How To Make A Mob Trap!

Discussion in 'Basic Tutorials' started by Michaelwm, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Michaelwm

Michaelwm Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +28
    Hello there! As you may or may not know, Monsters have recently been added to the server! This means you can now create mob traps. In this thread, you'll learn all the basics of making on and be able to create a mob trap with 0 help.

Basics: Making a mob trap is fairly simple. The first thing you must create is a dark room, prefferably made out of cobble. This can be any size you like, but for this tutorial we will make a 24x24 area. Create walls connected to the edges. Just make sure the hieght is atleast 4 from ground to roof. Now, make platforms that are 2 from the ground, but they must be connected to it. For example:

[​IMG]

These cobble platforms must be 10x10 each. Put them in the corners of your trap. (Although we started with a 24x24 area, it should be 22x22 inside because walls should be built) This now means you have 2x2 trenchs leading to the center.

The trenchs should be 10 long until they reach a 2x2 area in the center. Now, what you do is put water at the end of each trench. This should mean that you now have a 2 empty blocks until you reach the center. go one block down and place water there. This should total 16 water placed. it should flow twords the center. Stop this by placing signs on the cobble platform beside the water. Now you should have a 2x2 square in the center with water flowing twords it and stoping in the center leaving an empty 2x2 area. Make this area a 23 long trench leading down. This is because our server has banned lava so we can not use lava to kill the mobs. Also, the reason why the trench is 23 is because fall damage in Minecraft is calculated with the formula FD = (NB - 3) /2 [NB = Number Of Blocks] And because each mob has 10 hearts, (23-3)/2=10, meaning the mob takes 10 damage killing it. 23 is the minium depth of the trench. Now, at the bottom of your trench place a chest. Then, lock the chest with /cprivate or /cpassword, etc... After locking it, use /lwc flag magnet on and right click your chest. This will make the chest a magnet chest. Any items that are droped 3 spaces away from the chest will go inside it. Meaning the mob falls and dies, and the item instantly goes inside the chest. Then, just open your chest and take the items. Your mob trap is now complete! Thank you for reading this tutorial.

2. Starbolt79

Starbolt79 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You sure like the metallic things in Photoshop, don't you :p

3. welikeike22

welikeike22 Dean Martin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +987
    Very nice!

I myself did something along the lines of this, but instead of having a wide open space in the center, i had a group of Hatches which would be activated by a lever so i could manually open and close them, making it so that i could have a controlled time when mobs would fall into the hole. If i wanted to just let them all fall in the hole, then i would simply open the hatches and leave them open while i was away. It can be fun just sitting there with a group of zombies staring at you, and you deciding when they would fall.

4. mackbmx123

mackbmx123 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +19
    Nice Tutorial mike :D
    Anyways, I am going to be making one but i need some help from you :p
    As you know how stupid i am ill pay ya to make me one of these
    Thanks, Mack