GUI Vote Bug

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by ringthane, Aug 2, 2021.

1. ringthane

ringthane President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $1,503,141
    Ratings:
    +11
    Minecraft Username:
    ringthane
    Brief Description:
    The vote GUI is very very laggy. This is causing annoyance, but the real problem is that it gave me more nstars than I was actually able to buy
    Instructions:
    1. Wait for ./vote to lag a ton.
    2. Make sure you have votepoints
    3. Go to buy an nstar and spam the green block (The yes button)
    How many times did you recreate this?:
    I was told to post this by a mod, and it seems like a possible exploit. I don't want a ban, and I'm not comfortable recreating this. It also seems like had I been trying to exploit this, that I could have received way more. Especially if you save like 50 votepoints, I think you'd be able to make it lag enough to give you almost double what you earned.
    Result:
    It was supposed to let me purchase 3 nstars but allowed me to purchase 5. I have a feeling it was lagging to bad deduct my votepoint balance, thus allowing me to purchase more than I had points for.
    Expected Result:
    Buying the right amount of nstars
    Evidence:
    No evidence other than me putting the 2 extra nstars in a separate chest for someone to come take them if needed.

2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Can confirm

I also want to add that there is no chat notification after you vote on each site to confirm the vote went through. I thought I wasn't getting the voting reward, but after checking, I am still receiving the rewards. So, the notification might be tied into the /vote gui bug(s) as well

#2 Jdawger, Aug 2, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  3. ringthane

ringthane President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $1,503,141
    Ratings:
    +11
    After voting today, it showed I had one votepoint. As opposed to the normal 7. It allowed me to purchase nstars like normal. I wonder if the vote gui is just showing the wrong amount of votepoints as opposed to some type of exploit

4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    We have just made some improvements to the voting system that should prevent this happening.
    I get notifications after voting just fine.
    [​IMG]
    Keep us updated if issues persist.
    We had some major caching issues, amongst others which should now be resolved.

5. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Yeah, idk what the fk was happening on my end or the voting end, but I am getting notifications now, so it’s fixed I guess lol

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Thanks for letting us know.
    Unfortunately the voting system is once again broken.
    ETA on fix is about 24-48 hours.