It’s been a great 8 years everyone. Vote for reset!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by andrewkm, Aug 23, 2018.

?

Should we still reset Main server while archiving the current one?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matrix_rep

matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,451
    SG reset

2. Kick_Me_1235

Kick_Me_1235 Retired Mod
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,556
    Also this may not be popular but money shouldn’t be transferable for the first month or at all, and there should be awards for the first couple of people to reach ranks. (Res, Mayor, Pres, etc)

#22 Kick_Me_1235, Aug 23, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  3. zevzero

zevzero Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,847
    bring back SG!

4. block_crusher

block_crusher Prestige 6, Ex-Ecolegend, $ EcoLeader $
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +979
    Just checking if the medal will be kept.

5. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    May have a dev in mind for the 1.13.1 push. Won’t be cheap though.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #25 andrewkm, Aug 23, 2018
  6. PlatinumPurple

PlatinumPurple Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +1,314
    Personally, I think it's a great idea to move ahead with the City server. I think it would be a great way to refresh and restart, and lots of players are looking forward to it. It would also be a relief to get rid of the star tool market/crates, or at least, if that can't happen, reset it. Who knows, we might see a bunch of old rejoin, or attract a slew of new ones!
    Adding SG back in would be SO much fun. Would bring back lots of people.

Also I 100% agree with Kick's post above. City should be a NEW server where everyone has an equal start. I know that a lot of players (including myself) have invested more into building and star tools than they have money. While some players were building their forum balances and etc., others have been investing in build projects/nstars/star tools. Since those things now mean nothing compared to ECD, and aren't transferrable, would be nice to not give anyone a head start!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
    #26 PlatinumPurple, Aug 23, 2018
  7. Frostystorm1

Frostystorm1 BulletClub ︻╦╤─ | Former Senior Super Moderator
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,095
    KHobbits?

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. iSneaky

iSneaky This is a local server for local people
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,256
    Now that's a name I haven't heard in awhile.. .

• List
  9. pokeball92870

pokeball92870 PokeManiac
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,547
    Personally I believe the damages from the flaws of Main are irreversible to the point where even removing things such as Star Crates wouldn't be able to rectify the effects that they've already had. Thus, I've voted yes-- Main has reached an impasse- eclipsed by other, more efficient and entertaining methods of making money (I'm looking at you, Skyblock), I do not think Main is in a position to continue as it is, especially now that many older players have expressed an interest in a fresh restart.

While I may not be qualified to speak on behalf of the community, as I'm barely breaking a year and a half on ECC, I do think a common opinion among many of the dedicated, end-game players is that there is simply nothing to do anymore. A reset, while it may be a temporary fix going into the future, is the only realistic way of reviving EcoCityCraft's main attraction- the economy server.

Going into the reset, I'd like to see diversified ways of making money if our new potential dev makes it possible. I'd also like to see star crates gone, and perhaps experience gaining newer purposes with erepair being a thing. Perhaps, erepair can begin to cost ECD and non-donators can gain access to Anvils (really, there is not much of a reason to deny them in the first place, besides making a feature that not many people are interested in buying due to other alternatives such as erepair), giving experience a greater purpose again besides an outlet for nether stars. The wiki says it itself, erepair is an overpowered command for donators, one that could be mitigated by adding a cost. While some may be dissatisfied from erepair gaining this new cost, it goes ways to stimulate any kind of economy activity.

If chestshops replace trade signs, we need some way of moving experience again. Currently, chestshops only work for items. If we could make experience into some kind of tangible, item form, like a coupon or voucher containing x exp, we may be able to make it work.

One of the core problems that I saw in my time was the wealth gap between newer and older players. The possible removal of star tools as a whole may rectify this, as I've seen many players quit upon the realization that gaining these all-powerful items would take many hours of grinding. This, of course, is probably an unpopular opinion.

If we do proceed with a new City server, I think that in the position I'm currently in as SA, I could very well try to work with the staff team to make some community-oriented things return, such as City Spotlights, or these so-called events for spawn towns that someone mentioned earlier. I know without a dev we are not in a position where big things can be changed- that's okay. Your staff team can still help by emphasizing the community that gives ECC its spirit.

Sorry for my long, uncoordinated rant. Literally just typed out what was on my mind. Sorry if I sound like I'm complaining too much @andrewkm. I've completely read through https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/discussion-state-of-ecocitycraft.165073/ so I think I have some kind of idea of the problems on ECC. Will probably reply if I think of anything else.

• Agree x 6
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. tanapeti

tanapeti Tycoon
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +27
    I believe a complete reset is the way to go. There is nothing to do in ECC main anymore, no motivation, no new players, not even active users. Also, I agree with the people above requesting to bring back SG as it has been a big part of the server's economy and it can bring back old users as well as new members. I think that a new competitive economy would attract many more users that ECC's current "dead" state.
    I voted yes because I'm very optimistic about that reset.

11. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    I respectfully request that we simply restore to just before the nerf of our signs. Preferably before I broke nstar an eore signs before realizing there was a problem :D
    I personally have many goals yet to fulfill on the existing main, even though I see that others have given up. I would be back as soon as I finish my goal of getting Prestige on skyblock if it stays the same. Not sure what a new map would do for them since I don't see how they will be any more motivated now than any time in the last 2 or 3 or more years.
    Perhaps it would be possible to build another map (maybe named motivate?) making it much smaller - even 5kx5k with a very small spawn for those that want a new world to play in. Maybe reset that world every 6 months or so giving all new players a chance to be "somewhat even" and if they chose to create lasting projects be able to still play on main?
    Just for the record, my granddaughter Lily (7) has a town she loves working on and has plans for her town named after her. I have not had the heart to tell her that those towns mean nothing anymore :(
    As always andrew, I appreciate everything you have done and do for us every day to provide us a fun place to play minecraft.
    Jamie will be missed :cry:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. tanapeti

tanapeti Tycoon

Ratings:
    +27
    Well, there might be 2-3 people who still have goals in ECC and I understand that. However, ECC's economy cannot function without new players. Main is literally completely empty for long periods of time everyday. Just think about it: a new player decides to join ecc. What can they do? That player will just see 5-10 people (max) minding their own business and working on the own projects but how can those new players become interested? On the other hand, a new fresh and more balanced server will be more friendly to new users and at the same time, it will bring back motivation to many old users who have lost it.

13. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,132
    See, the problem is that main is dead, but it's ignorant to assume City is going to change anything. Skyblock hardly made a dent in the ECC population, and I find that more interesting than re-vamping the main server. I won't vote because honestly, it's going to be the same either way. It doesn't matter if they reset it or leave it. Sure, it will be a big new world and all reset... but tons of players have money in the bank to access and it's just going to be exactly like main for the wealthy ones. The gameplay will not be any more new or interesting for the average player. I don't see any point in resetting just in the hopes that it does something. That being said, I do agree something has to be done on ECC, although we are quite limited in that regard as a result of recent events.
    The nostalgic, 10-17 year olds in me want to leave main as it is, and the rationalist wants something to change, but I don't think either will make a difference. So I'll leave it to the majority.

Another alternative solution is to cull all of the star tools currently in circulation in order to fix the economy somewhat. Less of a drastic change that will still have a significant effect. Just thinking out loud here.
    Perhaps offer donation features in Main or SkyBlock in return for handing in star tools in order to avoid inflating the economy? I don't know. I feel like monetary returns would be a bad idea. Instead maybe we could offer a medal for trading in tools in an attempt to deflate the supply?

#33 12345shane, Aug 23, 2018
  14. tanapeti

tanapeti Tycoon

Ratings:
    +27
    In my view, a reset would bring back the plot-town based economy that doesn't exist anymore and was the thing that made ECC unique. I believe that star tools and forum balance should not be a part of the new server though. That way we would truly have a new economy, just like the old times.(my assumption ofc.)

15. 12345shane

Ratings:
    +2,132
    Would it though? I feel like the effort would just be in vain - everyone seems to prefer SB anyways.

16. jmichael214

jmichael214 Back Again, Apparently
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,837
    EDIT: OH, I'M AN IDIOT. I MISREAD THE QUESTION. I'm leaving my thoughts here, though, for what they're worth.

I'm in favor of resetting Main while archiving the current one. My opinion should be discounted, though, because I don't feel strongly about it, and I know that other people do.

Original post starts below this line:

Are you calling me old? @Nicit6

I agree, in part. Much of that interest, though, was in a new start in a City world while the old Main was kept as a sort of frozen relic, or maybe still buildable? I thought it was going to be called "Archive."

I think I'm a part of that class of one-time active players whom the server would like to bring back. I like the idea of a new start. BUT if I can't occasionally pop back over to Zenith, or Lancaster, and spend a few minutes remembering the way things used to be ... I'm not sure I would make that new start. Maybe I would, maybe not.

So let me pose a question, @andrewkm ... if you reset Main, meaning deleted everything, would you be willing to Worldedit a copy of major builds out of it first for those of us who would like to preserve them? In my case, that would really only be Zenith -- one 200x200, bedrock-to-sky WE, and you're done. Lancaster I could live without.

I'm a qualified yes vote on this idea -- I like the idea of starting over with nothing. ECC is not reality -- it is a collection of shadows on the wall of the cave, and one has to be able to let go of shadows, no matter how treasured or meaningful. But ... it would be nice to pop a copy of Zenith onto my hard drive somewhere, for old times' sake.

• List
    #36 jmichael214, Aug 23, 2018
  17. tanapeti

tanapeti Tycoon

Ratings:
    +27
    No I don't think the majority of the old players prefer SB. Its mostly the AEM people who were promised SB who play. And even the ones who do play SB it is only because main is literally dead. Im sure they prefer an active main server all the way

18. 12345shane

Ratings:
    +2,132
    That's the thing. I don't think resetting the server will revive anything. It might for a month, it might for a year, but it will not last very long and the effects will be minimal. I know something has to happen but is it even worth it if it doesn't change much? The problem isn't that old players prefer main, the problem is that old players miss when main was fun. This will just be a re-skin of the exact same experience but without any of your things. I don't see that as incredibly convincing or desirable personally.

19. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    No one said there wouldn't be changes to new main that Andrew can actually implement. If this happens I doubt it will be exactly the same.

20. KingNdm

KingNdm ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,495

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.