[Fish Price]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jasoni12, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasoni12

jasoni12 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +78
    This is a request to raise fish prices not a thread to post how to make money

2. 38833

38833 Builder

Ratings:
    +28
    Ok, here's my honest opinion.
    jasoni12, you're being really angry at people telling you "how to make money". What I believe they're addressing is that not having fishing is not the end of the world in ECC and that it wasn't a good way to make money anyway. Also, posting screens and debating up and down about why mining is so terrible doesn't help this thread discuss fish prices. Anyway, let me comment on the issue.

Fish at $10 is fine, but could be improved. Autofishing was so common when fish were $50 that those people would just rack up on money. It was great for all of the people who were not autofishers, but due to the massive amount of them, they were lowered to $10 to stop the money-making. As some of the other people stated, raising fish significantly would cause more fraud and illegitimate ranking (no work involved) and make headaches for the staff. However, raising fish to $25 would be fine for a poor way to make money, and would still stop the autofishers. Another thing to do would be to raise the mcmmo exp for fishing.

That's my honest opinion on fishing. However, (note to all) being angry or rude doesn't belong in a price discussion.

#62 38833, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  3. jasoni12

jasoni12 Builder

Ratings:
    +78
    Can andrewkm please respond to this suggestion of bumping price of fish to $15-$25 please? Thank you and I hope you accept this suggestion ;)

4. xX3PICREBELXx

Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,608
    Why should he, you have no valid reason on why he should.

5. mattybillo1

mattybillo1 Builder

Ratings:
    +117
    Fish will not get a rise andrewkm said so himself.
    Auto-fishers can set up to make like 5k an hour even if they were just raised to like $20. Just imagine fish never got a rise they used to be $5 and no one took any notice of fish even existing, just imagine we are back then. People say you require a mix of ways to make money put fish should not make as much as others forms of money making as you require very little tools just a fishing rod and a lake.

6. Matberry

Matberry Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +66
    I auto-fished. If it means the whole of ECC can fish again at a decent price, I'll stop.

7. mattybillo1

mattybillo1 Builder

Ratings:
    +117
    I can guarantee you were not the only one. There were builder who entered the server notice how much fish were worth so auto-fished. They would not stop until it isn't worth doing which is why fish are now $10 and will most likely stay that way.

8. jasoni12

jasoni12 Builder

Ratings:
    +78
    No reason to be a Debby Downer :p

9. xX3PICREBELXx

Ratings:
    +2,608
    I don't think stating facts is being a "debby downer"

10. jasoni12

jasoni12 Builder

Ratings:
    +78
    You can think that :p

11. mattybillo1

mattybillo1 Builder

Ratings:
    +117
    May I ask how pointing out the truth about fishing makes me a Debbie Downer. It is hardly depressing.

12. jasoni12

jasoni12 Builder

Ratings:
    +78
    You seem %1000 sure that andrewkm will never ever ever ever ever raise fish prices and that I'm crazy to think so.

13. advocaite

advocaite Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +24
    jasons ust but hurt he cant fish his pay to top (proberly a auto fisher too)

im so against mods i think minecraft should send a paket to server when logging in stating what mods your using or a request from server to uuer to look at mods installed if you have a banned mod in use then you cant logon to that server i know this is not something ecc cant fix, only hope mojang have balls enough to do it not hard to code either. with it will come a massive ban wave and untill mods are uninstalled you can log back in type thing but anything after would mean your perm banned thats just my personal opinon the botters and moders ruin the game for everyone who plays it how it comes when you update it.

i know alot of cheaters/modders/botters will be against this but any normal person knows if it wasent in game to start then its a unfair advantage period

BLAME THOSE PEOPLE FOR PRICE stop complaining as it will not be raised andrewkm has stated it all ready

14. xX3PICREBELXx

Ratings:
    +2,608
    We think they won't be rised because of facts and stuff Andrewkm has said. You're making suggestions calling us "debby downers" because we disagree with you.

15. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    jasoni, these people are stating facts and explaining why the price got lowered, they are being serious, don't make fun of them and do take them seriously. Comments like these are not tolerated, I request you don't make comments like these any more.

16. kukelekuuk

Ratings:
    +6,925
    It's really easy to hide mods, hacks, etc.
    Most of those hacking mods either use heavily frameworks, or even code without a modding framework (forge, modloader, etc)

This is something no one can do anything about, not even mojang.

17. advocaite

advocaite Mayor

Ratings:
    +24
    that is where you are so wrong my friend so wrong, do you even understand the concept of hashing and file comparisions for multiplayer games, for example when you login to mojang, it could easy compare the size of official version of the jar and compare it with the one on your computer and then set a flag of some sort witch can be read by the server by issuing a new command.
    Mod loader, mcpatcher, forge are there to make installing/creating mods easier so it is not hard at all and before you say oh they can then change the hash that is so but if the hash is stored on mojang side you would need to hack mojang to stop hack or hide it.

Research some more, there are many games that do this its not impossible nor is it hard to code in for mojang.
    really hate when people are so one track minded if you can figure the logic behind theroy then it can be programmed( trust me of my 5+years using mysql and phpp ajax and js i have learnt many things and most of it is due to logic.
    you of all people should know this radthorn if you can use php and simple js like you do on your main site then you should understand that is is possible

#77 advocaite, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  18. kukelekuuk

Ratings:
    +6,925

Minecraft is a game based on mods, what you say is blocking ALL mods alltogether.
    The hash is different for each mod setup you use, you can even install some mods in a different order and you'll get a different hash (mods that use the same files)

I was talking about how it would be impossible to single out one mod and disable it.

And we're getting off-topic here..

#78 kukelekuuk, Jan 26, 2013
  19. advocaite

advocaite Mayor

Ratings:
    +24
    you can do so by checking %appdata% /romaing/.mincraft//mods ( ithink) is where most legit mods keep settings and have a directory for stuff mod needs, so it can be done by allowing it to check there, if its not a accepted mod then wont allow you, this would mean those that want there mods accepted would make sure there mods are listed in the mod directory. stuff that is hidden 90% of time is for a advantage with out being detected that itself is unfair then bukkit could have a plugin made to detect and or allow certian mods if not ask you remove them while on server

see where im going it can be done just its more about mojang not giving 2 craps about it and or community want a fair multiplayer experience

#79 advocaite, Jan 26, 2013
  20. kukelekuuk

Ratings:
    +6,925
    You may have a lot of experience with php, mysql, ajax, other webstuff.
    I'm more familiar with minecraft mods and java.

The mods in the mods folder thing is because modloader and forgemodloader allow the loading of external mods that use ONLY their API, while a lot of mods still edit base minecraft code. Like CJB, Optifine, Unbelievable shaders, VRchat, better fonts, a whole lot of singleplayer mods, a lot of APIs, etc.
    Meaning you can't simply block mods unless the author of said mod specifically implements it AND has a plugin that works with that function.

Things are not as simple as you perceive them to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.