Ingame Auto Store?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BigDaddyD2536, May 17, 2011.

1. BigDaddyD2536

BigDaddyD2536 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    I remember one time on an old server I was trying out they had a similar feature we use with /balance and /sell . One thing the mod had that we don't was a /buy option from anywhere in the game.
    I think if this were to be implemented it would give more use for money in game besides just gaining Residency, Mayor, and Portals. It would also help out players who wish to build projects but not have the time to farm the countless stacks of whatever block item they need, not saying I'm one of these people, I'm on the server practically from the hour I wake up to the time I go to sleep :mrgreen:

2. Michaelwm

Michaelwm Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +28
    Well, in the old server the server store was rarely open, to give user economy a chance. it was a huge success, and doing this would automatically take away possible user economy, and make no sense for the Ecocity main store (the rubic, etc...) so i doubt it will happen choice wise and programing wise, as i think it may be un-programable at the moment.

3. MsMoofin

MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829
    I'm not sure a /buy will come in, because the server is meant for people to start an economy; that's why the server/ecocity chops aren't open very often. It is ECOcity (economy :3), and buying from other players and their shops is what we want. I dunno if /buy is a different plugin, either, but if it is, it might not work with what we have right now. o.o

Mike beat me. >_>

4. BigDaddyD2536

BigDaddyD2536 Builder

Ratings:
    +1
    I wish thinking of this after noticing the amount of people talking/bragging on the 10s of thousands of $$s they currently own, allow the players to clear their balance a bit if the stores aren't open. Have the price for buying be just about the same as it already is in the store, maybe even more if community ruled economy is what we're truly going for

5. Michaelwm

Michaelwm Builder

Ratings:
    +28
    it would have to be ATLEAST 1.5x the store price, and i dont think /buy would be programable... ;]

6. MsMoofin

MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829
    Those who have a ton of cash finally ran out of things to do, most likely.. So what would they need to buy, anyway? xD

7. BigDaddyD2536

BigDaddyD2536 Builder

Ratings:
    +1
    That's what I'm saying Kai :laugh: Give the players with no more means of money able to buy items, that way the money just doesn't sit on them, and they can still have fun and make a project or something!

And I definitely agree with an increase in how much it will cost. Maybe something like 75% more than what the /sell worth is.

It will also be helpful to those that run out of items in the middle of say a cave system, just /buy torch 64, $8.50. with the /sell being $6.40, the player doesn't need to leave his already made cave system they'll never be able to find again anyway, and they can continue on with their journey.

Maybe even have some items only available to Residents+

Just something I was thinking of is all :ugeek:

8. Michaelwm

Michaelwm Builder

Ratings:
    +28
    ^ what i was trying to say...

9. BigDaddyD2536

BigDaddyD2536 Builder

Ratings:
    +1
    Totally understand what you want to do now Andrew and Mike, gotchya. Definitely need to get shops from towns or a designated shop area for all residents to build though in my opinion. Allow the $$ to flow through the players nicely