Hi Everyone - I have some questions.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZionsRodeVos, Oct 13, 2011.

1. ZionsRodeVos

ZionsRodeVos Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    I just joined a couple days ago and so far am enjoying EcoCityCraft. I am also finding that I now have another learning curve to get over with all the features that have been added.

I must say I like the Eco dollar system even though I am poor right now. I've read a number of threads about the server and have spoken to a few people in game. I've read a lot about the wild being prone to griefing. Thankfully, I haven't seen any yet and am starting to earn money with my farming efforts - in the wild of course. I have an 18 x 18 square area for crops and have about half of that planted right now. I also have a lot of sugar cane planted around a pond. I suppose I should just ask for the $2,000 bonus I read about in another thread and go buy me a plot in a town.

Some questions that come to mind are how big is the biggest plot I can expect to be able to buy in a town assuming I have the money? Could I get a 27 x 27 plot? Or 81 x 81? Yeah, I build big farms.

If I want to can I buy plots in multiple cities? Or is that not recommended? I probably wouldn't unless I find two cities I really like or if I can't buy a plot the size I want in one city. Also can someone tell me which cities generally have people in them in the evenings for the Eastern Time Zone and on Saturdays and Sundays. Too me, there isn't much point in joining a city with few people unless it is a new city. Just like the reason I join servers is because I want to be able to do things with other players and not just on my own. I tend to do both, sometimes I farm, and sometimes I like doing cooperative builds.

Will I be able to get more money for my wheat if I sell to players rather than the server?

Are there cities run by different mayors that are connected by roads?

I looked at the tutorial about getting started. That is a wonderful idea and I hope it gets finished soon. I am interested in the best way to find a town where I will fit in. Anyone have any pointers for me?

2. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    Well plot sizes are different for every town.
    Ex. My town Nox' biggest plot is 26x33 (not for farms though) and it costs 8.5k
    but if you were to ask mayors/presidents ingame I'm sure you would find a good sized plot.

Multiple cities.
    You can have houses in multiple cities but If your main purpose is to farm then I would recommend a town with a big plot.

And about the selling of items.
    If its wheat turn it into bread and sell it to other players Reeds on the other hand should be sold to the server because people wont buy reeds.

And about the roads.
    Roads are not made most of the time due to the fact that they can be griefed.

and if you want to co-build with people then you should invite some friends to this server.

3. ZionsRodeVos

ZionsRodeVos Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for answering my questions. I think I did ask about plot sizes in game but no one replied. So I decided to try here.

Do people really grief that much? I mean if you build a road that is 3 wide and 400 blocks long out of gravel, would someone really come onto the server and spend the time to remove it all?

4. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    if its something people put their time in and if its easily reachable then yes

5. Jetscat

Jetscat Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +995
    *Edit Kuk post

No life pepole also do this, if you are just joining the server to grief does not make much sence to me, but it still happens :/

6. MsMoofin

MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829
    For your question about an active town, I'm not entirely sure. Berlin, right outside of Spawn, seems to have people there often. Right now Berlin has a problem where your game will crash and freeze any time you log back on, if you had logged out there, though...

I'd try looking at the livemap and seeing where people hang out town-wise; most towns are outlined or have tons of plots set up side-by-side, and often a big building. :] Towns aren't listed on there, but you can always ask one of the people there which town they're at.

7. antcubing

antcubing Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +58
    ppst Eltos portal

8. ZionsRodeVos

ZionsRodeVos Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    I think someone found my farm and harvested all the wheat. Oh well, I'll replant and hope they don't come back.

What does ppst mean?

9. Rezonl

Rezonl Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +27
    I think he meant it as a whisper, psst?

10. ZionsRodeVos

ZionsRodeVos Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I feel silly thinking it was something else. I think I did what he meant anyway. I went through the Eltos portal last night and found antcubing there. I now have a small plot there. Now I've got to get busy and earn a lot of Eco Dollars.