It’s been a great 8 years everyone. Vote for reset!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by andrewkm, Aug 23, 2018.

?

Should we still reset Main server while archiving the current one?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tanapeti

tanapeti Tycoon
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +27
    Well I guess there are 2 different outcomes, the one you describe and then one I imagined. However it cant get worse than what it is now. With like 0-8 players mostly afking in main I think that it is atleast worth the try. And as clar replied, we might have important changes too.

2. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,132
    Well, resetting the server could backfire and even less people could play, but my point is that I don't see the point in changing things when it's not likely to have any decent, long-term effect. I'm not even sold on the fact that it will have a short-term effect.

Perhaps we could have a trial period of say, a month or two, for the new server, and if it works then it will become the norm, and if it doesn't then we can act like it never happened. Of course this would mean no money in or out. Which I prefer regardless.

#42 12345shane, Aug 23, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  3. tanapeti

tanapeti Tycoon
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +27
    Alright I see your point, all im saying is that ECC main is so dead that any change would probably make it better as it really cannot get worse. Seriously the main server almost doesn't exist anymore, it is just those 50 people who play sb... don't know dude.

4. ShoutingRyan

ShoutingRyan Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +12
    Are you talking about nuking legacy/rising??
    Please don't do that. I just finished flattening a certain section a few months ago, and the other area is only partially completed.

5. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    It is true, main is dead currently. The fact is that skyblock has taken most of the players that were there (including me) due to the fact that these are the goal orientated and active players and right now prestige is in many of their sites. I personally plan (or planned) to return to main as soon as that goal is achieved.
    It is interesting that many of the original AEM players have started being active and creative on the main server, especially those that have played out their skyblock interests.
    It fascinates me how many players are so committed to coming back and being active if the essence of what ECC is (main) is gone and there is a new world to build on.
    How about just leaving main as it is, and build a new world (perhaps smaller) for those that always are wanting something new?

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    What?

7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    There will be a post Tuesday outlining what our future will look like. The TL;DR is I am proceeding with City Server project, and Archiving old main. I will attempt to bring back SG in a fun, one map, no kits way, and will continue with SkyBlock and VMR as usual. I do have a dev lined up for our 1.13.x updates so that as well should go smooth hopefully. KitPvP will not be happening right now as it was Jamie’s project and he’s retired, however that’s not to say I won’t be putting it together in the future :). I’d simply like to shift my focus to City Server and the reset. Everything will continue as usual, just need to get back to Canada on Monday (realized it was a bad idea for me). And then I’ll be back to work. For now this weekend I’m going to spend what time I have left here in Poland with family until my Monday night flight.

Super TL;DR - Several people come and go, but I’m not giving up on you guys, ever. Period. I love this community far too much regardless of what some may think.

• Friendly Friendly x 11
    • List
    #47 andrewkm, Aug 24, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.