Ghost players (or shomething)

Discussion in 'Skyblock' started by Expipiplusone, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +778
    Well, I'm not even sure this is strictly related to Skyblock, as I haven't been playing for a while and maybe it's happening on the main servers as well. Here's the thing: I see ghosts.
    Every once in a while, I've seen something that looks like a player hopping around me: I tried saying "hello" in local chat, but they don't answer (but this could just mean they're trolling).
    They look like players, with a name above, but 1) they're partially transparent, 2) they fly and, most important, 3) they don't move like human players: they seem to mirror my movement, in an oddly temporized way.
    I recall at least 3 episodes where this happened and in 2 cases the name and skin shown were different (can't recall the first one, wasn't paying too much attention).
    I tried to punch one, and it seemed I could hit it, but... well, after hitting and hitting again I forgot I wasn't on main server and, well, I fell like an idiot into the void.
    So: what's this shit? Am I being hallucinating? I tried to google this, but apparently "ghosts on skyblock" (and similar) are not the right keywords.
    Thanks!

#1 Expipiplusone, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  2. soyuzpixel

soyuzpixel Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +826
    its to do with anticheat, its some sort of render thing they run to check scenarios is my guess. if you kill one you get kicked with the error 035 which is anticheat kiiaura kick so my guess is they are there as part of the anticheat.

3. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Building Fanatic
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,755
    I'm also getting this a lot now and it only started yesterday.. First it was TheWhiteFang123 and the 12345Shane and then other players xD and they stay around for a long time!

4. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +778
    @TheWhiteFang123 and @12345shane are real players, so maybe they can confirm or contradict the fact they were actually around @OlympiansAreGods? I mean, if they say they were not (assuming this is not a huge prank), then it must be some sort of thing @soyuzpixel is talking about (but I wonder why it uses actual players' usernames)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #4 Expipiplusone, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  5. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,132
    I wasn't. I can assure you, with complete certainty, that they have to do with anticheat.

6. JokerBoss99

JokerBoss99 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +529
    A list of online players is provided to the anti cheat, from that the anticheat decides to choose one randomly. The ghosts used to not be as prominent but for some odd reason we’re able to see them more frequently :\

7. PapaDwaggy

PapaDwaggy Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +23
    Yeah, they are the anticheat, but if I see them I fly off my island and they fly into the void, it's hilarious to see XD