Accepted Enforcement Overhaul - Discussion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ClarinetPhoenix, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LJKAzrael

LJKAzrael Freelancer | Ikigai
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +372
  2. Conorx

Conorx Its well and truly Big Boy Season
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +293
    Mate I was permabanned for the reason, ‘No retards allowed on ECC.’ Anyone who can not comprehend that the owner can do what they damn well please is delusional. They run the show, don’t like it, go somewhere else.

3. lambiser

lambiser Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +906
    Touché. It’s andrews server he can do whatever he wants. It’s just that one person who thinks they can do whatever they want too that concerns me.

4. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Andrew can and does whatever he wants, nothing new about that.

Regarding the "retard" complaint, here's my policy. If you get offended by it, (coming from Andrew) why does that have to impact what he does? Same idea about your religion impacting me. I'm down with you restricting yourself for religious reasons, but you cannot restrict another person because of them.

5. lambiser

lambiser Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +906
    I understand that, I’m just afraid of confusion.

6. cdlawrence

cdlawrence Nubby Nubs
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +273
    No matter what happens with the rules and with andrewkm someone will always be confused about something. The rules need to make sense for most players not for every single one. Just as we cannot all the sudden make all features free just to appease those who decide to try our server.

7. KingCharlie9

KingCharlie9 EcoPremiumPrestigeLegendTycomaster

Ratings:
    +526
    to fix this we could issue bans for those who say this because they are purposely trying to be bad?

8. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Building Fanatic
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,755
    Pretty sure that was what I was trying to get at lol

9. KingCharlie9

Ratings:
    +526
    It feels so robotic up until the final bit where the staff member talks and then locks it.
    EDIT: On every scam complaint: 'or better yet provide evidence that you have paid it?'. Would it kill to have a little variation? Rather than it feel like talking to robots, maybe change it up a lil?

This

My suggestion:
    7 warns: 3 day tempban
    14 warns: 5 day tempban
    And if someone manages to somehow accumulate 21 warns in 30 days: 14 day tempban
    I totally agree with this, and think it would be a very useful nice feature - benefiting staff and the banned player(s)

I have so much more to say, but honestly I can't think of it from the top of my head
    . Also, about tanapeti's appeal like
    Riley said, I am also not happy with the way it was handled.

Also, even though andrew said that ban appeals are at the very bottom of the priority list, I think they should be a little higher. This isn't because I was banned myself, but because players wait days for their appeals to be handled. I feel like andrew considered banned players as absolute shit when he said that, even though some of those banned players are the same ones who may have made positive impacts on ECC previously, as well as donating to the server. I think they should be treated with a little more respect, even though they have done wrongdoings. A little more respect, if not the same respect as other players. And no, this wasn't because of my ban, even before I got banned I was thinking this - this thread was my chance to say it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #49 KingCharlie9, Jan 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  10. KingCharlie9

Ratings:
    +526
    @zr2002 thx for saying what I needed to say but couldn't find the words for :happy:

I think severe punishments should only really be issued when people are negatively affected by actions. I feel some staff just lowkey abuse their power in a way that is not illegal, but not just either.

This is what I mean about lowkey abusing it; some staff go to the far ends of the earth to try turn something into a punishment.

Yes. He is the Owner, but really, it is just an unkind thing to do. Say if it was someone like @xboyfernz filing it, then I can understand that response (no offence xboi). But the new person was literally just confused, and to respond like that, was just unprofessional, unneccessary and flat out wrong. If it were me, I'd just say 'Dismissed' and then get the hell outta there lol, since its a new player.

11. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Why? Consistency is good. Complaints aren't for entertainment, contrary to belief, they're to get a job done.

12. cheese_ball_3

cheese_ball_3 Çhêê§ê lðrÐ

Ratings:
    +487
    Complaints & ban appeals are very juicyyy to me.
    I stalk forums

#52 cheese_ball_3, Jan 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  13. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    Moist

14. KMaxwell

KMaxwell Crazy Cat Lady that Crochets
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,614
    I work in a call centre, so I can understand a certain amount of formatting when it comes to processing a complaint, or an appeal. That everyone does the same thing by the same format, even if they personalize it a little bit, means that there is a consistent experience across the board. Maybe not everyone likes that, or you think the staff handling it are being robotic... but it isn't about you, personally, it is about making sure each required step is followed, from the acknowledgement of the complaint, to the offering of a rebuttal/reply from the one being complained against, and the final solution.

Regarding appeals, I actually like the fact they are the lowest priority situation on the staff's radar... it is a punishment. Plain and simple... don't like it, don't break the rules. I remember, before that announcement about low priority, how staff were hounded to complete someone's appeal so that they could get back on the server and play... treating staff like shit, and like it was somehow staff's fault they weren't already online and enjoying all that ECC has to offer... the fact that a rule breaker, someone who was being punished for breaking the rules, had that kind of power was just not in the best interests of the server.

However, there is a flip side to the waiting, on top of having submitted a well worded and contrite appeal, is that such a display of maturity in waiting for a ruling on your case if a further arguement that you are ready to rejoin the server.

...just my two cents, at the moment. I have a few other comments that I'd like to bring up, but I need to do a little more research first.

15. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo

Ratings:
    +4,290
    Very well said indeed. I also remember those days before the crackdown by andrew.

16. KingCharlie9

Ratings:
    +526
    Yeah, but it wouldn't kill the staff to change it up every now and then? Might as well just get bots to do it then

17. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Again, why? There's literally no reason to do so.

18. Frostystorm1

Frostystorm1 BulletClub ︻╦╤─ | Former Senior Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,095
    The reason why we don't change it up is because our responses need to be consistent and concise to get the point across. It also takes up way too much time to be thinking of new "lines" to say on each and every complaint. As of right now, the staff team is trying to head in the direction of more consistency and not less consistency anyways, hence why this thread is even a thing in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. KingCharlie9

Ratings:
    +526
    okay

20. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo