Sticky Event Suggestions and Feedback!

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by ClarinetPhoenix, Apr 24, 2020.

1. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    EcoCityCraft always strives to provide a plentiful variety of fair-play events and we are always looking for new ideas and we are always looking to improve on our current and recent events!
    After all, we are here to provide fun, free stuff, competitions, tournaments and in general a fun break from the day to day grind. :)

Do you have an idea for an event you think might be lots of fun? Post it here, the more detail the better but we want to hear from you either way!

Did you participate in one of ECC's recent events? Leave some feedback about it here!
    Did you enjoy the event? Was it fun and easy to participate in? How well was it run? Do you have any suggestions for this event in the future?

Please feel free to post and discuss anything events related below.

We look forward to hearing from you!

#1 ClarinetPhoenix, Apr 24, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  2. SplayTick

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +75
    I think, especially with the warmer weather coming (and carnival season), an ECC carnival would be kinda cool. We could have games and other things set up. Maybe a dunk booth to dunk andrewkm. Pay ecd or nstars depending on the games to be able to play for the prizes. I know, this isn't exactly detailed but there are so many things that could be added to something like this for it to work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    Do I need to post my event suggestion that I sent you in forum pms here again or?

4. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    Nah ur good. This is just a more visible way for people to get ideas to me.

5. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Remember the MidSummer event that outerlocal and Joliver made in 2016? We should do something like that again.

6. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Why not plan it? Not a snide comment, but there was very minimal planning on the staff side with that. Joli approached us with a plan and some very specific asks, which we approved and we're were able to get for him. Holograms, some kits, some exclusive items for a special event. All it took was asking.

• Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  7. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I will make a detailed plan if there is any interest tyvm. Didn’t know I had to make a detailed list before dropping an idea.

#7 Jdawger, Apr 24, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  8. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    If that came across as rude, I apologize. I was just trying to point out that staff have been able to help facilitate player events - even when the players proposing it aren't staff themselves.

9. Halosoda

Halosoda Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +17
    Id like for build competitions to be a bit more frequent (once a month at the most) they would have a week long build period and the themes can range from holidays, align as something similar to another occurring server event, or builds/designs people have a need for so they can take a look at what the contestants did and find the builders they want for their town or project.

10. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    Let me add a bit of spice to that. We could have a build competition that involves people recreating landmarks around the world. I would find this very interesting to see a building we all know be interpreted in a different way by some creative builders.

While some may be worried of copying and people using tutorials etc. I feel like the builders for this landmark building contest would be awarded more on the individuality of the build rather than making it the most realistic and the most like that particular landmark.

11. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    how would u even grade that though? Make an Eiffel Tower but in your own way?
    Then may as well make the comp related to towers in general...

Doesn't make tooooo much sense. The theme should be ultra broad for the grading system to make sense

12. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    For example, using /warp air as an example a steampunk version of the eiffel tower or a colourful Christ the redeemer statue or even a rustic sydney opera house.

13. _Sharpy

_Sharpy Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $348,740
    Ratings:
    +652
    What would be interesting is if there was like a sweepstake on what country you get and then you have the freedom to pick any landmark from that country. The build that wins is the most realistic/most representative of the actual thing irl.

14. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    Instead of the traditional snow blocks for spleef experiment with slime blocks or honey blocks? Or a different type of block I guess would be fun to see!

Slime blocks are also insta break so wouldn't need to be dishing out silk touch shovels.

#14 xboyfernz, May 9, 2020
    Last edited: May 9, 2020
  15. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    Plus they have the added effect of extra bounce and slowed walking! It would be fun to see that haha

16. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Or netherrack and Eff5 picks

17. Karin_88

Karin_88 The Rainbow Ex-GA
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,196
    The task of the building competition/event I'm suggesting is this:
    Contestants are given a plot, and upon the plot is a double chest full of random blocks and materials. There will be a theme for the build (i.e. "coolest house", "minecart ride", "castle"), and the contestants must only use the blocks supplied to them on their plot to build the theme with. This would be a time-based thing as well (for example, 2 weeks long).
    The chest of blocks/materials would be given to get people's creativity/strategies going, and to keep it fair (like with previous building competitions, some players had to buy the supplies they needed - with this one, they wouldn't have to spend any money/time gathering resources). It'd be really awesome to see what people could come up with, that fits the theme, based on the random stuff they are given :)

This would be similar to my building event that is going on at the moment (https://tinyurl.com/BuilderCompetition). I think that it'd be great to see an event like mine, but one that is server-wide, and one that anyone can join (regardless of rank/date of joining forums like my event required).

I made one requirement of my event be that only applicants who are a Builder/Resident rank (who have joined the forums within the last 30 days or less) could apply because my event was geared towards newer players only. The prizes are also geared towards newer players (sets of max tools or just a few max tools and some ECD). However, if this idea was used as a server-wide event that anyone could join, that would be awesome to see! You could also hand out far better prizes. :)

How I've been making sure that the contestants are only building with the materials that they were given is I took a screenshot of every chest, and labeled it as "Plot 1", etc. I also have 5 anonymous judges, who are apart of a Discord group, and they have access to the screenshots of chest inventories as well. The screenshots will come in handy when it's judging time, to make sure that the contestants have followed the rules :)

#17 Karin_88, May 11, 2020
    Last edited: May 11, 2020
  18. TaylorBros22

TaylorBros22 ***Ex-EcoLegend***
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    I’d like to see a trivia contest, held in /ch tr with, say 5 rounds of 10 questions on different categories, with prizes for the winner of each round and the winner of the quiz overall. We could increase the amount of rounds/questions per round too.
    I’d be happy to host & write questions but it’d be cool to have it server sponsored to give out cool prizes - maybe it could be a semi-regular event?

would be cool :)

19. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    What about a 15-30 min event to get to the highest y-value possible on the lobby server? There are a lot of amazing buildings and jumps you can make with jump boost VI, and I’m sure many people will have many different ideas and solutions to get as high as possible.

I assume that you can look at player locations using commands, but a requirement to submit a time stamped screenshot should also be good verification to determine the winners.

20. iSneaky

iSneaky This is a local server for local people
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,256
    Sounds fun to be honest, the only issue is patron users can fly, but I am sure we could work something out around that, this would be a nice event to run during a long maintenance period.