.). At least, I THINK that was the idea ;)

It would also help those (like myself) that have returned to find they must start from scratch, with their "first" town costing the price of a third one (first towns claimed by Tycoon+)

#24 GStoner3, May 2, 2015
    Last edited: May 2, 2015
  5. DD71

DD71 Mayor of Nashville
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +591
    If you buy from a resident there is a good chance you won't be able to get town features in the future. However, if you purchase the town yourself you can get features much easilier. To me, and probably many others, the additional 170k is worth it to become original owner and it's also way more convinient.

6. OniFox_

OniFox_ Long live Valaria
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +583
  7. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ

Ratings:
    +6,925
    Bump. Additional towns are still too expensive.

8. zr2002

zr2002 Nub Moderator
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +3,161
  9. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    I'm in full support of this suggestion given that lowering costs for additions towns makes economic sense.

As for people wanting refunds, when the government cuts taxes, they don't give you a refund for all those years you paid higher taxes . That would result in a huge budget deficit that'd be unsustainable. Likewise, when the server cuts the price for towns, they don't give you a refund for all those towns you bought at the higher price. That'd result in large amounts of inflation, which is also unsustainable.

Giving everyone one a refund is unrealistic and not feasible. (Unless we're setting Venezuela or Zimbabwe as an example.)

10. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ

Ratings:
    +6,925
    A better example would be something like buying a computer. You buy a computer for $800, and after a year it's only worth $600. You're not going to demand the $200 back, that would be stupid.

11. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    Yeah, that's a pretty good example too. I'm just trying to point out that demanding a refund for something like this is completely ridiculous.

#31 UnitedStates2, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  12. xX3PICREBELXx

Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,608
  13. OctavianCloud

OctavianCloud Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +54
    Its not a question of running out of space. Its a question of to many towns not enough players. Its not very easy to unload plots anymore which is generally what many mayor+ people do with their towns. I personally think the price of towns should go up or be separated from ranks(like when getting mayor your not given a town). I currently have 3 towns all of which are very nice and have something to offer and reasonable prices for the plots but filling up the town isnt a easy thing to do as we simply dont have enough newer players joining and most people quit buying property in other towns once they have their own to do what they please with.

So the issue is really not enough is being done to make it so selling plots is important. It only takes a good week to get mayor if that and has always been that way. Problem as i see it is on this server everyone wants stuff instantly and cheap instead of actually working for something and coming up with new ways to make profits. Getting a town should be a early end game sort of thing, getting more towns should be late end game. Longer you play the more likely youll have money to use on more towns, as it is now is at least how it should be if not harder in the early stages.

A better change would be to allow people who buy towns to be able to fill out aps to ad portals and stuff like that without needing a transfer application. It dont hurt anyone if a warp is added to a town and helps the economy by draining some of the money. One thing that stops me from doing it is the fact i dont want to pay to transfer the town to myself nor rely on someone else to fill out aps for me either so im going the long route and buying my towns for myself (with the exception of 2 i was given). If your listed as the owner /rg i you should be able to do anything a owner could do on the town. There should be some confirmation thing if someone is going to take a owner off a town so its not abused by people though or a new category in /rg i with a official owner who is the person who owns the town (weather by purchasing from another player or placing for themselves and allow towns to be transferable in game this way)

#33 OctavianCloud, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
  14. ScopicX

ScopicX Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +854
    EDIT: +1: However, I think we should only lower the prices by 10-15%, don't go too extreme

Perhaps 200k, 230k, 260k, 290k, 320k, 350k, and 380k?

#34 ScopicX, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
  15. Jacob43365

Jacob43365 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $3,960,000
    Ratings:
    +495
    I really want this. More towns are really expensive to buy.

+1

16. Jackson_G14

Jackson_G14 ライアンは私の彼だよ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +850
  17. _light

_light Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +114
    -1 there is no point of this. The point of most towns is to have an active community. From research it seems this community used to flourish with vast amounts of active towns. As of now I don't see any for sale trades advertising towns, for new users. Now that could be because no one else plays and no new players are playing, or for your reason that prices are too expensive. However I think it is the first reason.

As well if you only want the town for personal gain the heck yea pay the 240k whatever it is now, until the town market is active again I don't think people really care for buying new ones even at a ridiculous price. It would be a shame to make the price of additional towns lower, then to have one day this server successful again, and have to raise the price of the towns. Until I see a revival in the town market I don't think towns have a meaning at all and therefore their value shouldn't be touched as it won't be worth it in the long run.

18. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,060
    Personally I'd just like to see us making the transfer process easier/cheaper, as this allows people to do more with the towns they already own.

People are still going to buy towns from residents-turned-mayors because no matter how we drop the price here we won't be able to beat the president price.

19. zorracraft

zorracraft Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +171
    +1 the price for adicional towns is huge, might as well buy then from residents that just whant the rank.

also extra towns dont lower the price of plots usaly people whant then for huge builds/projects

20. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,091
    Additional towns will not drop in price at this time.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.