Accepted Enforcement Overhaul - Discussion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ClarinetPhoenix, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mcguy65

Mcguy65 Dirt
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +631
    You know what we need to do is stop making people staff who are "nice" and "friendly", I really don't understand why we started doing this.. it makes staff team corrupt and makes them not do their jobs correctly, we don't need a overhaul on our guide lines. We need staff who aren't complete <-Mod Edit-> on doing their job..
    Just because you own a damn builder town doesn't mean you should be staff.. lol

Sure we do need a overhaul, but we might want to work on getting decent staff first before making changes to the current guidelines, If CURRENT staff cant follow the guidelines we have now, they sure as hell wont be able to follow the new ones we come up with..

#61 Mcguy65, Jan 19, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2018
  2. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Building Fanatic
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,755
    Well, if they were to consider this then what about the players who are made staff due to their popularity within the staff team? Can staff voting lead to corruption? What about removing staff voting completely and just having the SAs decide? I also suggest filing a staff complaint if you feel a staff member is acting unprofessionally...

#62 OlympiansAreGods, Jan 19, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2018
  3. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Staff voting rarely occurs

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. KingCharlie9

KingCharlie9 EcoPremiumPrestigeLegendTycomaster
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +526
    This is a really good point imo. I especially like the bit in red, I also added some onto it in bold.

Rarely means 'not often' which suggests it still does happen, even if it is not often. I think that the SA's should decide because there have been corrupt staff before.

5. BobbyBlack

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    The SA's always have the final say, its just whether they want to hear our opinions on the staff applications.

6. Frostystorm1

Frostystorm1 BulletClub ︻╦╤─ | Former Senior Super Moderator
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,095
    I agree here, staff voting is not the problem, I have personally never been approached about who I think should be staff out of the current pick. If I feel strongly about candidates, I can certainly go to SAs and give feedback though. I don't think this is the problem that we need to discuss here.

IMO, the problem lies with things like /warns. They are "big, bad, scary, red" notifications that tell a user exactly which staff has caused them to get "closer to a ban" in the midst of the total frenzy that they were warned for in the first place. This only fuels that users' anger in chat and especially towards the staff team, and can cause the situation to get worse and out of hand. Many staff are afraid of this reaction, and therefore this causes actions to not be as punished as often as they should be. We can solve this by changing maybe not only who we make staff, but possibly by implementing a mute system instead of warn system, so that those types of reactions cannot occur.

#66 Frostystorm1, Jan 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  7. KingCharlie9

Ratings:
    +526
    Yes they have the final say, however those opinions could have a greater effect than intended

8. BobbyBlack

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Whats the difference between listening to staff's opinions compared to listening to whoever comments on the staff application? A good majority of the staff app comments are like "ive seen them say one nice thing in chat sure +1" or its just a friend giving them a +1. Idk... you say to stop listening to the opinion of other staff but want them to listen to the opinion of who comments on the staff application but listening to whats on the staff application would be worse imo.

#68 BobbyBlack, Jan 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  9. KingCharlie9

Ratings:
    +526
    Yeah I can't argue there you win :happy:

10. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
  11. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    Done with. If this needs to be discussed again I'll bump and re-sticky in future or start a new one.

12. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    #72 andrewkm, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.