Denied [Lobby Server Suggestion] PvP In Lobby (Outside Spawn)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by OConner1279, Jan 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    In Game Name:
    OConner1279
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Lobby Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    PvP In Lobby (Outside Spawn)
    What are you suggesting:
    Set the PvP enabled flag on the lobby region, but create a small 5x5 area around the lobby spawnpoint (1000, 64, 1034) where the "invincibility" flag is on.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Would make lobby more fun in the few brief moments between server restarts and the like. The very minimal implementation time and lack of drawbacks (particularly because people can just opt out by sitting at spawn or using the patron feat) means it can only be beneficial!
    Other information:
    There would be some other flags that would be added to make it work. (If they aren't already added)
    natural-hunger-drain Deny
    Fall-damage Deny
    Plugin or custom addition:
    WorldGuard
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #1 OConner1279, Jan 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  2. MisterMisterious

MisterMisterious President
    President ⛰️⛰️

Ratings:
    +10
    -1 not sure what to think of this. I feel like this is something that might seem fun, but gets annoying over time. Doing this across the whole lobby seems like too much to me especially since there is actually a lot of stuff in the lobby meant to be explored. I feel like having people be able to kill each other might take away from that. A dedicated pvp area in the lobby could be interesting, but this should definitely not be an opt-in, not an opt-out.

3. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    I can see a mirrored lobby where it's clearly marked as pvp and flagged no fly that you have to go into past the multiple warnings so new players don't get waylaid with no understanding, but not the whole actual lobby.

4. MatthewStevenGo

MatthewStevenGo Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $8,309
    Ratings:
    +571

I don't get why you should be PVP'ing even though the lobby is for you to navigate the portals that leads you to certain maps.

5. Gowther32

Gowther32 Goat Sin of Lust
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +107
    So for this I feel like it could be something implemented but not in the way that you've described, or as MisterMisterious put it, you would want the default to be something you have to opt-in to, not the other way around, so a small dedicated pvp arena addition. There are a lot of cool things to explore in Lobby already but I feel that there is nothing to really draw players to Lobby in the first place even as a way to transit between servers since you can just go via commands. It would be nice to add new additions to our Lobby server that are interactable like this but if so it should be integrated well.

I don't know if this has ever been suggested before but the lobby server could also be utilized as a space for events in general or perhaps a specific subsets of events to give it more attention, but whether or not we need or want to bring any additional attention to Lobby is something the community would have to get behind.

6. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    Lobby isn't a focus for gaming/community interaction, new players do not spawn there and we've never utilized it as a center of the network; that's actually the Main server.
    Its where users join only and if only they join on really old client version(before 1.12.2) and where we move users to during maintenance to keep people online and interacting.

That being said, we're not a PvP server and I don't see a need to add PvP to the Lobby for all of 5 minutes its used a few times a week at most.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.