Denied Let non donors leave trade chat

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by EraNow, Jul 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +778
    That's a good point, and you're not the first one to make it. So what about this:
    • the first message is free, then there's a 5 min cooldown;
      • if you send another message before the countdown, you are charged 10 ecd (or any amount sounds reasonable);
      • if you wait more than 5 min, the cooldown is reset and the first message again is free.
    In this way builders have a way to post for free: actually anybody has a chance to post for free, if they write one single message every 5 min. You can't write more than two messages every 5 min in any case, so being able to write for free only one every 5 minutes is not a big limitation.
    On the other hand, those who want to take full advantage of the "up to two messages every 5 min are allowed" rule, will be charged for each second message of their ads, and therefore they will be discouraged to post too often. Or they might chose to post only one message every 5 min, who knows? But in both cases the trade channel will be much less crammed, which is the whole point of this, without depriving poors of their right to post in trade channel.

p.s.: the 5 minute cooldown doesn't strictly have to be 5 min, it could be 10 min as well: I chose 5 min only because that's the same timing of the trade channel rule, but of course it can be calibrated to a different duration.

2. EraNow

EraNow President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,312
    I think everyone should post. I just this non-donors should have the option of leaving.

3. Blizzard_04

Blizzard_04 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +97
    -1000 I hate this idea! They could decide to donate

#23 Blizzard_04, Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  4. teofilovic

teofilovic Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +291
    Please elaborate. Without an explanation, that post means nothing.

5. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,098
    We will not be accepting this suggestion, however we are going to work at different ways to control the heavy amount of trade channel posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.