How to make money

Discussion in 'Economy & Market' started by EraNow, Aug 27, 2014.

1. EraNow

EraNow President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,311
    So I recently saw a player asking for donations, and some advice on making money. It took them three weeks to make 5k, and I wanted to help them learn how to make more money in a much more efficient way. Our server is hard, if it was easy, it would lose it's staying power. Granted, there are still several ways to make money, and you don't need to spend 100's of thousands to do so. This can be done at any rank, without star tools, or even without donations. I just came up with some quick tips on how to make money.

Pumpkin Farming:

Best tool: Eff 5 Unb 3 axe (15k)

Yes, 15k seems like it might be a lot of money for you. However, keep doing what you're doing to put the dollars together, like you did to rank up, and eventually you'll have yourself a pumpkin axe. With this axe, you'll also want to buy what's called farm perms. Essentially, players make 200x200 towns in to giant farms, and players can buy access to those farms. Farm perms are very cheap, and you can sometimes get them on a payment plan. The only down side to this is it gets fairly annoying and boring.

Mining:

Best tool: Eff 5 Unb 3 Fort 3 pick (20k)

Mining falls under the "high risk, high reward" category. There is a lot of danger with mining, and without donations, it can be very easy to lose your items. If you do choose to go mining, I would highly suggest making sure you have around 40k to spend. You'll need Protection 4 armor, Fire Protection 4 armor, and Falling Feather 4 on the boots. Ontop of this armor, you'll need the pick in order to be truly successful while mining. Despite the high cost for getting started, taking this route can leave you at a nice profit of about $10,000 an hour, if you mine in the mining world.

For those of you who would like to add something, it'd be appreciated if you comment below :)

#1 EraNow, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  2. xHarambae

xHarambae President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +549
    Cocoa bean farming can make a lot. All you need is an axe, preferably diamond. With a good farm, you can make $20k/hour.

3. Hhozier

Hhozier President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +176
    With mining, if you don't want to spend so much money on good armor just press f3 on your keyboard. That way, when you die, you have the cords to your death :p

4. Bmanvman

Bmanvman Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +848
    For me as a builder I actually made all my money by doing small jobs, sg, and farming.

5. SnDxCH4RG3R

SnDxCH4RG3R |Technical Tycoon|
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +899
    Adding to what @shrinkwrap4me said cocoabeans are an easy crop to farm, especially for begginers. It's best to do with a diamond axe.
    If you're doing it semi-auto then water and gates are needed, but without paying someone to place the water and make the gates and without having to buy the donation feature(s) you can farm with an efficiency 5, fortune 3 axe. It'll make up in amount of cocoabeans and speed of breaking what it can't do: Harvest all at once (like water).

#5 SnDxCH4RG3R, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014