Events!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rezonl, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Rezonl

Rezonl Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +27
    I would love to see a new staff rank, Events Team. Firstly, we would dedicate a large portion of our map into an Events Center. This events center would have a warp, from spawn to the center. Inside, there would be portals to other games, which I have not yet decided but would love your feedback. The ET (Events Team) would send alerts to the general public, and call 1 - 2 - 3 times for players to join. The ET would then organize the event, (Manually if there aren't any plugins we can find) and automatically if there are plugins we are able to find. After the event starts, whether it be a team game or solo, the winning party will receive ___$. After each SOLO event, the ET is responsible in recording the amount of wins that user has, manually either on a non-client side program such as excel, or recording it on a sign in the "hall of fame." Hopefully, we will be able to get a custom plugin made for us that allows us to record wins/losses and be able to teleport people to the right places. This would be nice, because the ET would be able to broadcast type: /join event 1 to play! Then, the players would be warped to the designated area for the event to start.

(Side Note: If there is a plugin that can clear out everyone's inventory prior to the event starting, that would be really, really crucial.)

Sort of a ramble, so I'm going to post what this scenario would look like:

step 1: ET picks an event out of the pool of already created events.
    step 2: ET broadcasts "To join ____ event type /join event 1 - First Warning" Etc.
    step 3: If it is a solo event, such as a jumping activity, all players should have been warped to the start point. We could use our EXT creations to create a gate of some sort, or have a plugin to ensure that we all have the same starting time.
    step 4: Winner of the event receives ECC$ and gets a tally, or win on their profile. Hopefully we will be able to type in something like /et wins. It would show your rank, similar to /mc top. We could also branch out these rankings to every event we create.

IDEAS FOR EVENTS:

Snowball Fight: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fun-sn ... -r1.44895/
    Using this plugin, we could have a free for all snowball fight! Suiting with the theme of winter, the 2 main damaging tools would be your fists, or the snowballs. If we could somehow give every player 64 snowballs, this event would be fun. Last player standing wins the event.

Spar Tourney
    Each player types a command to enter themself into the tourney. The ET then organizes brackets and tps 2 players to the arena at a time. The tournament ends the finals are done. The fight consists of wooden swords and no armor.

Jump Quest:
    Self explanatory.

So guys, please tell me what you think of the idea. Suggest more events. And, if this does get implemented, I would love to be an ET ^_^

+rep if you like this idea!

2. ShadowFire_11

ShadowFire_11 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +3
    Me too! Great Idea Rez!

3. Rezonl

Rezonl Builder

Ratings:
    +27
    Added a spar tourney!

4. hokingyeung

hokingyeung Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +0
    nice idea rez :)

5. jm777

jm777 Builder

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe there could be team based events, like capture the flag, or castle sieges. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46vweS1jtYk[/youtube]
    Just an idea.

6. welikeike22

welikeike22 Dean Martin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +987
    Castle siege is more than possible, especially since its been done on this server before. We had a whole town dedicated to it, but the game was only successfully played once, and that was over the summer.

7. Jetscat

Jetscat Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +995
    Be fun for sure, I may be setting up a perm city towards pvp.

8. Rezonl

Rezonl Builder

Ratings:
    +27
    Top of sprite city will be CTF i think.

9. scottyang1323

scottyang1323 CATS and President
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +31
    Awesome idea

10. Rezonl

Rezonl Builder

Ratings:
    +27
    Thanks for the positive feedback :)

11. D0rc

D0rc Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +110
    I kinda like the idea, but it seems like lots of work to do. I do really want to see more server events though.

You talking about Shiro? :p
    I kinda want to pick that up again... Might get a new town for it if someone else isn't already doing it.

Back on topic. Yeah, I would love to see more server events, but adding ranks/work for people doesn't sound like it would be easy. Needs to be more hosted by the server, more automatic, without anyone needing to start it themselves. (Unless people type a command and it enters them, when enough people enter, the game starts. That would work.) Seems like too much work to add a rank.

12. arb_67

arb_67 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +8
    Wow, amazing idea, I totally vouch for this being added

13. Rezonl

Rezonl Builder

Ratings:
    +27
    I would just like to see more mass player events, i'm tired of seeing only groups of 3-4 people, I'd like to see massive amounts of people having fun doing events. Anyways, thanks for the compliments :)

14. anthraxhd

anthraxhd Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree we should totally have this!!!

15. Rezonl

Rezonl Builder

Ratings:
    +27
    I would like andy to respond/reply to this :O

16. Xthinker

Xthinker Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    How about spleef!

17. Zaphod__

Zaphod__ Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, I think it is especially important, as rez said, that this event location be located in another realm with a different set of rules. I know that its frowned upon to talk about other servers but to get an idea of how this could work, here's a quote from the another server that mentions their event world.

"The event world is our newest world a is home to most of our servers Events and Games. In this world you can not bring in or take out any items making it possible for the Administration to spawn or give items to players without the worries of damaging the fragile economy. Build-Offs, Capture-The-Flag Matches, and Adventure Quests can be set up in this world and can be played and enjoyed by all!
    The event world in short is a unique world made to host a wide variety of events and games not possible in our servers main map such as build-off competitions, (with Spawned items, solo & teams), Capture the Flag / War, and many other possibilities. Because of this ability and freedom to use and build with spawned items, inventories will not carry over from our servers main world to the event world and vise versa."

keep in mind that i do not mean to offend our server by making illicit comparisons to another, but i think its valuable to see that this can be done, and would be successful.

18. Rezonl

Rezonl Builder

Ratings:
    +27
    Sounds good, I personally think if this were to be implemented that we have a seperate world just for events, in which items cant be brought back and forth and all commands like /md, teleports be disabled.

19. Michaelwm

Michaelwm Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +28
    I know your not trying to advertise another server, but please try to leave out parts about other servers names. I edited your post

On topic: I love this idea :D!

20. Rezonl

Rezonl Builder

Ratings:
    +27
    Well second over view on this suggestion:

We should have another world for this, the event realm. Items can't be transferred back and forth and teleport commands will not be able to be used. Another world with new limitations will be the only way this will be able to work.