[Gold Ingots]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mattybillo1, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Intellectualist

Intellectualist Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +470
    I'm tired of this back and forth blabber. I think this, you think that, I'm done debating (believe it or not :p)

2. mattybillo1

mattybillo1 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +117
    I enjoy debating and this is pretty much what you are supposed to do on suggestions debate about what they are saying.
    You choosing to stop debating, suggests you have no real reply to what I said. It is a way out.
    ^
    |
    Off topic. GOLD INGOTS RULE!

3. Intellectualist

Intellectualist Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +470
    Matty, debating is my FAVORITE thing to do. We could go back and forth about this for days. I believe this, you believe that.
    I'm not getting out.

It's like religion. You believe this, they believe that.

4. knears2000

knears2000 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,958
    I find this arguing unnecessary. I don't think andrew would want to see this.
    Fact:
    Farming is much more profitable than mining and MOST LIKELY always will be that way.
    Opinion:
    Gold should go up (Which does need a little bump)
    I rest my case.

5. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +946
    Unless theres a reset. For about 5 hrs mining is better :)

6. mattybillo1

mattybillo1 Builder

Ratings:
    +117
    Please explain why farming should always be more profitable, there is no reason why. This is what this suggestion is really about not just gold ingots but giving mining a price bump so you can make more off mining.
    In the case of the debating, which you called arguing, that is the purpose of this forum to debate about ideas not just to post +1.

7. mattybillo1

mattybillo1 Builder

Ratings:
    +117
    Mining is never better, even if there is a reset. Money is judged on how much you make in a hour. Even if you have infinite unexplored caverns, you would still make more pumpkin farming.

8. Intellectualist

Intellectualist Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +470
    Bumping gold ingots up 2 dollars won't make mining tons more profitable. It's more like the server giving you an extra dollar for each vote. It won't make it much more profitable. In the long run Maaaaybe, but barely noticeable.

9. mattybillo1

mattybillo1 Builder

Ratings:
    +117
    I get around 40 Gold Ingots in a hour mining, that is $400 to the server. If gold was $15 - the maximum I suggested - that would become $600 an hour which can make a real difference.
    I also hate how you logic for believing this suggestion shouldn't be added is it doesn't make much difference. Just because the difference isn't massive it should still be change if it is going to have positive effect. And you agreed it would have a positive effect on the server.

10. Intellectualist

Intellectualist Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +470
    "Positive effect" is a matter of opinion. It might have a positive effect on your balance, but it might just deflate the value of the ecodollar even more. People are trying to take money OUT of the economy, not put it IN. So it might just be a negative effect. You can't add a suggestion based solely on the fact that you think it's a "positive effect".
    If the masses see ALL the pluses and cons and agree mainly on one way, good or bad, then I'd say that in ECC it's a good reason to add something. But Andrew has the final word in everything.

11. mattybillo1

mattybillo1 Builder

Ratings:
    +117
    I am not claiming a positive effect the many posting on this suggestion are, plus my reasoning is. If the server is scared of inflation they would lower the money made farming. The masses have agreed mostly on good on this suggestion. Suggestions are added when you can prove a positive effect which I have using evidence such as money made per hour and how it will make mining a more competitive way of making money.
    I am sorry but this is the most stupid post you have made, I enjoyed debating with you, but this is too far. Everything you said has been proved wrong, the masses agree, if inflation was an issue farming would be targeted, you also suggest this is helping my balance yet before you claimed this makes no difference. You contrast you own ideas. You do not seem to looks at logic but more proving people wrong, I rightly listed positives and negatives of raising gold ingots you seem to never agree with any positives, even though the evidence is there, and only attempt to prove people wrong, you do it on other suggestions too. You only aim is too argue and prove people wrong and not use logic to decide whether it is a good suggestion or not. In regards to this suggestion, you cannot disagree mining makes less money than farming and it would be fair to close the gap between farming and mining and this would help do that.

12. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader

Ratings:
    +946
    Well not really,I found lots of spawners and temples yesterday., but I agree gold is SO rare it Definatly needs a huge bump so +1

13. 38833

38833 Builder

Ratings:
    +28
    Why is this thread not being addressed?
    It hasn't been addressed by a single mod.

14. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    What do you mean with addressed?

15. xX3PICREBELXx

Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,608
    I think he means that this thread has so many likes yet nobody who can do anything about the prices has commented on it.

16. Jetscat

Jetscat Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +995
    They don't have to comment to make a decision. He could just be ignoring the thread because he disagrees with it. Or maybe andrew hasn't made his mind up? Likes aren't much, arguments are what matters most. Andrew may have yet to be convinced on why this should be added.

#116 Jetscat, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  17. 38833

38833 Builder

Ratings:
    +28
    Ok, now a mod has posted.;)

18. knears2000

knears2000 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,958
    I thought you were arguing, not debating. Farming is just more reliable than mining. That is what I think, but gold as I said earlier in the post does need a bump. I also never said that farming should be more profitable as well.

#118 knears2000, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  19. RyanBlocks2

RyanBlocks2 EcoLeader

Ratings:
    +946
  20. Schwungrad

Schwungrad Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    As long as there are users buying gold ingots for more than the server price, there's no need for a price change. Server price is for items that have no significant demand from users (like pumpkins - apologies to everyone who is actually building a pumpkin pyramid), but should still be able to serve as a source of income to users.

Furthermore, exactly because gold is so rare, it's not a good idea to increase gold price if your goal is to give mining an advantage over farming. Increasing redstone from 2.50 to 3 or coal from 1 to 1.50 would probably increase the average profit of one mining run more than increasing gold from 10 to 20.